Me and myself (at age 5)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

Me and myself (at age 5)

Postby HAGART » 31 Jul 2013 17:25

This was a very short dream in the early hours of the morning. It was about 30 seconds at most.

I was with a child and holding his hand as I walked around a dream-house. (That's how it started and I wasn't 100% lucid, but maybe 50% if you know what I mean.) The kid could walk through the walls, but I couldn't. I let go of his hand and felt the wall and tried to press my face into it to pop out the other side. I wanted to scare the people in the house, by suddenly popping out the wall on the other side like a ghost. But I just couldn't get through! The kid was an expert! Then I looked at him and realized, he was me. He looked like me when I was aged 5. He smiled with pure, innocent joy and walked away and it faded and I woke up.

Perhaps it is my adult logic that is my mental block that kept me from walking through the wall. To be a master of your lucid dream world we need to think like children. I think that's what I learned from this short, but sweet lucid dream.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink

Re: Me and myself (at age 5)

Postby LucidLink » 31 Jul 2013 18:14

Interesting dream, and I believe your right!

Jesus said "Be child-like not childish"

And I think we need to have this child mentality in life as well, it goes beyond dreaming!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Jul 2013 18:57

Rational adult mind, with responsibility, yet retaining a childish wonder and innocence.
I think you and Jesus are right. That is the key to being a better person and all you can be.
I'm actually atheist yet isn't the idea of Jesus the ultimate role model that we should all strive to be like?
This world would be a better place if we all did that. And happiness and joy and love and all those great things would follow suit.

Remember when you were a child? Did you ever hate anybody for their beliefs or race? Not me then and not now. (Well I admit I sometimes fall into the common 'idea-hole' of stereotypes (which some people can't climb out of, and it doesn't have to be race or religion, but even age, gender and sexuality), but when asleep I am innocent with my purest thoughts and see the big picture of humanity) So you are right. It goes beyond simple lucid dream control and is a mindset we should all have when awake too!

Maybe I went off topic, but hey, it was mine to begin with, so Hallelujah! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

tea

Postby tea » 11 Aug 2013 15:01

HAGART wrote:I'm actually atheist yet isn't the idea of Jesus the ultimate role model that we should all strive to be like?

that's one of the greatest things i've heard in a while!
it always makes me sad when someone (atheist or people with faith, doesn't matter) refuses the other side blindly without realizing how enlightening other perspectives can be. ok, this really IS getting off topic here but i just wanted to get that out. thanks for being, HAGART :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”