Spinning in Lucid Dreams

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

What effect does spinning around have on your lucid dream?

It increases my lucidity.
27%
It creates a new dream scene.
27%
It causes me to wake up.
27%
Nothing.
18%

Total votes: 62

Daviddd

Re: Spinning in Lucid Dreams

Postby Daviddd » 06 Aug 2014 12:20

Once, I was about to wake up and tried it. It caused me to wake up earlier and I fell in sleep paralysis. Once again, there's nothing scary in it as long as you won't 'fight'. Not sure what it will cause next time. Not participating in the poll yet.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

The Cusp

Postby The Cusp » 22 Mar 2015 17:46

Spinning is a terrible thing to do in a lucid dream.

First rule of dream control is: Everything requires your attention to exist.
If you're spinning so much that you can't focus on your surroundings, they literally cease to exist and you wake up.

Yet spinning still does have stabilizing effects on the dream. This is from the sense of momentum generated by the spin. Momentum is the key to stabilizing dreams, and there are plenty of other methods of generating momentum which aren't so disorienting (running, jumping, flying).

As long as you don't spin yourself stupid, it's not so bad. The proper way to use spinning in a dream without running the risk of waking would be to use very short spins. Basically a really fast trun.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Mar 2015 19:39

Dont agree, sometimes I spin so hard that I break up into lots of little parts and still remain lucid and fully embedded in the dream but in a different state

You put your opinion up as fact and that is not correct except in your experience
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

The Cusp

Postby The Cusp » 22 Mar 2015 23:18

Peter wrote:Dont agree, sometimes I spin so hard that I break up into lots of little parts and still remain lucid and fully embedded in the dream but in a different state

You put your opinion up as fact and that is not correct except in your experience

So first you warn me not to be egotistical, and now you're going to start poking me?

You are mistaken the assuming I have based this off only my personal experience. Fact it, spinning isn't the wonder technique everyone says it is. A large % of the people who use it do wake up, and yet others still successfully use it to stabilize or to switch scenes. I offered an explanation on how it can do both of those things.

Just because YOU can use it fine does not mean everyone else will be able to.

Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Mar 2015 00:39

Yip that exactly what I did and still stick to that. We welcome all opinions and experiences but stop short of posts that say something is fact as its all subjective and personal experience.

spinning works for its intended purpose and is a tool along the way, yes at times it wont work but it also depends on why you are spinning in the first place

And it that's a poke then yes it is.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

SunTzu

Postby SunTzu » 03 Oct 2015 02:22

I wonder if different spinning speeds produce different results?
I've found that spinning fast enough for vision to blur can cause me to detach from the dream scene and it ends up changing. Maybe spinning more slowly is enough to give the sensation of movement without losing focus.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Oct 2015 08:54

Good question, SunTzu! That's something that all of us lucid dreamers should test. Interesting ...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Harry Potter

Postby Harry Potter » 17 Dec 2015 01:59

It causes me to become nauseous... In my dream, and then I'm left feeling like that when I wake up.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”