Using my LD's to LEARN FIGHTING TECHNIQUES

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
VingTsun

Using my LD's to LEARN FIGHTING TECHNIQUES

Postby VingTsun » 23 Sep 2013 01:55

This is my first story, i have many more to come

I have been partially successfully lucid dreaming for a few years now, they never seem to last more then 2 minutes. In most of my Ld's i realize i'm dreaming in the highchool i graduated from a few years ago always in the same class room. In about half of these dreams I'm having an argument with an old classmate (always one of four different people) that usually ends up in combat. Here is the incredible thing, During the last fight i did something i had never done before in real life, not a crazy flipping ninja technique that would be impossible in real life, but a very practical move from laying on my back that gives me one more option when fighting in real life. If i could stabilize these lucid dreams for longer i believe we can teach ourselves things that would actually me MORE difficult to learn in real life, like fighting with weapons. In another dream i had i was fighting with a large Mace (spiky ball attached to chain hanging from stick) and i was fighting a class mate who had a sword. The mace was very heavy as anyone would expect and i realized i would have a great speed disadvantage so i stretched my arm out to its full length and lifted the mace above my head planning to use the weight to drop down and deflect and attacks my classmate could make. The technique worked and may even save my life if i'm ever in a mace fight :P .
I believe understanding of lucid dreaming can allow you to better yourself in a million ways while you are awake. Thanks for reading

-VingTsun
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

Number Six

Re: Using my LD's to LEARN FIGHTING TECHNIQUES

Postby Number Six » 03 Oct 2013 11:04

It's one of the reasons I'm teaching myself this stuff. Why waste 8 hours a day when you can make practical use of them? They say Einstein came up with some of his best ideas while asleep, and that Tesla could barely tell the difference between waking and dreaming because he was so highly conscious.

I imagine creating a sparring partner could be useful, especially if you have a problem getting hit in the face etc, but the practical application for dreams seems infinite - it's a matter of maintaining awareness of that infinite space is the problem.

The dream yogis of Tibet also state that a minute's meditation in the dream world is equivalent to several days in the waking world, maybe because it is such an intensely conscious act that it hyper focuses ones' awareness beyond anything they'd be capable of at that time with their physical body. Perhaps the same is true for martial combat - muscle memory may be considerably more efficient, for example.

Clair

Postby Clair » 19 Oct 2013 03:42

I had a dream a few months ago that I was in a knife fight and it was the coolest thing ever! I was up against 3 or 4 dudes and I knew exactly which moves they were going to make before they made them. I was able to take out the first 2. There was some distance between me and the 3rd guy and I knew he was going to throw his knife at me and that I would simply deflect it with mine. It was awesome. Almost easy.

I had another similar combat dream where I was being attacked by a man. I wasn't even scared. He seemed so slow and even though I didn't feel very strong in my dream, I overtook him and he met his demise. It gives me confidence that if I'm ever in that situation in real life, I'd be able to do it again.

I would think that if you can do certain moves in the safety of your dreams, you'd be more confident in your actual ability to do it.

VingTsun

Postby VingTsun » 03 Dec 2013 03:23

Exactly and if you could control your dreams you could be confident in everything
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

RustyMinecart

Postby RustyMinecart » 17 Dec 2013 23:23

I take karate and next lucid dream I get, I am going to practice sparring with a DC. I wonder if you practiced fighting in a lucid dream all the time, if you would get significantly better. It is defiantly interesting to think about!
You Create Your Own Reality

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”