Deild Shmeild

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DeltaV

Deild Shmeild

Postby DeltaV » 19 Jul 2013 07:17

So last night, I managed to experiment a little with the DEILD technique, making a few discoveries about entering dreams and how it feels like.

So I had either waken up, or hadn't gone back to sleep yet because of the mosquito ravaging my sense of hearing. Slowly an image began to form in my mind (it didn't exactly go like that, but I don't recall what I did before this). It's like looking at an image through an aperture in your mind. At first, its small and vague, but grows bigger and clearer. In this case, I was looking at the sky (I believe through a window), at a swarm of planes, only visible by the red lights on their wings.
I did a bit of dream control and tried to increase the number of red lights in the sky. The result creeped me the hell out, because now the sky was FULL of red lights, and when you think about it, a sky literally filled with planes is not a pretty sky. I did this twice, both times the massive amount of lights frightened me.

The next two attemps were with seagulls for some reason. Or they might have been planes too. They flew around randomly in my minds image of the sky. Once again, I increased their number. They started spiraling upward in great numbers. I woke up again from the effort spent on it, though.

My final attempt got me into a building similar to my school, but somewhat larger. The layout was mostly the same. I tried to walk, but couldn't 'find' my dream legs. I couldn't feel them, I guess I wasn't lucid enough, and any attempt to move would probably have resulted in me moving my real legs. I made a note how this could be a signal that I were dreaming, and then tried to give my senses a little boost. I just woke up again.

I'd say this night was fairly productive, considering I haven't had any DILD's since loadsa months ago.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”