Not using reality checks but gotten a LD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jozza

Not using reality checks but gotten a LD

Postby Jozza » 04 Jun 2013 12:52

Okay so basically I've been doing some of my reality checks and my reality check were to try to pass my fingers through one of my hands and to breathe through my nose while pinching it, but so far i didn't need it to have my LD, i remember this dream like it was just a few hours ago.

Note: all of the rooms in this dream look exactly identical to what they would appear in reality, also this was after i got my haircut, i used to have sort of long hair in away but now it's completely short.

It all started when i was in my passageway in my house and i was just standing in front of the bathroom door, for no apparent reason, anyways my Mum was in the lounge room just down the passageway to the left and she started saying some random things....I recall she said something about dinner i suppose. Anyways i walked into the bathroom (the bathroom light was already on) and i was going to the toilet but just before i went, i looked in the mirror and i saw the bottom of my ears attached to my shoulders by a string that looked like skin, and i began questioning myself saying "that's odd, since when was that there?" and then i looked at my hair and suddenly it hit me.

My hair looked longer even before i got my haircut and i was like freaking out in a way and started pointing how it didn't make any sense and i was talking out loud and i started saying "This makes no sense, i couldn't have long hair, i just got a hair cut...This makes no sense...No i have to be dreaming their is no way i couldn't be!" and so i started testing my surroundings and i started to look at my environment and i tried making some objects move but failed, then i tried to summon a character, that failed.

Then i was trying to sort of force myself to believe it was a dream so i didn't have to live with weird ears attached to shoulder with long hair, so i decided to run and jump around the room getting excited on purpose just so i can wake up, so i began doing so and after a while i woke up. (being excited causes you to wake up, that's why when you have your first LD you need to calm down).

So that's the story..So weird, but i didn't regret anything because what's the point of an D if you can't control it.
_Jozza_

LucidLink

Re: Not using reality checks but gotten a LD

Postby LucidLink » 04 Jun 2013 13:34

You became lucid and gained controll of your body thoughts and movement in a dream...
Sounds like controll to me! :)
The other more complicated things, like summoning people, will come with time. For now just focus on the basics, congratulations on your first lucid dream :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 19 Jun 2013 18:10

Another way to wake up from a dream is to close your eyes shut, then open them. Try that a few times. Why that works is because it triggers your real life eyes to open, thus ending a dream. I usually do it when I bored, because I have lucid dreams at random, so I don't really plan for them.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 02:52

Jozza wrote: This makes no sense...No i have to be dreaming their is no way i couldn't be!" and so i started testing my surroundings and i started to look at my environment and i tried making some objects move but failed, then i tried to summon a character, that failed.

Then i was trying to sort of force myself to believe it was a dream so i didn't have to live with weird ears attached to shoulder with long hair, so i decided to run and jump around the room getting excited on purpose just so i can wake up, so i began doing so and after a while i woke up. (being excited causes you to wake up, that's why when you have your first LD you need to calm down).

So that's the story..So weird, but i didn't regret anything because what's the point of an D if you can't control it.

What's the point?
Thou you werent fully successsfully controlling the LD (that can be rather boring if one is too much in control controlling everything), you still had some control in this LD. If you wanted to you could of walked outside and climbed up to the top of a tall building and jumped off (something you could never do in real life). You could of taken chocolates from a stole and eaten them to your hearts content, you could of kissed the cute boys and girls in the street without reprecussions. There are many things you could of done with your done in which you cant do in real life even if you werent successfully changing things in your dream. The best way to gain more control is via practice and LD experience.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”