Best way to ask the dream

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Highlander

Re: Best way to ask the dream

Postby Highlander » 20 Mar 2013 12:45

taniaaust1 wrote:You dont need to ask the dream for anything. I just think what I want and it can just appear

I agree with that. Sometimes i talk and sometimes i just think on my dream if i want something. But all in all, it's just a matter of wanting. You can want by speaking what you want or just by thinking. The "dream" will know.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 21 Mar 2013 03:33

taniaaust1 wrote:You dont need to ask the dream for anything. I just think what I want and it can just appear eg if I want to change a scary demon into a little boy. I'll just think of it doing that (I dont have to at all visualize what I want little boy to look like just think "demon change to harmless little boy", just shut my eyes and know on opening them what I wanted will be there) or if I want an icecream or something to eat.. I'll look around in my dream for it.. usually then turning I'll see a fridge/freezer or something like that in the room which I can go and get my food out of.

What is necessary for this to happen is you need to expect it will happen cause you thought it. All you need is the awareness and belief that you can create by a single thought cause its a dream. Some need to do more to help convince themself of that and will find they need to talk out loud or ask or even create something like a wand to aid them...but none of those things are really needed. All u need is the belief.

When you think of what you want do you visualize it happening? That's what I've been doing, and maybe why I've been failing. I would focus on visualizing(with my eyes open) the object I want with expectation, but still nothing happened.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2013 01:09

Guitar48300 wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:You dont need to ask the dream for anything. I just think what I want and it can just appear eg if I want to change a scary demon into a little boy. I'll just think of it doing that (I dont have to at all visualize what I want little boy to look like just think "demon change to harmless little boy", just shut my eyes and know on opening them what I wanted will be there) or if I want an icecream or something to eat.. I'll look around in my dream for it.. usually then turning I'll see a fridge/freezer or something like that in the room which I can go and get my food out of.

What is necessary for this to happen is you need to expect it will happen cause you thought it. All you need is the awareness and belief that you can create by a single thought cause its a dream. Some need to do more to help convince themself of that and will find they need to talk out loud or ask or even create something like a wand to aid them...but none of those things are really needed. All u need is the belief.

When you think of what you want do you visualize it happening? That's what I've been doing, and maybe why I've been failing. I would focus on visualizing(with my eyes open) the object I want with expectation, but still nothing happened.

No I dont try to visualize anything at all. I can just think, like the word (I dont do it with any image in my head at all, Im crap at visuallizing anythin so dont even try), I think eg "ice cream" and then one will appear somewhere in the dream when I look for it (I dont expect it to be at all hard to find but expect it there). All you need to do is KNOW what you want will appear and be there somewhere and turn around and expect to see it appear some how, somewhere. eg thinking of icecream... you may see a fridge when you look at the room better, you may suddenly have a DC come up and give you one.. or it could appear in other ways eg an icecream van may come by.

I dont know but possibly being more open to the whole thing and not so controlling of the situation eg trying to manifest an icecream you visualize, may allow the subconsciousness to manifest it better in some way. Just think "very nice rasberry icecream" if that is what you want and then treat the situation as you would in real life eg I then think "where's a fridge" or you could wonder if icecream vans come by. It helps to be active about the situation rather then passive after your "ice cream" thought.. to get your icecream (thou some do manifest one right in their hand while looking at it, but that is far far harder to do.. besides I enjoy the mystery of things and what will happen. How will I get the icecream?).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 17:57

Guitar48300 wrote:I hear many people talking about when they want something in the dream they simply "ask the dream" for what they want. What's the proper way to do that if any? Can you just think the request? Do you need to shout the question? Or maybe just ask the dream at a normal volume? Does it matter how loud or quiet you ask?

Me i dont ask to my DC, i ask directly to my dream by sreaming :mrgreen:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”