Might as well face it you're addicted to WILD's

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TillyPink

Might as well face it you're addicted to WILD's

Postby TillyPink » 27 Jan 2014 00:00

Well well well. I've been LD'ing all these years and only in the last few months discovered The WILD. Because i am a fairly reliable LD'er, i have never bothered to try much. I had one accidentally at the end of December when i was kept awake by a storm and entered the dream directly and had a great time of discovery. I'd agree...it was much more vivid and bright and was very stable and i was able to do what i wanted to do etc fab. But i have equally as good normal lucid dreams....

Last night i was involved in this dream sharing experiment (www.wakeupinyourdreams.com if you're interested in joining) I wanted to give myself a backup in case i didn;t enter lucidity so i set my alarm for 4 as is advised to try WILDing. It was a struggle as i was overexcited about the experiment. And the dog was dreaming like mad on my bed thus disturbing my hypnogogic meditation (I was working with one of the WILD techniques in Charlie Morley's book 'Hypnogogic Drop In') When i entered the feeling was like nothing else i have EVER experienced. There was a soundtrack playing which i have never heard, totally made up by my unconscious....very cool though and bouncy rhythm...the words were (in a soft male voice...) 'It's a complicated simplicity....' can't remember the rest. I flew into the sky, into the constellations of the stars, something i always wanted to do, but it was the feeling, i can't describe it, so powerful and ethereal yet vivid and well, so lucid! I knew i was at the stage where i just had to 'hang on in there' as i still had some body awareness. Even though i was smack bang in and rocketing up! But i was 100% ready to go and work with the experiment and well, just have a blooming good time!! I literally gasped with awe. But i had this annoying thing with my eyes. I think this might be common. I closed them and started to wake but when i opened them i thought i was opening them in real time and was scared i'd wake! I got all confused and woke up. Disappointed? A bit....but now i have tasted it at this level...i want more! The thing i'd like to add is that i didn't have a chance to reality check because even though i was aware of dream transition and body awareness to a light degree of my sleeping body, i for the first time was not aware of a body in flight. I just felt like pure energy. I was not holding my hands out in front of me like i normally do...it seemed i had no hands. The only eyes i was aware of were those in my sleeping body which i thought i was opening. But when i woke my eyes were shut and i palm faced....

Any feedback would be cool. And now i will be setting my alarm for most mornings when i don't have to get up too early...I am addicted.

Peter

Re: Might as well face it you're addicted to WILD's

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2014 10:21

if you are concerned about opening your eyes in real time dont be. When you are lucid and wanting vision start by feeling around and get some tactile feeling going in your hands. For me this will start what I call the internal senses and sometimes the visuals come all by themselves other times with some feeling going on I get firmly in the dream and then its no trouble to open my eyes without any fear of waking up.

Also if you do wake up dont move, relax and go back in - you were doing a WILD anyway so it will work just fine
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”