I'm confused... Lucid dream or not?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
SnorlaxDreamer

I'm confused... Lucid dream or not?

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jul 2013 12:01

It started out like a normal dream this night. In this dream, I put myself to bed with the mindset that I would become lucid. I wished for hurricane weather as I woke up. Now here comes the thing that confused me.

I'm dreaming that I am falling asleep and becoming lucid. When I had put myself to rest, the weird hypnagogic feelings rush over me, and when I opened my eyes the dreamscape (which was my living room) was sharp and vivid. I walked over to the window, calm and tranquil and looked to a massive storm outside the window. I wanted to try to manipulate the weather, so in the dream I said: "I demand sun!" a few times, but eventually only a few sunbeams mixed itself through the storm. Afterwards, I had the rather odd idea of making the world even more vivid, by shouting: "Clarity now!" and it for an instant became blurred, but returned to sharp once more. Then, I fell out of the dream.

I'm rather confused. The dream within a lucid dream felt like I was lucid. The details were sharp, and the dreamscape was vivid - yet, I feel like I was all dreaming about a lucid dream.

Any help with figuring out would be appreciated. Do you think I were lucid dreaming, or was it just a dream about me lucid dreaming? Thanks in advance!
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

rami elhaibe

Re: I'm confused... Lucid dream or not?

Postby rami elhaibe » 19 Jul 2013 15:18

Yeah I think it's dreaming about a lucid dream

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jul 2013 15:21

But how does that work? I mean the dreamscape was rather vivid.

rami elhaibe

Postby rami elhaibe » 19 Jul 2013 16:25

SnorlaxDreamer wrote:But how does that work? I mean the dreamscape was rather vivid.

Yes but I'm not an expert I just think it is so you can't take my word for it :P

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

fistania

Postby fistania » 19 Jul 2013 18:25

i think it can be both… did you control the dream by your own conscious will? if yes, i think you're having a lucid dream, but didn't realized that when you "went to sleep" it was also a dream.

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jul 2013 18:29

fistania wrote:i think it can be both… did you control the dream by your own conscious will? if yes, i think you're having a lucid dream, but didn't realized that when you "went to sleep" it was also a dream.

In some ways I did. The dreamscape were very clear, and the dream responded to my commands (not in the way I wanted them to, but they did respond when I demanded). To me, I believe it was a lucid dream. I just wasn't coincious enough, and did not stabilize the dream enough.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Jul 2013 01:40

There can be such a fine line between lucid and non-lucid. It also sounds a little like a false awakening too. All those get blurred sometimes.

I think you were semi-lucid or almost lucid. All your actions seem to come from a subconscious, pre-rehearsed plan. If you realized, 'hey wait a minute, I can do what I want' and then make decisions from there it would be a higher level of lucidity.

Just my thought. I get dreams like that too, where I am half-way, and that's how I rationalize it to myself too! But I never consider it a failed lucid dream, but a fun experience that comes with the territory and worth remembering!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”