Dream of Lucid dreaming or Lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mondmadlin

Dream of Lucid dreaming or Lucid dream?

Postby mondmadlin » 31 Oct 2013 21:36

Helloooo,

I start of saying that after i had my first lucid dream after my first try, I didn´t have any for two days, didn´t even remind a normal dream, then i realized that i should stop doing reality checks and everything I can do the whole time, and let it go a bit slower, also I often have trouble sleeping because I mostly aren´t tired at all (besides I still have to wake up early) and BAM, I found myself in a dream, to be exact in the game minecraft, a dark tunnel underground only lightened by a torch on the wall, I was halfly conscious and wanted to do a reality check, I tried to make my hands touch but because I was a minecraft figure I couldn´t reach my other hand so I tried to find another solution, I looked up and just above me there was some kind of pixel-orb flying above me :? I minecraft-style destroyed it but nothing happened, suddenly my view zoomed out and I noticed that I was sitting in front of a computer, I more and more lost my sense for reality and somehow found out it was a "lucid-computer" it could read my thoughts and repeat it out loud, so I thought and was amazed when it repeated it.... then the dream scene changed and became a normal dream again just before I woke up.

Now my questino is if that was a dream about lucid dreaming or a lucid dream in wich lucid dreamign was involved?

tea

Re: Dream of Lucid dreaming or Lucid dream?

Postby tea » 31 Oct 2013 22:20

well.. only you can answer that. did you know you were dreaming or not? you said you were half conscious, which can also be, yes. semli-lucid would be another term for that...

it never went 'click' "-that's a dream!", right?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Re: Dream of Lucid dreaming or Lucid dream?

Postby HAGART » 31 Oct 2013 23:51

I hear a lot of people here bring up Minecraft. I know what it is, but never played.
I'm old school though. A lot of my early lucid dreams and occasionally now are like the game, DOOM. (any fans? You have to be my age and grew up in the 90's I guess).

But video games influence dreams I know that for sure. There is something called the Tetris Effect. Do something repeatedly during the day and your going to dream about it. If it's a 3D game it makes it easier to be lucid because it's a first person game. First person shooter games, like DOOM, influenced my dreams and I hear it time and time again. Minecraft is different I know, but it's still 1st person POV though isn't it?

I've heard others bring up Slenderman and other games I don't know, but they all have one thing in common don't they? They are all 1st person POV.

I think there is a way to use these games to become lucid at night if you do reality checks, at least in you mind, while you are playing them. These games might actually be lucid dream tools in disguise!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”