10-15 minute long lucid dream, no joke.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Goldkoron

10-15 minute long lucid dream, no joke.

Postby Goldkoron » 28 Aug 2013 15:48

Okay, so I became lucid into some dream instantly last night, after falling asleep via WILD at 11:00 PM. The dream was extremely vivid with details and I somehow already knew I was dreaming. I knew once I was lucid that this would not last long, and that I better get to work, (since most of my lucid dreams are extremely short), but I realized quickly this dream was different. The dream was vivid enough for me to recognize color and textures and everything, and I found that if I just focused on objects or touched them, I could keep myself in the dream whenever I felt like I was beginning to wake up. I remember the entire dream, but there is too much to recall everything here, but as long as I kept focusing on objects, etc, I would never wake up. Most of the focus I did in that lucid dream was just exploring and checking out the interesting dreamscape my mind created whilst keeping myself in the dream, for example, there was a section of my living room in the dream with one of my living room paintings in it. I intentionally studied the painting, looking for any flaws compared to the real one, and I swear, the painting looked completely real, as if it were the same one that is in my living room. I also did do some practice with flying. There were times when the fading feeling of waking up got so bad that everything blacked out, and I struggled to keep myself in the dream by grabbing some nearby object in the dream, and it worked. The lucid dream was so long that I do not think I remember the end of it, I just gradually lost lucidity and entered a new dream.
Do a reality check

Son Of Somnus

Re: 10-15 minute long lucid dream, no joke.

Postby Son Of Somnus » 29 Aug 2013 09:16

Nice work, the longest lucid dream I've ever had couldn't have been any longer than 10 minutes, and that was years ago :(
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 29 Aug 2013 22:11

Cool. Next time I become lucid I'll try out your strategy of focusing on the dreamscape and grabbing objects to stay in the dream.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Aug 2013 06:38

Congrats on getting the hang of things more. :)

knew once I was lucid that this would not last long, and that I better get to work, (since most of my lucid dreams are extremely short), but I realized quickly this dream was different.

You are so lucky your expectations of what the dream would be like didnt screw it up for you. You should go into each LD with new eyes otherwise expectations and habits are formed and LDs so often will comply to those forming "blocks" for the person. The only thing which should make someone think that a dream may not last long is the actual feeling of the dream starting to fade out or of waking up. (Its 2#a myth that begginers have short dreams .. as some do have long ones,.. If you expect to have short dreams it is more likely that you will).

I found that if I just focused on objects or touched them, I could keep myself in the dream whenever I felt like I was beginning to wake up.

yes, that is how it should be, interacting with the dream and keeping focus on it will help one stay in. That's where ones focus should be (not on "Im going to wake up) have it on "Im going to stay in this dream" and doing whatever you need to do to stay as long as you want. These things can be controlled quite a bit, people often just need some practice at it.

There were times when the fading feeling of waking up got so bad that everything blacked out, and I struggled to keep myself in the dream by grabbing some nearby object in the dream, and it worked.

That is a very important technique to stay in dreams and this same technique can be used to pick up a lost dream or to WILD and to pull oneself into a near non existant dream as long as you have something from a dream coming in even if you cant at all see. As long as you can "feel" you are somewhere else or feel something around you, its often quite possible to grab an object or something in the LD place to feel and then work to stabilise in that reality by observing in anyway you can whatever is around. (Ive even used a DCs baby one time to do that with).

Next time you loose a short LD I suggest to try to get straight back into it (make sure you stay relaxed to do that). You can teach yourself how to reenter dreams and a dream which has just been lost, gives better chance of LD entry.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”