When I was young, all LD's werenightmares READ THIS IS COOL!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Johnbaker

When I was young, all LD's werenightmares READ THIS IS COOL!

Postby Johnbaker » 05 Feb 2014 17:44

When I was younger, I had lucid dreams ALL the time... Not intentionally, but something weird even for a dream would happen, and I would say aloud, "this is just a dream..." Now for the weird part... My subconcious seems to really dislike me becoming lucid, so as a child even to early teens, every time I said "This is just a dream", "This isn't real", or anything like that, the dream would instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY turn into a terrible nightmare, with whoever I told that to instantly becoming something hideous, to the point I would realize I was dreaming, but was to afraid to say it out loud. You can look at my recent question in the newbie section, but from what I can tell, now that I know about LDs and am actually excited about them, I do not think that that will be the case again.

Still, I thought some of you might be interested to hear this, and could also tell me if any of you have had similar experiences!

Thanks!

Xtreme_Walrus

Re: When I was young, all LD's werenightmares READ THIS IS C

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 08 Feb 2014 01:57

They may still be the same nightmare. Nightmares is your brain trying to tell you something important. It is easier for the brain to get the message across through frightening experiences rather than peaceful ones. If you do have these nighmarish experiences again, I would suggest talking to the evil figure and trying to resolve the problem from your childhood.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2014 02:12

When we dream we unlock something deep. Emotions we pushed to the back burner in life tend to come forward in a dream. It's not a bad thing. It's not good or evil, it just is. Our reaction to it is what makes the difference, and being lucid... you can make a choice. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Feb 2014 10:39

Sounds like the Frederick van Eeden syndrome with a twisted caveat which I think is interpretable. It's not that the subconscious dislikes you (as that doesn't really make much sense). Those experiences are generated by a fearful, young mind that barely understands the world and feels naturally anxious about the unknown. The amygdala is activated and everything else that is cerebrally connected, and relevant to lucid dream qualia, plays along with experiential concomitants.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Johnbaker

Postby Johnbaker » 12 Feb 2014 04:59

I think that sounds right guys... Anyways I had these dreams when I was WAY younger, probably haven't had one in years. Just thought I would share them with you, because they were definitely unique... Never heard of anything like it before.

STILL trying to LD though...

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”