Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MAKER

Re: Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Postby MAKER » 28 Feb 2014 04:07

Can't really remember how the dream started off, but I became semi-lucid flying around in space. Stars way out in the distance with mostly blackness around. I had a white ball that I was practicing my magnetic abilities with (throwing it and using my focus to bring it back), as well as practicing my flying abilities. I had asked a man to help me with my flying, and he was trying his best to teach me, but I got distracted by some stuff floating around, so I flew over to it to take a closer look. There was an old man in a rocking chair, a purple stuffed animal, a very small man in a tux riding a small tricycle, an octopus and some other stuff (really random, I know :lol: ).

As I flew over to it, I grabbed the purple stuffed animal first, which felt like a normal stuffed animal. I turned to the old man in the rocking chair and asked him to help me practice with my magnetic ability focus. He tossed out a small sunflower looking toy he was holding very slowly, so I grabbed it and gave it a good toss. He told me not to throw it too far because it only works at a certain distance. I flew toward the sunflower toy as I pulled it toward me, and finally grabbed it. Flew back over to the old man and gave it to him.

This is the conversation that happened next:
He said, "It takes practice, and I'm almost good enough for up there."
I asked what's up there.
He said, "After we die down here, we go up there where it's much lighter. We are much denser down here."
This triggered full lucidity and I remembered my plan for going to the source.

I started flying upward as fast as I could saying out loud, "dream, take me to the source." I saw some beautiful white clouds with a really clear white light shining through all of them (everything before then had been pitch black other than the stuff floating around and the stars way off in the background). I said again, "God, take me to the source."

I made it through the clouds and stopped. It was as if I were too heavy to keep flying. I started falling, so I immediately went into a spin and yelled out, "when I stop spinning and open my eyes I will be in the source!" I opened my eyes, but everything was dark. I kept turning trying to see something, anything. But no luck, and then I woke up :( .

In a way, I feel good because I became lucid because of that man, yet I feel disappointed because I didn't make it to the source (or at least don't feel that I did). I'm going to try again tonight with WBTB. I'm going to try the door method this time though, and your statement "the absolute, true reality."

Good luck with yours!

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 28 Feb 2014 04:26

I am not sure if this even remotely makes sense to you but that is my view.

It definitely does make sense. I agree with everything you just said.

My whole fascination with lucid dreaming started because of Carl Jung and his "Red Book," where he describes his waking lucid dreams that he believed was accessing the collective unconscious. I felt like I finally found a way to answer the questions that I have about life, consciousness, spirituality, etc.

After these past few experiments, and several LDs before, I feel like I'm on to something...somehow very close to figuring something out. But what? It's almost like a consuming obsession to figure these things out. I truly feel that there is something more to this life than going to college, getting a job, buying the house, get the family, work for the rest of your life, and then die. What that is, I do not know. I feel like I know absolutely nothing :lol: . But I also feel that LDing will offer a path to find these answers and to "know." LDing has been more powerful to me than any meditation, any scholarly source, and any entheogenic drug.

Sorry if that is confusing but put simply; Your body knows that you can obtain information from this place but your prevents you out of fear.

I agree, and I often wonder if fear has stopped me from seeing the true potential of some of my experiments... such as not being able to fly up to the source, or that man on the phone not giving me much information regarding our essence as humans. But I really feel a pull toward, I don't know what really to call it...esoteric knowledge? I guess if I had one purpose on this planet, it would be to figure things out to the best of my human ability. I mean, why can't I? :D

Probably sound a bit dramatic with this response, but I am just coming off the high of this past LD haha.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 08 Mar 2014 04:24

Well, I can't say I didn't try. :lol: I had about TEN lucid dreams, just trying to do this, but no luck :sad:

They all turned out the same, me just on the verge of going through a door that I said "take me to the absolute, true reality" and then something in the dream wakes me up, or the dream changes landscapes. And it is not like am very excited or anything and the fading is just a result of excited ness, because well, frankly, I am rather emotionlevs in my dreams. :?

But anyway, I have a hopefully slightly less difficult dream challenge/experiment of the week; Find a door that you do not where it leads to. Then, ask the dream to reveal the incredible nature of the universe :O

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 13 Mar 2014 03:11

*emotionless

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 24 Mar 2014 23:42

Sorry, haven't been in here for awhile! I had no luck with the true reality either.

Wondering if you wanna try this idea out that I've been trying to incubate for the past week...

Upon becoming lucid, yell out to the dream "I want to speak to God!" in a calm, assertive voice.

Once the connection has been made (however it plays out) ask "God" some questions.

I'm going back to the challenge and going to ask "what am I?", "My purpose," "What happens when I die," "Can you (God) assist me to enlightenment?", AND "Can you once and for all end the suffering of all?"

I've read a bunch of LD stories online of people talking to God, including self-proclaimed atheists, and each and every one of them reported very interesting experiences.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2014 01:05

MAKER wrote:
This is the conversation that happened next:
He said, "It takes practice, and I'm almost good enough for up there."
I asked what's up there.
He said, "After we die down here, we go up there where it's much lighter. We are much denser down here."
This triggered full lucidity and I remembered my plan for going to the source.

I started flying upward as fast as I could saying out loud, "dream, take me to the source." I saw some beautiful white clouds with a really clear white light shining through all of them (everything before then had been pitch black other than the stuff floating around and the stars way off in the background). I said again, "God, take me to the source."

I made it through the clouds and stopped. It was as if I were too heavy to keep flying. I started falling, so I immediately went into a spin and yelled out, "when I stop spinning and open my eyes I will be in the source!" I opened my eyes, but everything was dark. I kept turning trying to see something, anything. But no luck, and then I woke up :( .

In a way, I feel good because I became lucid because of that man, yet I feel disappointed because I didn't make it to the source (or at least don't feel that I did). I'm going to try again tonight with WBTB. I'm going to try the door method this time though, and your statement "the absolute, true reality."

Good luck with yours!

It is my personal belief that the core of "the source" is at a higher vibration/frequency then our conscious selves are (and more then our conscious selves can handle).. this would explain why you may not be able to get to the source. The source thou is throu all.. so I suggest you instead change your goal to seeing the start of actual creation ...the before each object in our lives become physically manifest, the reality which creates and forms our physical world, how is reality formed?... you should have more luck as that is a dimension we can enter and see without having to have a crazily high vibration to be able to see it (you could be doing more then just LD during this type of exploring as when we are seeking the truth ..sometimes it is given to us). I once saw spontanously what Im suggesting during a deep meditation, it was an awesome experience to experience where creation takes place.

Id be very interested to hear if you have the same experience that I had during meditation if you change your goal to that and succede.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 26 Mar 2014 07:39

taniaaust1 wrote:The source thou is throu all..

This is kinda what I'd like to believe. We are a part of the universe, born through it, we are it, but I do not yet "know" what the source is...I'd love to experience it.

taniaaust1 wrote:change your goal to seeing the start of actual creation ...the before each object in our lives become physically manifest, the reality which creates and forms our physical world, how is reality formed?...

This is exactly what I'm looking for, just worded differently. Thank you for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind, although I'm still set on "speaking with God" for my next LD. I'll start incubating a LD to see the start of creation...or perhaps use this as a question to be offered up to "God." You fed my brain! ;)

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 27 Mar 2014 02:24

Im confused. What is the current Dream challenge/experiment of the week?? Id like to try it, I love dream challenges :D

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 29 Mar 2014 12:18

Ha I've just LOVED reading your dream journies guys, especially the challenges and accompanying philosophies by MAKER and Jackson. I just have to share. I have been ill this week with a fever. You know what fever dreams are like. Well. I had a fever induced WILD and i was immediately walking into my dream scene. Before i entered it i felt the surface of the ground. I totally believed 100% I had found the source of what dreams are made of. I just said outloud, ;I must go and tell MAKER that I've found it, so they know what dreams are actually made of. I was so determined! What it actually was, was the top of a hang drum. Then it became a giant gong. :D When i touched it, it also just felt like the smoothness and coolness of the earth. It was dark all around, really i was in the darkness standing on a never ending hang drum or gong. I then was talking to you in my dream indepth, in the darkness beyond physical bodies for what seemed like hours! The last fever dream I had, i had a similar conversation with a cat who told me the meaning of life, and I have to say it was similar in the way that i can not remember the content of any of the conversation! Darn. When i awoke, i was still so pleased that I'd found the source of all dreams. But as I lay there and cooled off a little i realised that my hang drum theory might still need a little embellishment lol!!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2014 11:27

TillyPink wrote: Darn. When i awoke, i was still so pleased that I'd found the source of all dreams. But as I lay there and cooled off a little i realised that my hang drum theory might still need a little embellishment lol!!

:)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”