Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Dream Control Specifics

Mirrors and Lucid Dreams

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

Re: Mirrors and Lucid Dreams

Postby thomas » 22 Oct 2011 02:20

Hi - saw this post and yes I had a lucid dream involving looking at myself in a mirror. I was ice skating in an indoor rink and that is when I became lucid - I don't ice skate. That thought triggered lucidity. I felt different so I wanted to see what I looked like. A full length mirror appeared on the rink and I looked. I saw myself entirely different! I was very surprised. I knew it was me but wouldn't have recognized myself walking down the street. I just kept looking for a bit more then decided ice skating was fun and I should take advantage of being able to skate. I can't in waking life - at least not well. It had almost the feeling of flying.

Thomas
thomas

Postby Summerlander » 22 Oct 2011 21:09

Hi!

I use the mirror in my hallway as a portal so many times after separating from my body. The replicated abode in the dream world always includes a mirror because in reality we see that mirror everyday when we go up and down the stairs.

By the way, I once looked like this when I looked at myself in a lucid dream mirror. These days I tend to look less distorted:

By the way, I apologise in advance for the nudity if it offends anyone. As an artist, from an early age, it is something that I got used to (seeing naked models and using them as reference to create art). I understand if people are not as open to this and will remove it if not approved.
Summerlander

Postby WalterM » 19 Nov 2011 09:17

As far as I'm concerned mirrors attract bad spirits which can cause nightmares. The main point is that you should not have mirrors in your bedroom that reflect your face.
YouTube to MP4 http://convertyoutubetomp4.net/
WalterM

Postby Snaggle » 07 Feb 2012 09:55

Not with mirrors, Rebecca, instead with lakes and ponds- they all have those underwater caves filled with air and some of those caves have whole cities in them :D
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel
Snaggle

Postby jet199 » 08 Feb 2012 12:47

I used a mirror in an LD to see what I would look like with different hair styles. I kept peeking my head round to the mirror thinking of people I knew and the mirror showed me with their hair. However after a while my face started to take on their features as well and I had to stop and start concentrate on looking like myself again.

I have also used a mirror as a portal but lost lucidity soon after. I remember that everything looked very "mirrory" though, sort of silvery and icy. I had to walk through this mirrory cave before I got anywhere interesting.
"The real question is not whether there is life after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death" - Osho
jet199

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 22:05

i know once i was looking at myself in the mirror and i suddenly had a long beautiful dress on! :D i dont know if i was lucid for that though. i should try one of these, i am still trying to choose what my first goal should be though.

i am wondering, i always wished i had a sibling, actually i wish i had an identical twin. could i somehow reach out and grab my reflection's hand and pull her through? i think it would be interesting to actually "meet myself" lol. would she have my exact same personality and everything? i have to try this, i would like to see what my twin would say.

maybe i could just ask the dream to show me myself personified? nah, that could bring anything up, i think i will try bringing my reflection to life :)

anyone else ever done this? if so was the person anything like you?

man i am such a lonely only child lol
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World
DreamSailing

Postby roomaady » 12 Mar 2012 10:38

How does math work inside ice skating? What does math have to with it? I know I know, this sounds so much like the movie Ice Princess. But I'm doing a project that could help receive money for collage. The project is to write about "How math moves you" in activity that you are passionate about. If you have any information or websites that talk about math and skating, and how they interact with one another, that would be greatly appreciated.

Previous

Return to Dream Control Specifics