Majic Journeys

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
taniaaust1

Re: Majic Journeys

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Feb 2015 09:36

Thanks for more details, yeah there more things we do alike then I was awake and I'd thought till you shared that I was the only one here who's senses had been entering dreams at different rates.

Mine normally either start with nothing as I change from waking to sleeping and dreaming. I used to as you say use the images but now find that doing nothing is a lot more effective as it will draw me in if I let it. I get more hits this way than trying to engage with the images.

Do you think thou it could be cause you are expecting them to "draw you in"? or its working without any thought and expectation?

Maybe I should try to hold that expectation and see if that can work for me next time I get an image first.. just watching HI thou doesnt work at all for me.

I just happen to get up 5 days a week very early for an hour or two WB2B is just something that I take advantage of. I also have had a lifetime of broken sleep and got some help a few years back to sort it out. I dont think I have ever slept a full night in my life.

Sounds like that is one of the reasons it doesnt bother you much. Im the grumpiest person out if I get disturbed during night or wake up early. Ive never been an early bird! (I was always in trouble at school for getting there late).

:) coffee for me is extremely stimulating, Id never be able to go back to sleep. I would probably have me wanting to pee in the dream too.

4/ I may just "feel" im in the right state to trigger off a LD and then do something to enter one eg feel Im in the right state to have an experience then just summersault and suddenly find myself in a LD

That was before I get into a dream. Sometimes when Im in a very still state, I can feel when Im about to be able to go into a LD before anything at all happens or before anything weird. Its like feeling a different state or just knowing that one is in the right state. When Im like that, I know I can instantly transition into an experience.

I have a lot of different ways to get lucid but what I was describing was a long running experiment to make a WILD more regular and easier to enter.

ah cool. I think its better having a lot of different ways to do this depending on what feels right at time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Peter

NYMag interview

Postby Peter » 02 Mar 2015 08:10

For anyone that is interested, an interview I just completed just up on the NYMag site.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/02/what-its-like-to-be-a-lucid-dreamer.html
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

FA and lucid

Postby Peter » 07 Mar 2015 06:26

5/3/2015
FA to lucid
I am lying on the carpet in the sun on my lounge floor and I start to float of the ground. I thought I was awake and for an instant I am puzzled by this but get that I am dreaming so just enjoy the sensation of floating. I had been thinking that is was a while since I had floated from the earth to the stars on going to bed so was happy that I was drifting off the floor and aware of it.
I now start to get a shiver in my spine and the room darkens. This is a familiar feeling and action that comes from time to time in my dreams and is accompanied by sense of dread. I feel like I am being floated and invaded by an energy but for the first time ever I just feel this sensation and make the decision to allow it to run its course. I am floating up in the darkness and the feeling starts to ease so I take over and will myself over to the doors to make an exit to the outside and start to drift up.
I am just outside and I feel a hand rest on my shoulder, it is strong and firm and I place my hand on top of this one and turn around. I look at a figure next to me and ask why you are here and who are you.
I get a reply that I am watching you and want to go with you. My response is do you know what you look like or who are you with the DC replying “ I have no idea of what form I take here, I don’t have your senses” I am told that I have a rare talent in that I can pass through metal and we talk about this. I talk about raising energy and becoming light and raise my arms to demonstrate the process of calling up some energy. My fingers start to flicker with small points of blue light and then start glow and heat up. I stop at the point of my hands shimmering as I have demonstrated the form I need to move to some of the deeper dream states.

It was an interesting lucid, no supplements and of reasonable length. I also have that after glow that remains after an energy experience concerning light
The feeling of dread I first felt has been a barrier for a lot of years as it totally invades your dream body and has me whimpering in my dreams a lot of time. I hope I have now passed another level in my dreams.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Mind game

Postby Peter » 14 Mar 2015 08:04

I very easily close my eyes at anytime of the day and can relax and bring up images or just watch the show.
I am not sure if this is HI or what but its clear and vivid to varying degrees and I can interact and play with the visuals.

So for yesterday for fun I asked for 3 cups to appear and wanted to play the game of "where is the ball" its a scam I have seen in Paris by street vendors. I ask for 3 cups and a ball and very soon in my mind there are 3 cups moving around as they should. This is what I call seeing without seeing so its all internal and clear enough to be sketched or described.
The cups stop and I ask to see under one and I find the ball. I do this again and there is some wicked shuffling and I find it. A few more times and I get it wrong so "accuse" my SC of cheating, it funny enough to make me laugh and real enough as well.
I ask for all 3 cups to be lifted and there is no ball, my SC was cheating so next I think I can fool my SC so I ask for clear cups. I can see the ball as the cups are shuffling around and think "yes" my SC will not win or cheat this time.
The cups stop and they are overlapped in a patten that makes it impossible to know which cup the ball is under as it appears to be under all 3.

Its so funny and yet a direct interaction with the SC and the action is independent of my will as I have no control over the results. it amazes me and its also easy to ask for and change the visuals or ask for random changes and they will occur.

No idea what state this is as I am just relaxing and training my mind and having fun as well.

Peter

DC offered me a flask

Postby Peter » 27 Mar 2015 20:33

yee ha, lucid last night a few times. In one WILD the dream just wrapped around me and I took the motion and was flying my PSV (personal space vechile) so much fun and in another a DC opened a small flask and instructed me to sniff the contents. on the second attempt some amber liquid came out and the scent was strong but cant compare it to anything but got shifted to another deeper dream. Was awesome. Riding bikes as well, doing wheelstands on road bikes, riding steep single track MTB as well.

Snaggle

Re: Mind game

Postby Snaggle » 28 Mar 2015 05:46

Peter wrote:I very easily close my eyes at anytime of the day and can relax and bring up images or just watch the show.
I am not sure if this is HI or what but its clear and vivid to varying degrees and I can interact and play with the visuals.

So for yesterday for fun I asked for 3 cups to appear and wanted to play the game of "where is the ball" its a scam I have seen in Paris by street vendors. I ask for 3 cups and a ball and very soon in my mind there are 3 cups moving around as they should. This is what I call seeing without seeing so its all internal and clear enough to be sketched or described.
The cups stop and I ask to see under one and I find the ball. I do this again and there is some wicked shuffling and I find it. A few more times and I get it wrong so "accuse" my SC of cheating, it funny enough to make me laugh and real enough as well.
I ask for all 3 cups to be lifted and there is no ball, my SC was cheating so next I think I can fool my SC so I ask for clear cups. I can see the ball as the cups are shuffling around and think "yes" my SC will not win or cheat this time.
The cups stop and they are overlapped in a patten that makes it impossible to know which cup the ball is under as it appears to be under all 3.

Its so funny and yet a direct interaction with the SC and the action is independent of my will as I have no control over the results. it amazes me and its also easy to ask for and change the visuals or ask for random changes and they will occur.

No idea what state this is as I am just relaxing and training my mind and having fun as well.

Yes Peter they're HI; unless you can't see them clearly. HI are always clearly seen the more vague and flash like imaginings. They can be a vague as stick figures, are usually 2d, but can be 3d. You can play much more complex games than the Shell Game out of HI, as complex as any 2d PC or video game and in my opinion 3d too (though the 3d ones might be NREM LD). IMO even when you have a complex and realistic 3d scene that does not stream one is still in HI.

PS I did try going though one of the walls in hell as you suggested and within 24 hours of when you suggested. Unfortunately from hell I was transported to a Medieval town, well lit with the buildings mainly made out of rubble - I was so disappointed I chose to wake up.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Mar 2015 09:04

LOL - have another go... its interesting how and where we end up but I always find that in one sense its all ok and there is no harm just a mental barrier broken and leaving where we were is the key point.

the HI is always clear enough to draw if I wanted and i can all it up pretty much at will.
Sometimes the images are as good as HD video or as low quality as washed out film.
Every time I close my eyes I seek and find some form of HI and really enjoy playing around with it.

i was really excited a while back when I discovered I could make requests and change it or make requests and let the HI react of its own accord. That is the most interesting part and a link to the organic computer of the SC or one part of it.

Any hints of tips on deeper control or interaction are welcome as you may be more experienced with this HI

Peter

Mini Death to experience the Field

Postby Peter » 16 Mar 2016 09:09

Mini death to experience the field

Just home from a 1000k drive to take my kids back and had about 5 strong cups of coffee during the 12hour round trip so it’s now 00:30 and I decide to take 8mg of Galantamine and go for broke.
I am now in bed and have been waiting for around 40 minutes, that’s the normal time for it to start working. The first few pings and twinges are now arriving and it’s time to get serious.

WILD

One instant of observation and I am there, into the place. So fast I can’t say it’s a dream. Too quick and too fast, just there in mind space but how would I know where I am.
I deal to all the low level stuff, play around, and chat t a few people. I don’t try to sharpen up the dream senses as I don’t want a clear imitation of reality this time so I don’t exercise control and let it all stay a bit dim. I want to be un-grounded. I don’t want a hyped up human experience, plenty of that during the day.
I want to feel as a tree, be a tree, live as a tree, bond, be, feel and exist as a tree so I ask and I prime by letting go and then feeling for what is around me.
I see trees dimly around me, feel their life and they give me parts of themselves, hunks of branch and trunk, matter full of life. I take this in my hands, feel for it and let it be absorbed and it hurts. My hands and arms swell, I get strong and feel growth, a powerful swelling, life flowing but it’s not enough. It just feeling not being and I want more.
I now see a big old tree nearby and I lay against the trunk and ask to be part of the living tree. The answer is that it can’t assimilate me into itself so I give and accept a small death to lose human awareness and let the process begin.
I now lean in and again ask to be in and of the tree, the collective that is living energy and I lean back harder and start to be absorbed. I have long since lost “me” and there is no awareness of being human. It is all energy and matter. A thousand, million trillion cells all active and connected. An awareness of life without any me, a spark among this field of energy that joins the cells. The energy not the cells. The geometric pattern, living and moving and flowing is not the life, just the expression of it and energy precedes matter. I get this in some way and experience being part of this living field.
I accept the mini death that is life in another form and experience it without senses.

Total dream time approx. 80 minutes

This was an incredible experience, the letting go was difficult as it really felt like a small death and the transition was full of snakes of energy nipping and invading. The feeling during the transition has haunted me for most of my life as it is so invasive and can make me whimper in my dreams and take me out with a sweaty clammy wake up. A horrid invasive fizzing up your spine and a feeling like it will rip out it is so intense.
I feel really happy that this barrier is now broken and that I can explore in what I hope are deeper levels of mind.
The feeling of being part of the living field of energy is so hard to describe, no send of physical self but feeling of living and connection that lasts well beyond the dream. I will leave it here as I don’t have words to do it justice

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Mar 2016 10:19

I'll be going back to bed soon and you left me with a lot to think about.
It's ineffable, so I can't say more, but I feel you and just sort of know.

Be a tree.

You know most of our bodies are automatic and grow like trees. We don't control the growth of our finger nails, the roots of our hair, or even the bark we call skin.

We are walking, talking trees. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Mar 2016 14:37

lol - nice insight and never really thought of it that way

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”