First lucid dreams after passing out drunk :)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First lucid dreams after passing out drunk :)

Postby apps » 29 Mar 2012 06:37

I don't have much in particular to share about my dreams, but I just wanted to say my first lucid dream (or dreams, I actually wrote down 3 separate ones that night) happened when I fell asleep quite intoxicated :lol: . I didn't drink enough to blackout of course, but I wasn't far from it tbh. I've read numerous times that drugs/alcohol lessen your chances of being able to lucid dream, but I guess that wasn't the case for me that night.

Anyway, I had a fantastic time exploring my dream surroundings, and playing with my past pets. The most amazing part to me was how unbelievably detailed things were. It's like if real-life is 240p, lucid dreams are 1080p, with a couple other dimensions added.

I also remember telling my roommates in my dream to remind me I'm dreaming next time I see them. ;) Hopefully I'll encounter them.

lucidinthe sky

Re: First lucid dreams after passing out drunk :)

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 Mar 2012 19:21

Congrats! I think you're pretty lucky having lucid dream after heavy drinking. I read your post after having a bit too much myself, although still not that much. But no lucid dreams for me after drinking, in fact I often don't even remember them after drinking more than say two glasses of wine. But the longer I stay away from alcohol, the better my dreams get, more detail and more likely to be lucid. It's amazing that it takes me a couple days to get my dreams back to full clarity. It's very repeatable for me.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Re: First lucid dreams after passing out drunk :)

Postby Peter » 11 Apr 2012 06:51

Had that happen heaps a long time back. I think that if you get drunk you get a restless sleep of at least a not very refreshing sleep and so get a REM rebound in the last bit of sleep time and either get lucid or have very vivid dreams

Works great but I dont like the hangovers anymore :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”