Spinning in Lucid Dreams

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

What effect does spinning around have on your lucid dream?

It increases my lucidity.
27%
It creates a new dream scene.
27%
It causes me to wake up.
27%
Nothing.
18%

Total votes: 62

Rebecca
Site Admin

Spinning in Lucid Dreams

Postby Rebecca » 27 Aug 2011 01:53

To increase your lucidity, Stephen LaBerge recommends you spin around to trigger a sensation of movement and stimulate the conscious brain. However, this seems to be met with mixed results.

So I want to know... What effect does spinning around have on your lucid dream? (Please pick the option that most frequently represents your experience, even if it doesn't happen EVERY time.)

jkemeny

Re: Spinning in Lucid Dreams

Postby jkemeny » 28 Aug 2011 19:48

For me it has done both...increased lucidity and changed the dream scene but not always within the same dream

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 31 Aug 2011 21:15

Is there a way that all of these people posting random stuff can be stopped?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

robrg1836

Postby robrg1836 » 05 Sep 2011 09:26

I get increased lucidity...

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 06 Sep 2011 10:00

worldenterer wrote:Is there a way that all of these people posting random stuff can be stopped?

Forum spammers are total pigs. (Sorry pigs, you are lovely creatures, much better than spammers.)

Myself and Jonathan are moderators and we delete all spam posts as soon as we see them. But as you can imagine we aren't online 24/7....

As a regular member I would be more than happy to offer you moderator permissions which means you can push a button and kill the spam as soon as you see it. This would help me immensely and would not involve any other responsibilities or work for you.

PM me if you're interested (any regular members...)

Thanks ;)

Dreamer117

Postby Dreamer117 » 22 Sep 2011 22:26

isn`t this also away to trigger mutual dreams if u also think about the persons dream you want to go too ?

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 23 Sep 2011 16:31

I've been doing this method of strengthening my lucid dreams for many years now... 15+ years, at least. I never heard about LaBerge back when I started doing this. It's just something I found through experimenting that worked to keep me within my dream.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Sep 2011 20:51

this works but I suspect that its more that spinning creates an awareness and the spinning itself is not so important. I sometimes simply 'will" for the dream to become stable. I might think a statement like this is my dream and I want to stay here" or some such thought and it settles the dream

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidPotter

Postby LucidPotter » 03 Jan 2012 00:14

This was the first stabilization technique I ever tried and it failed miserably for me :( At least I now know to try something else :)
"Of course it's been happening inside your head,Harry, but why on earth would that mean that it is not real?" {Albus Dumbledore}.

jamiealexander

Postby jamiealexander » 28 May 2012 22:43

I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. It always causes me to wake up.

Tbh, I haven't really tried it so much because I'd rather not wake up, but I might give it another go. It has always caused me to go back to my physical body, but then I've only tried it when the dream was fading.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”