Immediate entry into FA (WIFA?)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TillyPink

Immediate entry into FA (WIFA?)

Postby TillyPink » 13 Feb 2014 22:45

Wake Induced False Awakening? :?

Hmm. This was new. Wanted to share.

I had a sabotage on entry into a 'hypnogogic drop in' (a form of WILD technique where by you enter into lucidity using a hypnogogic awareness meditation after a WBTB) It works very well for me, but i normally drop in casually and after a brief dream entry.

I had a very bold and focused goal. I wanted to meet my projection of my grandad, who probably doesn't have much longer.

I was doing my hypnogogic med, i was very alert so not as much visual clarity this time, I was lying on my side.

I then heard some teenagers walking past my house being rowdy (not uncommon). I abandoned my meditation. I lay there listening for a second and then realised they went down the ally down the side of my house and may wake my son. I knew I had been disturbed from my lucid dream entry and felt annoyed and then heard my son stirring. Knew it, i thought. So i got up and looked out of the window. Now why it didn't click, my curtains were open and there was a little girl's dress hanging in the window. And also, before i got out of bed, I felt something touching my back. I immediately rationalised it as being my dog, and sure enough, turned to see my dog. But my dog was asleep downstairs. Then my son came in, turned the light on, and was half asleep and yawning. He said about being woken by the teenagers. I was so confused. I just kept saying to him..."Wait!...I am SO confused...something is not right...hang on...." and then i woke up and realised i'd dropped straight into an FA.

Now i used to have reoccurring dreams about teens who used to sabotage my dreams, and i dealt with them through lucidity. Kicked them out, put them in a Youth Club. :) I guess having my back touched etc was the brief move through SP. In a way, I WILDed because this was so UTTERLY vivid and i dropped straight in, and, without even realising. It may as well have been real life. Especially when my son turned my light on. Apart from the dog and the girl's dress..everything was the same in my room. The 'feeling' was the same, and so 'ordinary'.

It was a huge sabotage I know, my unconscious using everything it had at it's disposal... perhaps because i am sad about my grandad. But entering a FA like this was interesting and new. If a little annoying. It is possible teens really were walking by mucking about and they integrated into my imagery. But unlikely, as it was 5 in the morning.

Well, let's see what tonight brings.

Anyone else had similar? Seems to be versions of versions of versions!

PS edit just to say, checked dream diary and realised the 'dress' was one of those peg bags, my (dead) granny used to have one hanging on her washing line, hence it was hanging on the curtain rail...hmm...so there was a little unconscious reminder...

torakrubik

Re: Immediate entry into FA (WIFA?)

Postby torakrubik » 14 Feb 2014 01:53

Interesting what you said about it feeling 'normal'. For me, each dream has a unique 'vibe' to it, except for lucids which tend to be emotionally tame, and FAs which feel completely real. Sounds like you had a really smooth transition, I guess if I had to give it a label it would be a successful albeit perhaps accidental WILD!
Dreaming is my drug

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 14 Feb 2014 11:25

torakrubik wrote:Interesting what you said about it feeling 'normal'. For me, each dream has a unique 'vibe' to it, except for lucids which tend to be emotionally tame, and FAs which feel completely real. Sounds like you had a really smooth transition, I guess if I had to give it a label it would be a successful albeit perhaps accidental WILD!

When i said 'normal' i meant totally as if it was my bedroom. Vivid. But not powerful, like I've experienced with a WILD entry. So like your FA's, and my previous FA's, completely real feeling. I thought i was awake until i got confused (which could have been my RC chance, but i sabotaged and awoke)

When you say each of your dreams have a unique vibe, you mean your deep dreams? And 'emotionally tame' LD's...i think i know what you mean...when the natural rhythm and feel is lost from the deep dream and replaced by something self aware, but slightly clinical and less spontaneous?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 15 Feb 2014 02:57

I think all my non-lucids have a kind of 'atmosphere' to them, it's hard to explain. Kind of like an ID tag for each dream, each one 'feels' different, and if I can recreate that feeling (which often I can't) then details of the dream pop into my head. It's difficult to explain in words :?

Yes that's what I mean pretty much, when the realisation that you're dreaming dawns on you, you know that your experiences aren't 'real' in the waking reality sense and so any events that happen to you are known to be purely illusory rather than 'real' and I think that dulls the ordinarily high-powered emotional atmosphere of the dream.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 02:48

Some of my WILD entries are so smooth that Ive missed at first (thinking I was still awake) that Ive entered into a WILD. I think this probably happens more then people are aware eg some who think they have failed at WILD and have got out of bed and done something only then to go back to bed and go to sleep.. may in fact have smoothly transitioned and could be getting a drink, going to the loo or whatever in a LD state.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”