First Lucid Dream Plus Questions

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
RustyMinecart

First Lucid Dream Plus Questions

Postby RustyMinecart » 09 Dec 2013 19:03

After a week of trying I finally achieved my first lucid dream! This is how it went:
I had woken up in the middle of the night, when I decided to try and become lucid. I tried lots of different strategies, and then I fell asleep. I dream I am in my home. Lots of people I know are wandering about. Suddenly I realize I am in a dream. My head explodes. Strangely, I am completely calm. I rub my hands together and then I realize I can make things materialize in my hand. I try a gun. It works and I point it at my friend in the dream and say "Hey, I am lucid!". I drop the gun, and I try to summon fire on my hand. Unfortunately It does not work. Suddenly the dream becomes blurry. I spin to stabilize the dream. I try materializing lots of other stuff including an iphone. Finally, I drift into the next dream.

Some questions though. I forgot some things I was planning to do when I become lucid. How can I remember this? And also, the dream was not very clear. How can I make it more lucid?

Thanks,
Rusty
You Create Your Own Reality

Guitar48300

Re: First Lucid Dream Plus Questions

Postby Guitar48300 » 09 Dec 2013 23:34

RustyMinecart wrote:After a week of trying I finally achieved my first lucid dream! This is how it went:
I had woken up in the middle of the night, when I decided to try and become lucid. I tried lots of different strategies, and then I fell asleep. I dream I am in my home. Lots of people I know are wandering about. Suddenly I realize I am in a dream. My head explodes. Strangely, I am completely calm. I rub my hands together and then I realize I can make things materialize in my hand. I try a gun. It works and I point it at my friend in the dream and say "Hey, I am lucid!". I drop the gun, and I try to summon fire on my hand. Unfortunately It does not work. Suddenly the dream becomes blurry. I spin to stabilize the dream. I try materializing lots of other stuff including an iphone. Finally, I drift into the next dream.

Some questions though. I forgot some things I was planning to do when I become lucid. How can I remember this? And also, the dream was not very clear. How can I make it more lucid?

Thanks,
Rusty

You successfully materialized stuff?! Congrats! That's exactly what I'm trying to do in my lucid dreams. Its not really working for me yet.

I also seem to forget my lucid dream plans while in a dream. I have anidea to get me to try to remember but I'll just have to see when i become lucid again. I'm using the B-MILD technique but instead of saying a normal mantra like "I will become lucid" I'm saying my current LD plan: "I will ask the dream how to be lucid again"
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2013 03:08

Memory can fail people when it comes to dreams, lucid dreams, and waking life details. There are things, however, that you can do to boost dream recall besides the important dream journal.

Here are some tips: Stay still and keep your eyes closed upon awakening for about a minute and think about what you have just experienced while dreaming or lucid dreaming (do not think about waking life matters or the dream erasers will win); when you record your dreams, write in the present tense which will psychologically help you to reinforce the idea that you are reliving the experience (you might find that the more you write the more details come to mind and you may notice that you often remember it in reverse - like a backwards thread of dream episodes: it's okay to write, "I am talking to my deceased friend...before that, I am on my way to a train station to meet my deceased friend and I notice two moons in the sky..." - write in the order that you remember it in rough and later you can edit to propetly construct the story.); use the techniques you have been using in order to prolong the lucid dream, but don't do it for the sake of appearances - give it your all, enjoy it, and focus on the sensations you experience from movement and sensory amplification (aim to get the environment hyper-realistic and don't worry about the dream collapsing. If you begin to feel yourself lying in bed, attempt the OOBE-separation technique and re-enter the lucid dream world. (The first few seconds of perceiving a bed beneath you after an apparent undesired exit from the dream world is a false sensation - your perceived sleeping body and the bed are not real in this case, they are phantom.)

Good luck!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Dec 2013 04:59

RustyMinecart wrote:I forgot some things I was planning to do when I become lucid. How can I remember this? And also, the dream was not very clear. How can I make it more lucid?

This is what I do sometimes when I become lucid and remember to do so.

First, I state my name. I say it out loud in the dream, first and last. (This reminds me of who I am and awakens my sense of self identity).

Second, I say, "I have a body". I look down, stroke my chest with my hands, or even do some jumping jacks. (This gives me a sense of body, which helps 'lock' me in a dream and prolongs it).

Third, I say, "I have a purpose." (I don't always remember what it is right away, but it snaps me out of any dream plot there might have been. And whatever the dream goal was usually comes to me moments later).

You can do all this while walking and/or observing and don't spend too much time on each. Altogether it probably only takes 5 seconds or so. And it should help to do it again periodically during the dream if it's lasting a while to keep reminding yourself, so you don't loose lucidity and give yourself a new task to complete. (Any task you desire..... have fun!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”