First Lucid

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Knife

First Lucid

Postby Knife » 25 Aug 2013 15:32

Okay it's not really my first lucid dream but it's the first since I learned about it and joined this forum.

I had a dream I was in a big house, later it grew to a little castle, and I was with friends I met on vacation there. I got mad because of something ( I don't remember what) and went downstairs ( it was a very long staircase because yea..castles) and then I became lucid due being aware of the castle. I went down a little bit more but then I decided to go talk to the others and went upstairs. Unfortunatly I felt my dream slip away. I rubbed my hands and it worked for like a minute, while I was still on my way, but then I woke up :(

Anyway, I love lucid dreams ;)
Inherit the earth

rami elhaibe

Re: First Lucid

Postby rami elhaibe » 25 Aug 2013 22:00

Did you know it was a dream? If it was then tell us how you became lucid. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 25 Aug 2013 23:00

rami elhaibe wrote:Did you know it was a dream? If it was then tell us how you became lucid. :)

Knife wrote:and then I became lucid due being aware of the castle.

i think what happened is that lucidity (knowing that it's a dream) kicked in sort of as a surprise. this often happens: it's not that something is off and therefore you realize that it must be a dream, but rather that suddenly it goes 'click' and there you go - lucid.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Knife

Postby Knife » 27 Aug 2013 18:38

rami elhaibe wrote:Did you know it was a dream? If it was then tell us how you became lucid. :)

tea wrote:i think what happened is that lucidity (knowing that it's a dream) kicked in sort of as a surprise. this often happens: it's not that something is off and therefore you realize that it must be a dream, but rather that suddenly it goes 'click' and there you go - lucid.

No I think I was dreaming and I really realized it was a dream. Next time I'll write these details in my dream journal too :) But my rare lucid dreams before I discovered lucid dreaming were like you said, 'click, and there you go'
Inherit the earth

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 02 Sep 2013 18:47

It's so easy to slip out of lucidity, what usually works for me is to stay very calm. I think that when the mind is relaxed, your subconscious world is clearer :)

Good luck with your next lucid adventures! :D
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

Knife

Postby Knife » 03 Sep 2013 17:21

Lisecila wrote:It's so easy to slip out of lucidity, what usually works for me is to stay very calm. I think that when the mind is relaxed, your subconscious world is clearer :)

Good luck with your next lucid adventures! :D

Thanks altough I didn't have other adventures yet. School began again and it's not easy to do reality checks and such without being stared at :lol:

And how do you stay very calm exactly? Because I think if I go think to stay calm I probably won't stay calm. The things I try to not think about will always invade my brain when I try not to think about them.
Inherit the earth

ChilliChicken

Postby ChilliChicken » 03 Oct 2013 06:58

My first lucid dream happened 3 days after I discovered the art of Lucid dreaming. Although the Lucid dream was brief it was an eye opener and a cause of motivation. I was in a regular dream, in this dream I was in school I was running across the rooftops running away from a threatening teacher. As I was running across the rooftops I jumped of the roof and 'flew' down towards the ground but as I was just about to hit the ground I suddenly thought "am I dreaming?" I stopped and hovered of the ground. I flew around close to the ground for a while until i decided to land on the brick floor and continue walking. I then asked aloud in my Lucid dream "show me something funny" I'm not sure why but I found it very difficult to speak and I struggled to say these words. Then right before my eyes I saw myself flying through a place with colors blinking and flashing before me. As this scene was happening I felt a pain in my throat. After this scene I arrived at a normal location like a news desk and my once Lucid dream turned into a regular dream. :D

Number Six

Postby Number Six » 03 Oct 2013 09:49

Knife wrote:
And how do you stay very calm exactly? Because I think if I go think to stay calm I probably won't stay calm. The things I try to not think about will always invade my brain when I try not to think about them.

Trying not to do something is quite impossible. You either do it or you don't. If you try not to think about bananas for example, your brain can't tell the difference: all it computes is that you're thinking about bananas. It's just a tool - it's like typing "no banana" into Google - you'll get a billion pages of bananas appear on screen, because that's how the search engine is designed.

Focus on something else, like the tactile sensations of the dream, or your breath, or sounds. Basically keep your awareness on something that won't overstimulate your emotions until you feel like doing otherwise, imo.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”