why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

Postby dreaming » 22 Jan 2014 19:58

it all started like this..

my first lucid dream ( today) was when I was riding with my brother and this girl. We were all in separate cars and motorcycles on a highway. Just then I woke up from the dream, I looked at the time and it was 12:00pm. after I saw the time I went back to sleep because I was a little sleepy. So I went back to sleep and the dream went on..

Then me and the girl losses sight of my brother on the highway and we make a wrong turn. We both stop and the girl say to me " call your brother" so i take my phone out and i look at it. Something in my phone made me realize that I was dreaming. ( I forgot maybe it was the blue tooth symbol or wallpaper, i dont know) I looked around and my first words of my first lucid dream was " Am lucid dreaming..."The dream was getting darker, i think it was because i was happy i lucid dreamed but to make the dream last longer i try to look at my hands but by the time i looked at my hands the dream went dark and i woke up.

when I woke up I was so happy. But when i looked at the time it was 11:55 am. I think to myself "wait wasn't it just 12:00pm when I woke up?" Then I freak out, I had a false wakening!!!

why didn't my dream stay long when I looked at my hands? what should I do in the future?

Re: why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 10:08

Sounds like you tried to do the right thing. Sometimes that just can happen esp if one isnt well stabilised.
Being new to it too, the shock of finding oneself in ones first LDs can also cause fading out or awakening.

What you could of tried to do is to immediately reenter the dream state again by laying still not moving and just thinking of being back in that dream. What I do is to try to imagine myself standing right back where I was (last dream memory, I try to relive it again.. what it felt like being in that place etc).

If you are still in the dream and its gone dark so no vision.. you still may be able to do things in the dream and at times the vision then will come back in eg What's in my pocket dream challenge.. put your hand in your dream pocket and feel what's in there. The focus on that can help get your attention away from being about to wake up.

better luck next time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”