Lucid Dreams Aren’t All What They’re Cracked up To Be

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Re: Lucid Dreams Aren’t All What They’re Cracked up To Be

Postby Cris_MO » 27 Aug 2013 05:33

Thank you for all your replies. I want to tell you what happened last night.

I went to bed and while lying there with eyes closed, I repeated over and over in my mind the following mantra, if I can call it that: "This is a dream. I am dreaming."

Nothing happened that I can call lucid, but something DID happen.

Everywhere I went, I was naked. Now you think that would be a red flag, dream or otherwise. However, I don't buy into all the psychobabble most dream "interpreters" go into to when people are naked in their dreams.

The unusual thing is that I kept going back and forth between being naked and being dressed. I remember one time putting on some old clothes when I was naked. I wound up in someone's house with several people while I was completely naked. I remember commenting to the effect that "I was dressed when I came from the office. I don't know what happened." Actually, I don't actually remember being in an office, but there it is. I then went and lay down on a couch and looked down and saw that I was completely dressed.

It's like my mantra was giving me all the signs I needed to know that I was dreaming, but they fly by my dream body like so many bubbles in the wind.

I don't know if there's something in me that is fighting against having LDs or not, but when I wake up I feel like a complete idiot, what with all the signs of dreaming that went by me. If there is something keeping me from having LDs, I wouldn't know how to find it and fix it, as I'm so far unable to get sufficiently relaxed to get into an alpha or theta state where making these kinds of changes are possible.

So, anyway, I just thought that was interesting. I'm going to continue with my mantra and see what happens. It's kind of fun bouncing these things off you. Thanks.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”