A dream character broke character!/my introduction

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

A dream character broke character!/my introduction

Postby zoomtime » 30 Jan 2012 06:13

Hello, all! This is my first post and certainly not my last. I became interested in lucid dreaming a couple years ago and was not very successful. I had a couple different lucid dreams, but they were lacking heavily in clarity and control. However, after finding this website I became heavily motivated. All day long, I used the same technique that Rebecca uses often to become lucid, where you try and pass your finger through your other hand. I became lucid three times last night with this tool, with much more clarity than ever before. I wont bore you with the first two episodes of lucidity, because although they were profound to me, I didn't really accomplish anything. It was the third one that still puzzles me now.

I did have one flying lucid dream a long time ago, but, well, this time it was incredible. I realized quickly that it simply requires pure faith that I could fly in order to do so. Anyway, I began hovering above the ground, experimenting with the nature of it. I was in a town with a bunch of people nearby. As I began defying the laws of gravity, everyone started running over to me in amazement. I was blatantly ignoring them because I was trying to focus. Well, one guy grabbed my attention with such magnetism. He broke from his character as an infatuated pedestrian and said with an entirely different tone of voice, "this always happens. Better clear the city within 45 minutes." I was shocked and immediately tried to start asking him something, anything. But he spoke over me and started talking about the auto-repair shop we were all next to. He had snapped back into character, however, not concerned with the fact that I was just flying!

Why would he tell me that? What consequences could there possibly be?

Anyway, I decided to fly off into the sky. I passed over a couple castles. I'm not sure why I decided to not explore them. Instead, I flew down into a small town that was apparently from Back to the Future. It was the town from when they were in the wild west. I was becoming far less lucid at this point. All the sudden, I was a GIANT. My head was the size of a house, particularly the house in the movie that belonged to Marty McFly's ancestor. He was holding the baby just like in the movie. He invited me in. Somehow, instantly, I willed my way back to a normal-sized body and entered the house. I went into the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror and realized how tired I looked. Which I guess was a bad idea because I awoke immediately.

Re: A dream character broke character!/my introduction

Postby R99 » 30 Jan 2012 12:51

Welcome to the group, and great LD, keep it up.
I see the Truth now.

Re: A dream character broke character!/my introduction

Postby jamjam » 30 Jan 2012 23:49

Hmmm... interesting! Maybe someone had come to the town before? Try to give dream characters some respect... they have a mind of their own! They could be wiser than you! Welcome to the forum!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”