Lucid Dream or O.B.E.?... What did I experience!??!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Lucid Dream or O.B.E.?... What did I experience!??!

Postby HAGART » 26 Feb 2012 04:50

(THIS IS LONG, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT UNLESS YOU ARE INTERESTED ANYWAY)

I lucid dream a lot and I figured I was quite good at it.

BUT IN ALL MY LIFE, NO LUCID DREAM WAS LIKE WHAT I EXPERIENCED A FEW DAYS AGO! And I think some of you will relate to this.

I normally realize I am dreaming in a dream (DILD), but the first thing I remember about this one was walking out my front door. It may have begun as a false awakening... it was like any other lucid dream I get, or at least the best ones that I get. I could decide what to do, but things would morph, and my powers are limited, and the world is like a dream-scape. Then it faded as it usually does at the end of a dream and I wake up.....

But I didn't wake up. I was in bed, a bed I didn't recognize, so I knew it was just a false awakening. Then I start to feel sleep paralysis squeeze me and it is comforting because I know I can ride it out and enter a deeper lucid dream, which is probably what most would call a W.I.L.D. because I was completely aware of myself and could wake up but don't. So at this point I am pretty much entering a lucid dream from the wake state. I've done those 3 or 4 times and they are 'wilder'(pun intended) in my experience. But this was not one of those.

That shadow guy came.... if you know what I mean.... I don't believe in demons..... but I've had a few encounters before with a dark shadow at the end of my bed that would grip me. I would be paralyzed with fear and sense pure evil.

This time I am on my back, so I don't look, but I know IT's there, and since I know for a fact it is not real I just let IT do it's thing. It violently pushed on my back again and again, bouncing me up and down out of my bed like a basketball about a foot high. Then it lifted me to the ceiling and dragged me along it. (This is probably where they get their ideas for demonic possessions in horror movies...) Then there was a mirror and I wanted to look at it. When I did I was horrified to see my head was nothing more than a gigantic, head-sized, eyeball staring back at me. It scared the crap out of me.

It was then when I decided I needed to take control. I was on the floor now and I tried to walk. I was extremely disoriented and unbalanced, as though I drank an entire bottle of vodka. After about 3 steps or so, BOOM! I WAS NOW IN COMPLETE CONTROL.

I stepped out of the room and looked to my right and there was a mirror. In it, was a perfect, well almost perfect, mirror image of my face. It didn't morph or anything. I've looked in a mirror in a lucid dream before and my face always changed and shifted shapes as I looked at it. I turned right and I was in a house, that felt familiar but not my own and I started the dream from there. EVERYTHING WAS SO REAL AND STABLE.

After a while my grandmother came to me and warned me to GET OUT! As if a demon has taken over my dreams. I was a bit scared seeing how scared she was. I thought she was right and enough was enough. I had already had a very intense experience for my dream journal so it was time to wake up.

BUT I COULD NOT WAKE UP! For about 10 minutes or so I kept trying to wake up. I was scared that my real body may have died or was in a coma and I would never wake up. I even tried to jump off a tall building to shock my self awake, but I just hit the ground. Normally I have the opposite problem and try everything to keep the dream going, but this time, not matter what I tried, I could not wake up.

Anyway, it was like I was in a different world and it lasted probably 30 minutes. I bet lucid dreams can get even longer and more realistic than that for some people. Maybe even me in the future.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sarah

Re: Lucid Dream or O.B.E.?... What did I experience!??!

Postby Sarah » 26 Feb 2012 21:04

Im pretty sure it was just a nightmare.

If not, if you think it was a demon, there IS a chance there was some demon inside, but I highly doubt it ( It's very rare)

Just try to control more! o: You were probably having a very bad nightmare mixed with a lucid dream
[color=#BFBFBF]Keep on believing[/color]

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Feb 2012 22:54

Sarah wrote:Im pretty sure it was just a nightmare.

If not, if you think it was a demon, there IS a chance there was some demon inside, but I highly doubt it ( It's very rare)

Just try to control more! o: You were probably having a very bad nightmare mixed with a lucid dream

I am familiar with sleep paralysis with this demon figure. I had a bunch in October and it went away. That is nothing new to me. In fact if you hug it, the fear turns to extreme joy. It's just a place of intense emotion and if you are slightly afraid, you become VERY afraid and if you are slightly happy, you become EUPHORIC. Although logical about it, I also get scared during a scary movie even though I know that is not real either.

However I never let it just have its way with me like that and it led to a very intense, real dream. I could touch things, taste, smell, hear, and of course see. Everything was concrete like it truly existed. I picked up plates and smashed them. Different sized objects had different weight. I felt like I had a body; I wasn't just a floating 'orb-of-perception' like most lucid dreams.

However I think it was just a higher state of lucid dreaming than I was use to, not an o.b.e. Some people say there isn't much difference so I don't know and that is why I ask.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 27 Feb 2012 00:32

HAGART wrote:

... it led to a very intense, real dream. I could touch things, taste, smell, hear, and of course see. Everything was concrete like it truly existed. I picked up plates and smashed them. Different sized objects had different weight. I felt like I had a body; I wasn't just a floating 'orb-of-perception' like most lucid dreams.

However I think it was just a higher state of lucid dreaming than I was use to, not an o.b.e. Some people say there isn't much difference so I don't know and that is why I ask.

Hagart this is what real vivid dreams and nightmares are like.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Feb 2012 21:16

I'd also like to add the following: it is of my opinion that OOBEs are lucid dreams. When I experience sleep paralysis, vibrations or any other unusual sensation prior to a perceived separation from the body, I consider such experiences to be WILDs that incorporate the illusion of leaving one's body.

All experience is dreaming. Our minds create the virtual world of experience. As Stephen LaBerge once said:
"Perception is dreaming true. Dreaming is perceiving free", this is pretty much the aphorism of his declaration that "dreaming is perception unconstrained by sensory input; perception is dreaming constrained by sensory input".

Life is a dream.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Feb 2012 22:06

I agree that OOBE and LD and a few other states are all same. They interechange and mix and mingle too much to be anthing else
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Feb 2012 01:08

Summerlander wrote:All experience is dreaming. Our minds create the virtual world of experience. As Stephen LaBerge once said:
"Perception is dreaming true. Dreaming is perceiving free", this is pretty much the aphorism of his declaration that "dreaming is perception unconstrained by sensory input; perception is dreaming constrained by sensory input".

Life is a dream.

Reality is not real, only your experience of it is real.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Feb 2012 02:19

I read all your comments and thank you all for listening and responding. There's nobody I know in my life who would come close to understanding.

I think it was just a very vivid lucid experience, and I hope I get more of those.
I had gone over a week without dreaming prior to this. I don't mean not lucid dreaming, I mean not dreaming at all! Maybe a few visions here and there and that was it. My doctor put me on an anti-depressant recently that was messing with my mind for a week. I was afraid I would never dream again. But I finally got use to the drug. Perhaps when our brains are deprived of dreams it stores up the 'energy' to do it like a battery and releases it all in an intense dream because the next day I had a really long normal dream too.

And yes waking reality is a dream. What happened a second ago doesn't exist anymore and what will happen a second from now is only speculation. There is no present. It's all your own perception. I had a panic attack a few months ago (hence the drugs) and it felt like my body was somewhere else and the whole reality as I knew it was an illusion like the MATRIX.

I'm alright now. As long as you are alright with your perception of reality and comfortable that's all that matters. I said it before... I have the wool covered over my eyes, but it is comfortable wool.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”