Prophetic Lucid Dream, perhaps, kind of? What do you think?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TillyPink

Re: Prophetic Lucid Dream, perhaps, kind of? What do you thi

Postby TillyPink » 22 Nov 2013 22:57

I remember Brian Cox talking about the Aurora, to paraphrase him: 'I could explain that the northern lights are caused by gaseous particles in the earth's atmosphere combined with charged particles from the sun's atmosphere....but in ancient folk-law indigenous peoples believed they were spirits (then he did one of those all knowing 'I've sussed the whole universe out' looks he does, and carried on.. ;) ) and Yes, (looks straight into the camera) as I stand here watching this amazing sight, I see spirits.' :D Totally paraphrased but somewhere along those lines!

I think he hit a POV that's relevant to the human experience at large...that we are creative beings and to be filled with a sense of spirit is as relevant to the human condition as it is to verify, measure and build theories and find facts. 30 odd years ago we would have been deemed fantastical for talking about Lucid Dreaming and yet we know now it's a real phenomenon and one that needs more research. But the desire of the journey comes from the creative and spiritual need that is part of our biochemical makeup. So i always sit on a very high fence! And i agree, Frank Keppler (sp?) sounds like he got carried away with his own ego, and perhaps more. What pisses me off about so much esoteric stuff is that many try to explain it away with 'science' (sudo!) then get pissed off when one asks for facts. And the science establishment gets pissed off when esoteric material tries to fill in the gaps of some of the unexplained phenonema.

So yeh, i think you met Frankie boys spirit too, it's just my version of 'spirit' is perhaps different from those who kicked you off the forum and are not open minded enough to look at all the possibilities (so in this way they are as shut down as the scientific establishment!!) The two somehow need to come together so we can explore without fear!! Like you say...we are adventurers here!!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 03:44

Summerlander wrote:LoL! Yeah, Megadeth rules!

In my Astral Viewer days we used to attempt to meet with members of Astral Pulse in Astral Pulse Island. All we had to do was look at a picture of an island with a pyramid in the middle and try to have a collective experience there.

Nobody ever met!

I disagree that nobody ever met on astral pulse island. Thou I wasnt an involved member of that site, during a deep meditation while trying to AP to the island. I ended up there and met a male (in the pyramid, there were others in the pyramid too but I didnt talk with them) and two of us talked. He tried to help me with my OBE stuff, he actually grabbed onto me when I was loosing the OBE and my astral energy was being pulled back to my physical body. By him doing that I was there a touch longer. The guy even gave me his name, I truely believe he was real.

TillyPink ..those experiences really make us think dont they. Ive had prophetic dreams before on rare occassions (mostly disaster stuff in my country), some actually even named the place the events were going to happen..places Id never heard of before the dreams (the events then happened several days later). Most of those dreams felt different to my normal dreams so stood out (making me very worried the situation was about to occur and leaving me with a "bad feel").

Ive recently had a prophetic warning dream? about my dad. I'll post it at the board to share.
edit.. here it is http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14062&p=35708#p35708
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 Nov 2013 11:22

Anyway to verify that, tania? What was his name? I might know him. I was a member there and nobody ever reported any success. (At least during my time there and to my knowledge.)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 12:40

Summerlander wrote:Anyway to verify that, tania? What was his name? I might know him. I was a member there and nobody ever reported any success. (At least during my time there and to my knowledge.)

I'd give you the name but unfortunately not right now or maybe not at all anymore. It happened so long ago Ive forgotten the name and unless I found original notes (my daughter to my horror threw some of my stuff away (journal stuff of my psi experiences and drawings Id done of beings Id seen, past life stuff etc) when she was living in my house for a while while I was livng somewhere else, so I dont know if I have it anymore or not). At the house Im in currently, moved here this year.. lots of my things arent even unpacked yet and still in boxes so I dont know if that info was in stuff she threw out or not.

I did start a thread on the astral pulse site about it way back in the past but dont know if the person ever replied or not (I was busy with many things at that time). If you want to look at the site for my post, I probably went by the nic I have now.. or seamist, sea-mist or Sea-Dove. As many of my astral experiences have been proven real and this one felt no different, I truely do think it was real.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Dec 2013 02:31

Sea-mist sounds familiar...
Btw, I don't doubt that you think it's real. I just have my doubts about the phenomenon itself. Despite my personal experience. Even if I saw a ghost in my waking state I would question my sanity before considering a preternatural possibility.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 00:25

Summerlander wrote:Sea-mist sounds familiar...
Btw, I don't doubt that you think it's real. I just have my doubts about the phenomenon itself. Despite my personal experience. Even if I saw a ghost in my waking state I would question my sanity before considering a preternatural possibility.

What is real is a tricky thing. If you ever see a ghost I hope you have others with you who see it too but then it could be put down to the possibility of a group halluncination otherwise known as hysteria :) .

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Dec 2013 13:00

It would still be a remarkable experience whatever its nature. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”