Long Hour of Terror

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Goldkoron

Re: Long Hour of Terror

Postby Goldkoron » 23 Nov 2013 22:32

HAGART wrote:I think I have multiple personalities.
It only happens in dreams, so it's not a disorder. I think we all do, but few people would admit it or experience it. We're not crazy and I think it's perfectly normal.

How else can I explain the sentient, self aware dream character's I've met? Does my subconscious have a self awareness all it's own?

I need to continue that short story I was writing about this guy who has a second conscious that he talks to in his dreams.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 03:17

CPBlackopsMW3 wrote:If you get scared in from something in either in a lucid dream or an astral experience, get angry at it and punch it and imagine it dying. This can also help you conquer your fears of the evil entities in the Astral Realm (if that is one of your fears), or the evil entities in a lucid dream. You could've been in a nightmare. To escape a lucid dream nightmare, look down, close your eyes and spin around. Imagine a different place, then open your eyes. You should be out of the nightmare and into a positive lucid dream.

Unfortunately that is unlikely to work if someone is scared, the fear will usually follow and the subconciousness keeps creating around it. They will be quite likely to find themselves in another scary place. The best way to stop this kind of thing is to actually face what one is fearing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 03:27

Goldkoron wrote: It was a huge series of False Awakenings, and every time I had one of these false awakenings, it was like real life. I was getting up for school, and I could go anywhere, I truly thought I was awake and would prepare for school.

oh I hate that. I once got stuck in false awakening after false awakening (it happened so many times in a row)... each time I thought I was awake and I couldnt tell I wasnt. I went about my daily stuff only the to end up finding out I was asleep still but then only wake up in yet another false awakening. I did my dishes and housework over and over.. so many times, not pleasant :lol: . I thought I was never going to get out of it (it was like ground hogs day) and when I finally did wake up for real.. it took me hours after being fooled so many times, to truely believe that I was actually finally awake.

I can not imagine just how scary it would be if there was a scary thing manifesting in this too!! (I guess thou in my case it probably would of helped as then I would of known I was not awake like I thought).

I tried to control the dream with lucidity, but failed. And another person with white eyes caught me. Later on in the dream, I was 100% lucid, knew I was dreaming, but could not escape. I was with 10 friend on our school stage, any one of them could be the threat, I told them that nobody is to go within 8 feet of me, and not to stare too long. They all abided for a short time, but eventually one of my friends turned on me.

If this was how you were trying to stop the situation with lucidity, you were going about it completely wrong. Acting in a fearful way during a LD will help keep the scary stuff in it eg by telling your DC friends to all stay away as you were worried this was going to happen again..was just adding energy to your fear one could say. What you need to do in such a LD situation is actually face the fear, confront the ones with the scary white eyes (be it by manifesting a pistol to shoot them or whatever).. or try to make friends with those. Try to ignore your fear and face them in some way. By doing so.. that is how these kinds of things end up stopping. You then could of had a great LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”