An Odd Way to Start a LD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Xtreme_Walrus

An Odd Way to Start a LD

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 30 Jan 2014 07:53

I'm not going to go into the full lucid dream because it wasn't too exciting, but I thought I'd share the start of it which made me laugh when I woke up.

So I'm in my room thinking to myself "I am going to lucid dream" I keep repeating this in my brain and then I look down and think, "Why am I eating baby carrots?" :lol: I then realized I was dreaming and carried on with it.

Also, when I was leaving my room, I always phase through the window. Since a lot of my LDs start in my room I've gotten good practice at going through objects. But, while I was trying to get out of my room I heard a crash in my living room. I thought absolutely nothing of it at the time. Even when I woke up I didn't even think about it. But when I was talking to my friends about this dream and this part, they were all saying that they would start freaking out if they heard something like that. I then realized how scary it really was and was wondering why I wasn't scared at all.

I haven't had a lucid nightmare yet, but is there a reason why things don't even register in a lucid dream or even after you wake up?
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

HAGART

Re: An Odd Way to Start a LD

Postby HAGART » 30 Jan 2014 16:46

Sometimes in lucid dreams I have a very Zen-like mentality with very little emotion. It's like anything can happen and you don't get phased by it. You can feel excited of course, but not spooked by any strange happenings. It's like, "Oh, yea, so what".

There's of course the other extreme in which a dream can be very emotional and nightmarish. For some reason there isn't much middle ground and emotions are either extreme on one side or the other and not like the middle ground we are familiar with when awake.

I like the former dream I explained. There is little to no fear, and you can explore the dream with a clear mind. (Or at least as clear as it can get).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Xtreme_Walrus

Re: An Odd Way to Start a LD

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 31 Jan 2014 01:23

Yeah it's all very interesting. In fact it made me want to open my door and check out what it was after I realized it was anything at all.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”