The Lucid Dreaming Workshop

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Summerlander

The Lucid Dreaming Workshop

Postby Summerlander » 02 Nov 2011 01:31

Hi!

I'm currently reading a few books and one of them is Stephen LaBerge's Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming. I found an exercise there whereby practitioners of the phase can create a workshop with useful tools and helpers (I prefer to call them counsellors).

Anyway, the idea is to use the phase workshop in order to problem-solve, be creative and improve as a person in general. In fact, the workshop can be used for so many things that may or may not benefit you in waking life. I've come up with one which may serve as an example and inspire you to create your own:

The more you visit this mind construct in the phase, the more you can improve it. You can always add to it! Notice how I've picked specific characters for each of the rooms. They are who I think represent each of the rooms best in my mind.

You can also use the workshop to launch into your adventures. It could be your metaphysical base! Like a space station! Have fun! ;)

The Phase = OOBEs/AP/LD
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Re: The Lucid Dreaming Workshop

Postby Peter » 02 Nov 2011 05:14

I a real life issue that needed dealing to and I put an advisory group together in a ld and in an indirect way got the answer I wanted. Interesting was that the group assembled in a room and as the members walked in they were old friends. Cool that my mind even gave me people I liked and trusted.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Nov 2011 02:48

Peter, that is great! There are a few stories like yours in Stephen LaBerge's book. It seems like you are very much your own friend and that is a good thing. You know you can always rely on that advisory group now! ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Feb 2012 13:17

This is actually a fun idea Summerland.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2012 01:09

well, at least its something we can all agree with. I still haven't managed to do it, Snaggle. One definitely needs a lot of control and confidence! :)

- Padmasambhava

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 15 Feb 2012 06:31

This is a great LD task. Interested to hear about other people's experiences with it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2012 15:13

At the moment I've got this NDE simulation experiment to do for Michael Raduga, but afterwards, I will definitely dedicate myself to this. I really want to incorporate the workshop in my experiences. I see it like a space station with launch pads that can help me travel to many environments in the metaphysical universe. I definitely want to feel at home in this workshop. I'm aiming to make it as familiar as the home replicas feel when I have WILDs (using the "separation from the body" technique to enter the dream world lucidly).

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”