Making the jump...just need to stay up now.

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
rising_sun_atl

Making the jump...just need to stay up now.

Postby rising_sun_atl » 10 Dec 2012 17:59

I am very happy and thrilled to say that I have experienced my first lucid dream not too long ago. I wrote it down and read it about it to this day. Was it long? Nah. Not exactly seconds short either, but definitely not long as anyone would want from LDs. This first time occurred about a few months ago if memory serves me right. I can always look in my journal but I don't have it on me at the moment. Since then I have yet to have any LDs, however it is not from any techniques or tricks written on this site not working. Its just that I've been slammed with plenty of stressing events in the last few months that have taken a toll on me. In fact I had completely ceased trying to LD just cause I was either so tired or so worried about next day events.

Thats been my life summary for the past few months since that first experience......until recently. I'm talking few weeks ago recently. Allow me to preface this experience real quick. Before having my first LD I came on this site for hours reading about tricks, tips, and other dreamers' experiences. Though I hadn't tried to LD, I recalled the way I had recognized that I was dreaming the first time. I read about imagining creative ways to work with your dream to initiate lucidity. Well in this most recent experience, I used the same trick I had the first time to become lucid. Once I saw something that I knew couldn't be waking, I shout as loud as my lungs will allow me to "I'm Dreaming!" Only this time I brought my hands together to perform the two finger palm RC. At the very instant my fingertips went through my palm, I became lucid!

The dream itself didn't last long, probably due to the fact that I excited myself after months of stressing and being strung out. It was only seconds. I meant to write it down but alas, I forgot to do that, so I can't describe what it looked like. All I can remember clear as day is the method I created to become lucid. I'm actually pleased I thought about it. Again it has to do with associating to things we remember and enjoy most. Me personally, the things I remember most are movies I enjoy. In fact, I relate the Matrix Trilogy to lucid dreaming and it definitely helps the process, or at the very least is calming to day-dream about. So for this new method of mine, which I hope to use to start all of my LDs in the future, I'm calling it the "Dream On" approach.

Here's the rundown of it, as I began to explain above. The best way I associate this is to the movie Fantastic Four, specifically to The Human Torch. For anyone who knows the character, you know when he's about to turn into the torch he screams at the top of his lungs "Flame On!!"? That's essentially what I do when I recognize I'm dreaming. I scream out loud "Dream On!!!" followed by quickly bringing two of my fingers together to my other palm to perform an RC.

I know this is a long strung post, but I have had these thoughts built up for a while now and have been aching for the chance to put all of it out and seek answers and comments and advice for it all. I want to return to lucid dreaming A.S.A.P. I've had small tastes of getting back to it with these recent, seconds long LDs and this new technique I made for myself. I feel confident in it, but now I come to the next question in my lucid studies. After initiation, I need help prolonging that initial excitement that I get that I know is bound to happen. I've been getting better judging from my first time as far as not trying anything extreme that my jolt me awake. In this last recent LD, after performing my Dream On method, I tried slowly deeply breathing just to calm my nerves and remain anchored. But I need something more surefire to stretch the dream out and even make things clearer and more real. Although after my first LD, it's hard to get more real than that. I'll share that first experience in a later post. So please lucid dreamers of this world and the dream world, young and old, wise and new, whoever you are. Rebecca and company if you're out there and come across this, point me in the right direction. Thank y'all and sweet dreams.
"What is 'real'? How do you define 'real'?" ~Morpheus

Lucid Dreamer

Re: Making the jump...just need to stay up now.

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 11 Dec 2012 03:32

i am quite the beginner myself, and have only had approximately 6 lucid dreams. but i do have some tequiniques use to help stabilize my lucidity in my dreams.

first of all, you can use all of your senses. feel the bark on trees, rub your hands together, take off your shoes and feel the ground beneath your feet. look at the palms of your hands, look at the wrinkles and lines. look at the world around you. look at detail. taste anything you can put in your mouth. hear the birds or whatever it may be. smell the flowers or the person next to you. use your senses to enhance your consciousness.

now you can try the fun things. try to stick your hand through your palm, try to fly/float, try to walk through a wall. things that would be impossible in real life, try.

usually, after i do these things, i have fun with the dream. but DO NOT FORGET to stop every once and a while to smell or feel the flowers, or feel the cobblestone. With this, i actually had my longest lucid dream ever! and it was all because of me stopping along the way to use my senses and to remind myself that i was dreaming.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

rising_sun_atl

Postby rising_sun_atl » 11 Dec 2012 04:09

Sounds simple enough. And something I can try in the first few seconds to stabalize the dream. What about if the dream seems a tad bit fuzzy still? Any ways to add clarity?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"What is 'real'? How do you define 'real'?" ~Morpheus

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 11 Dec 2012 22:37

hmm. i dont have any further knowledge about that. good question though.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”