Bears and Lions behind the bar

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
taniaaust1

Bears and Lions behind the bar

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Aug 2013 00:50

I thought I'd share my this mornings WILD as I dont always end up straight into a full scene but rather often have to get myself and all my senses into one in whatever way I can. I do that in various ways depending on how the WILD is starting out. This mornings started out with a little patch of colour.

After waking in the morning, I started the LD off by yogic breathing with HAM SAH and SO HAM but after nothing happened after 30-50mins of that thou relaxed plenty body wise, so decided I may of been trying to hard, decided then to let go and just allow myself to drift back to sleep, to trigger one, which it did, I became aware of the LD starting as soon as I went to sleep.

A LD is coming in, but all I can see at first is a very small patch of colour about an inch in size while the rest of my sight is pitch black. I try to figure out what Im looking at hoping my LD sight will kick in properly soon, it appears to be a section of yellow wallpaper with flowers on it (it may of been roses). I dont recognise this wallpaper from anywhere in real life.

Studying the small patch of wallpaper hasnt brought in my LD sight more like I'd hoped it would do so I start thinking about how to bring my sight more into this LD, I need to make this image bigger or extend the LD scene image. I try imagining backing up (I cant feel my LD body yet so just think of myself doing it.. all I have is this patch of colour) and imaging the patch I can see getting bigger with me as I move back, issue is thou is it doesnt do that but rather as I backed up, it just ended up just looking smaller with even more blackness in my sight as I was a further distance away, now I just have a 1cm patch of colour and the rest blackness.

I wonder if Im going to get this LD happening, I decide to then try to imagine stretching the patch of wallpaper? out and at the same time try to bring myself into it. This works and suddenly Im in a pub, that wallpaper is on its wall. Im in the bar section of the pub actually laying on top of the polished bar. I now have all my normal senses in the dream.

Instead getting up off the bar, seeing this is a dream, I get this idea about due to its surface, of sliding along the bar, its free of drinks. I will myself to just slide, and I do. This bar top goes right around the whole bar, so Im able to slide all the way around the room taking in what is there, ending up back where I started from. I slide fast, using the bar as some kind of ride at a sideshow or like a slipperly dip, its fun as Im in control. Just to check out my ability to control my movement in this way, I then will myself to slide backwards and I do.

Thou the pub is all normal on the outside area of the bar, the inside area of the bar isnt, I see a large brown bear first and then other wild animals there. Ive had enough fun with "bar sliding" by now so get down off the bar to where the wild animals are in a natural scene there.

Im enjoying being with the wild animals so closely but then a lion starts walking towards me. I hold a bar chair out in front of me, scared for a moment the lion is going to attack me and move away from it (I may of got out of the wild scene and back to the bar for a moment as I didnt want this LD to turn into a nightmare of some kind). After I think for a moment thou, rationizing my situation and that this is a dream, I decide why dont I do one of the things which is on my LD challenge list, that being "Ride a Lion". So I go back to where I was before but the lions and other animals are now gone. I look for them for a minute but cant find them so give up on that idea.

**I start to loose my LD at this point and are feeling my body in bed but keep trying to stay in it a bit but from here my memory of my LD is very vague**

Im now somewhere (not sure if I was back at the bar or what) but there are many people about. I think about my David experiement and start trying to find him. I feel my body on the bed*, I have mucus in my throat, I put my fingers in my mouth and pull the thick mucus out (This part was like a false awakening, I thought I was doing that to my real body, my thoughts werent completely rational). Im still amongst the people and decide to yell out for David so I do
. Doing that thou woke me up.

I should of known better then to yell seeing my LD was unstable (yelling if unstable always makes me loose a LD).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

tea

Re: Bears and Lions behind the bar

Postby tea » 22 Aug 2013 19:08

yet another nice description of a WILD :)

yeah, for me too, yelling usually isn't a good idea when the dream isn't stable. in my case i think it has something to do with the thought that i could yell with my real body at the same time. and of course, thinking about my real body lying in bed, tends to wake me up..
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Aug 2013 20:51

I see some similarities with my experiences. The images can start small, and 2D and then, you somehow make them bigger and 'jump in'. Then you are immersed in a 3D lucid environment. When it works, it seems so easy, and yet eludes me other days.

And one time the 2D image I saw became a picture on the wall in the 3D LD, like your wallpaper.

And sometimes you can scoot around from a sitting, or laying position with no need to walk.

Sounds like the worst bar ever though. NO DRINKS! And they let wildlife in?! No sales, and food inspectors would be outraged! Bad business model! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Aug 2013 13:34

HAGART wrote:I see some similarities with my experiences. The images can start small, and 2D and then, you somehow make them bigger and 'jump in'. Then you are immersed in a 3D lucid environment. When it works, it seems so easy, and yet eludes me other days.

Yeah, it can elude me some days too, Ive recently thou realised that for me the time of the month is playing a big role in how easy or how difficult it is for me to LD. The week leading up to the full moon its easy, right after the full moon, its a lot more difficult for me not just for a WILD but I can stop having spontanous LDs too.

Sounds like the worst bar ever though. NO DRINKS! And they let wildlife in?! No sales, and food inspectors would be outraged! Bad business model! :lol:

haha food inspectors.. and well I dont drink alcohol so didnt miss the no drinks at the bar. :D (yeah otherwise that could of been a frustrating for some).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 28 Aug 2013 02:02

HAGART wrote:Sounds like the worst bar ever though. NO DRINKS! And they let wildlife in?! No sales, and food inspectors would be outraged! Bad business model! :lol:

Haha. Well done taniaaust1! :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”