First Lucid Dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
btharpedo

First Lucid Dream?

Postby btharpedo » 07 Nov 2013 14:34

So I first learned about lucid dreaming maybe a month and a half ago. When I first learned about it I was trying to lucid dream every night with multiple techniques, I had a dream journal, did reality checks in the day, etc. After a while, after no success, I decided to take a break because I was losing a lot of sleep.
Time went on and I kind of thought lucid dreaming might of been a hoax so I never went back to it. But then last night, something strange happened. I found myself in control of my dream, I controlled my body in the dream the same way as I would in real life. I never really had a realization that I was dreaming but I was in control. I took three attempts at flying but I feel back to the ground at semi-realistic speed. I found myself asking how long this would last because I seemed to know it would end. I felt conscious but not entirely. After a bit I decided I would try to change the scenery, which I did and it was pretty awesome to see the world change before my eyes, but it lasted for maybe two seconds. Then I woke up in the dream at which point I lost control. So I found myself awaking from a dream inside a dream. When I woke up into the next dream, I was in a world full of zombies and the dream got brutal pretty fast. But that short span of time when I had control was awesome but I'm not sure it was lucid dreaming.

LucidLink

Re: First Lucid Dream?

Postby LucidLink » 07 Nov 2013 14:48

Well first off, lucid dreaming is no hoax. It's been scientifically proven, as well as I experience it myself every night.

Also, its possible to try techniques without losing sleep, it sounds like you where trying everything too hard instead of one technique slowly and well.

It's like the difference between Ready....Aim.......Fire!

And what you did which was Ready......Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!

Now on to your question, dream control has nothing to do with lucidity. It is possible to have complete control in a non lucid dream, as well as zero control in a lucid dream.

That being said, if you weren't aware you where dreaming, it proably wasn't a lucid dream.

But it could of been a pre-lucid dream that you where very close to realizing it was a dream.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

btharpedo

Postby btharpedo » 07 Nov 2013 18:46

Thanks for the reply. I'm over the hoax idea, I think that mindset was a product of self doubt.

Any way, is it possible to be partially lucid? I feel like I realized that I wasn't within the realm of reality. I attempted to fly which is something I wouldn't do in waking life. Either way, if this was dream control, might it be a step in the right direction?

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 07 Nov 2013 19:22

It is possible to be "partially lucid", and either way it is defienatly a step in the right track:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”