A battle with lucidity and the surprising DC

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Vonozar

A battle with lucidity and the surprising DC

Postby Vonozar » 30 Nov 2013 22:24

I'm at my grandma's house in what is a mix between the office and a king's royal chamber. I'm lucid. I go look at a wooden box on a shelf. It reads something like "With wisdom comes light". I turn away, then turn back and read it again. Now it has a painting of the king holding a giant ice cream cone, and under it the words "I ask the king for some ice cream." I laugh and go tell the king his box wants some ice cream. He gets annoyed and starts complaining about how the box always wants something from him. I leave and walk into the bathroom, trying to get a higher level of lucidity. I begin focusing on the walls. They are glass now and have blue splotches on them with tons of condensation. It's not working so I leave and head towards the family room. I look at my hands and see a few more fingers than normal, but each finger has some balls on them, and each of those balls have at least two smaller silver balls on them. I hold my hand out away from me, and the silver balls elongate in sync with my movement. I find this cool and play with that for a bit. There's a DC in the family room, and I randomly decide to try and shoot the silver balls out of my fingers at her. It doesn't work very well. I turn away and assess the dream. It had been going on for a while now. Not too long, but still a good while. I felt pretty stable in the dream, but I just couldn't seem to reach a higher level of lucidity. I turn around and see a guy probably in his mid 20's with yellow-blonde hair near me. "Hey, can you help me?" We start walking to the garage. "Depends what you need help with." He opens the door and I follow him out. "I can't seem to get to a higher level of lucidity. How can I get there? can you help with that?" He nods. "Yeah, I can help ya with that." He opens the patio door and we both step into this large outdoor general store covered by a tall wooden roof. "I think it's all about how well you understand that this is a dream. Try to push the boundaries a bit, see what happens. I'm Isaiah by the way." I follow him a couple isles into the store. "Alright, do you know that you're dreaming without any doubt?" I plug my nose and feel the air rush in. Then I look at my hand again. This time it looks normal. "Yeah, I'm dreaming. But I hate it when my hand looks normal. Always throws me off..."I mutter. "Hey, keep focused. This is still a dream, remember that." He looks around. "I'll be right back. Stand right in the middle of the isle." I notice now that he has an Australian accent. How did I miss that earlier? A couple seconds later he reappears running at me with a shopping cart."What do you do?!" He yells at me as he's about to hit me with it. Suddenly I know I'm supposed to make it phase through me. It hits, goes about halfway through, then suddenly I teleport about 10 feet away to a shoe rack in the corner of the store. I look around and see some DCs, but I don't see Isaiah. I call him in my mind. "I'm right here." I turn around and see him near a woman DC. He turns to her. "How's it going Clara?" She smiles at him. "Pretty good. I just can't decide which shoes to get. There are so many." I look at the shoe rack. It seems like a small selection to me. "Yeah I know. There's so much of everything here." He seemed to be getting distracted. "Uh, Isaiah?" He walks over to me. "Any way you could stop looking at new things?" he asks. I can tell he's not serious, just sort of joking. I laugh and ask why. "There's so much, you know? Everything you see I have to decide what to do with it. If you look at a shoe, now suddenly I have to decide what to do with it. Did you like that shoe? Do you want to remember it, or did you just glance at it and will never give it a second thought? What comes to mind when you think 'shoe'? What's an ugly shoe, a cute shoe, a child's shoe, a high heel? Someone has to come up with this stuff, and it's certainly not you." I just stand there and stare at him for a minute while he watches me, and then I wake up.

I'm not really all that surprised I found a helpful DC, or one that already knew I was dreaming. For some reason, that is extremely common for me. What did surprise me was the extent of his help (although they have been beyond helpful lately), and especially that part at the end. I woke up from that like :o "Woah, that was unexpected." I don't think I'm going to look at a shoe without thinking "I wonder how this is getting processed." for a while. :lol:

taniaaust1

Re: A battle with lucidity and the surprising DC

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 02:23

That was a very interesting LD.

Why did you feel that you werent lucid enough? From reading it, it appeared you were quite lucid?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 01 Dec 2013 03:11

taniaaust1 wrote:That was a very interesting LD.

Why did you feel that you werent lucid enough? From reading it, it appeared you were quite lucid?

I was pretty lucid, but the dream was still quite hazy and unrealistic. I didn't relly feel fully alert, sort of like when you're sleep deprived. You aren't as alert as you could be, and you get distracted a little easier. I guess to sum it up, I was pretty lucid but not as high as I could be. I knew that, so I tried to improve it.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 01 Dec 2013 15:24

Brilliant! Just loved reading that...loved the shopping cart moment!! :D And now i'm thinking about this idea of how we process everything we look at...yeh, there are some really good lessons there. And i Know exactly what you mean about gaining high definition lucidity. It's something i work on too.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 02 Dec 2013 05:05

TillyPink wrote:Brilliant! Just loved reading that...loved the shopping cart moment!! :D And now i'm thinking about this idea of how we process everything we look at...yeh, there are some really good lessons there.

Yeah, I'm still thinking about that too. I hope I get another one of these lessons here again soon, very intriguing.

TillyPink wrote: And i Know exactly what you mean about gaining high definition lucidity. It's something i work on too.

It can be pretty difficult, can't it? :? I've seen it as real as waking life a couple times, so I know I can do it I just can't figure out how. I've tried everything, so now I'm on to asking DC's for advice on that. Thankfully they have some pretty cool ides to try. Maybe you should try too. They can be pretty helpful when you ask. ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Dec 2013 14:45

Lol! Your fingers have balls!! :-D

Lucid dreams crack me up sometimes. I think you were pretty lucid. Sometimes it is more about making the environment sharper and hyper-realistic than anything else. If this is the case, sensory-amplification techniques will do the job.

I once had a DC guide introducing me to other DCs and I was super-lucid. When I woke up, I remembered everything perfectly and came to a profound realisation. Every character I had been introduced to displayed an aspect of myself. I wasn't being introduced to anybody but myself. It was like a virtual reality introspection. It definitely made me more self-aware...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 03 Dec 2013 02:12

Summerlander wrote:Lol! Your fingers have balls!! :-D

Lucid dreams crack me up sometimes. I think you were pretty lucid. Sometimes it is more about making the environment sharper and hyper-realistic than anything else. If this is the case, sensory-amplification techniques will do the job.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Yeah, that's mostly it. Sometimes I can be quite aware, but vividness won't increase. But I have been fully licid once, so I compare my alertness and how vivid the dream world to that. I have tried sensory amplification and continue to try and use that, but it doesn't really seem to be working. :/

[quote="Summerlander"

I once had a DC guide introducing me to other DCs and I was super-lucid. When I woke up, I remembered everything perfectly and came to a profound realisation. Every character I had been introduced to displayed an aspect of myself. I wasn't being introduced to anybody but myself. It was like a virtual reality introspection. It definitely made me more self-aware...

[ Post made via Android ] Image[/quote]

I've had a similar experience. Definitely one of those things you're not going to easily forget.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Dec 2013 01:51

Vonozar wrote: Everything you see I have to decide what to do with it. If you look at a shoe, now suddenly I have to decide what to do with it. Did you like that shoe? Do you want to remember it, or did you just glance at it and will never give it a second thought? What comes to mind when you think 'shoe'? What's an ugly shoe, a cute shoe, a child's shoe, a high heel? Someone has to come up with this stuff, and it's certainly not you."

Everything we see evokes an emotional response. We feel differently toward an old, stinky shoe, than we would a brand new, cute baby shoe. It happens quickly and subconsciously and we are not in control of it. There have been some tests where scientists read brain activity while a subject is shown images. Some are pleasant and some are horrific, and the fleeting emotional response happens immediately beyond their control. But somebody's doing it. Perhaps this dream character was a personification of your subconscious and telling you that it has to always come up with a response to everything you witness. It has to decide whether you like a shoe or not. (And that's just one shoe! We have millions of small emotional reactions to everything we experience every day!) The subconscious is busy!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 05 Dec 2013 02:24

HAGART wrote:
Everything we see evokes an emotional response. We feel differently toward an old, stinky shoe, than we would a brand new, cute baby shoe. It happens quickly and subconsciously and we are not in control of it. There have been some tests where scientists read brain activity while a subject is shown images. Some are pleasant and some are horrific, and the fleeting emotional response happens immediately beyond their control. But somebody's doing it. Perhaps this dream character was a personification of your subconscious and telling you that it has to always come up with a response to everything you witness. It has to decide whether you like a shoe or not. (And that's just one shoe! We have millions of small emotional reactions to everything we experience every day!) The subconscious is busy!

Oh I have no doubt! it's crazy when you actually take time to think about just how much your subconscious does. It processes things, it controls your instinctive emotions, houses your memories, keeps you going on auto pilot when it's impossible to focus...it creates an entire WORLD inside our heads multiple times every night! It's a truly amazing and mysterious thing... I think it's cool how he pointed out one of the behind-the-scenes functions. It's not usually one of those things you stop to think about. :roll:

Victwarovic

Postby Victwarovic » 18 Dec 2013 22:41

Really interesting LD, thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”