Finally had my first one! Aliens and Antigravity!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TheAlienBanana

Finally had my first one! Aliens and Antigravity!

Postby TheAlienBanana » 01 Mar 2014 05:45

I've been trying to have a lucid dream for almost two months, and last night I finally did it!

I was having a nonlucid dream about some kind of massive hangar-type room with aliens walking around in it, when all of the sudden a block of blue text started flashing in and out of sight in front of me. It reminded me of the hints in the Lego games, but this seemed just a little too real to be a game. That's when I realized: I was dreaming! I was so happy to finally be lucid after all these weeks that I completely forgot to rub my hands together or ask for clarity or anything. Thankfully I did have enough sense to NOT start telling everyone I was dreaming. Instead I just ran all over the place, looking at the aliens. They all stared at me with some kind of angry, shocked expression, but they didn't say anything. (My theory here is that for some reason some part of my subconscious didn't want me to have a lucid dream, and it was just as angry as I was happy.) I decided maybe the aliens just couldn't believe this scrawny kid somehow made his way into their hangar, so I willed myself to become more impressive-looking. A brief vision of a taller, more muscular version of myself flashed in front of my eyes and suddenly I felt myself grow by at least a foot. The aliens' looks of angry shock suddenly turned to admiration and awe.

I decided I wanted to go outside. Once I got out, I found out I was actually on the deck of some kind of giant airship (think S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier). I figured I would try and fly, but all I could manage was a really high jump. Once I landed, I noticed that the dream was starting to get blurry, so I rubbed my hands together for a while and everything came into even sharper focus than it was before. Now, however, I found myself in a bedroom instead of the airship. A Mary Poppins song (can't remember which one) was playing from somewhere in the room, so I decided to dance to it in zero gravity. I leapt and spun and bounced off walls, and I was just so amazed at how real it all felt. Unfortunately, I forgot to keep telling myself it was a dream, and I think my dream brain started to control again, because I somehow got the idea into my head that the Mary Poppins music (in the dream) was going to wake up my parents (in real life) if I didn't turn it off, and then they might come wake me up. (I know that makes no sense, that's why I think I might have started to lose lucidity.) I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone, assuming the music might have been coming from there. As soon as I touched my screen to stop the music, everything got really blurry. I tried rubbing my hands together and yelling for clarity, but I guess I was too late, because next thing I knew I was awake.

It didn't feel very long, but looking back on it, I did manage to do quite a lot before I woke up. I'm glad I was finally able to have one, and I'm glad I didn't get too excited and wake up right away. I would have liked for it to go a bit longer, but I guess this really wasn't too shabby for my first one. Unfortunately, I completely forgot all my ideas for cool stuff to do in my excitement.

So I guess my goals for my next lucid dream are:
-Have another one (does anyone know if they might start happening more often now that I finally had my first one?)
-Remember to get better clarity right away.
-Remember at least one of the things I want to do instead of jumping and spinning pointlessly all over the place (though it was fun).

Thanks for reading!

GalMutzafy

Re: Finally had my first one! Aliens and Antigravity!

Postby GalMutzafy » 01 Mar 2014 21:58

Congratz on your first LD, it sounds really awsome, cool and fun, be proud of yourself, many people have their first lucid dream, get excited and wake up a few seconds later (happend to me lol).

For your question below, it doesn't mean that now you will have LD every day or week, but it shows you that you are moving on and on you know that you are in the right way.

Good luck mate.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Mar 2014 15:46

I think there may be a part of your Sub-C that doesn't want you lucid. When I have Lucid dreams scary stuff happens sometimes. Maybe its because our dreams are the Sub-C's realms but when we get Lucid we just steal most power and take over. I think you should get to know your Sub-C before you lucid dream. Know yourself and your dreams will go smoothly. :mrgreen:
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2014 03:31

Congrats.. that sounds like a great 1st LD :D . It is possible you may have them now easier and your next one may not be too far away since you've now had one.

I was so happy to finally be lucid after all these weeks that I completely forgot to rub my hands together or ask for clarity or anything

Dont worry, seems you were fairly stable with quite good clarity at that point and hence didnt need actually need to do it at that stage as you went and did quite a few things without issues. One can sometimes unstabilise onself by thinking one needs to stabilise when one actually doesnt need to at the time eg if you start getting worried you need to stabilise to stay in the dream (thou you are already stable), this can actually backfire and end up causing someone to wake up due to thinking about the situation of possibly waking.

Do whatever is feeling right for you to do at the time.. if you feel like you could be more stable, then stabilise the dream but dont think or worry that you NEED to work on stabilising for no reason at all...eg it isnt necessary for the only reason being that you just have found yourself in a dream. Some may be in a great state at the start when they first come aware.

Once I landed, I noticed that the dream was starting to get blurry, so I rubbed my hands together for a while and everything came into even sharper focus than it was before. Now, however, I found myself in a bedroom instead of the airship. A Mary Poppins song (can't remember which one) was playing from somewhere in the room, so I decided to dance to it in zero gravity. I leapt and spun and bounced off walls, and I was just so amazed at how real it all felt.

You did the right thing and stabilised yourself when you needed too and this worked and fixed the blurry dream so you could go on and do other things. Congrats on successfully doing that. One possibly may need to stabilise a dream at various points of it. Dont get too hung up on it, do it whenever it feels right to do. Let yourself by your own guide and learn from each experience you have.

You found yourself in a different place when you rubbed your hands as it actually took your focus off of the dream you were having at the time and instead just put it onto your own dream body. If you want to stay in the same dream.. make sure you dont take your focus off of that dream. (its one of the reasons why I myself dont like the hand rubbing technique! It can pull a person out of a dream at times). I think a safer way to stabilise a dream without that risk, is to use things outside of ones body and its senses to stabiliise it eg interact with the dream surroundings etc you are in. Instead of rubbing your hands together.. you could rub your hands up and down an object in your dream or used them to do something.

I like to often use DCs to help stabilise me eg get touching me, one can ask a DC to touch you and focus on their touch, this can even help the worst drop out cases in which one is at risk of a complete drop out just on moving oneself.

example one time when I was dropping out to the point where I lost my dream sight thou I could still "feel" myself in the dream, so I asked a DC there to hand me her baby ..she then placed it into my arms and I bounced it hard on my lap to stabilise till my dream vision etc came in again (my attention was still on that dream well as I had awareness while doing this of DC baby's mother standing near us watching her baby). one can ask a DC to touch you and focus on their touch.

Anyway. if you wish to stay in the same dream, do not take your focus away from that dream and your surroundings of it. (I dont like spinning to stabilise a dream for that reason too... makes one likely to loose the dream they are in at the time. Spinning thou can be a good way to get oneself into a different dream)

A brief vision of a taller, more muscular version of myself flashed in front of my eyes and suddenly I felt myself grow by at least a foot. The aliens' looks of angry shock suddenly turned to admiration and awe.

The aliens changed I think cause you were proud and maybe at awe yourself for succeding to grow yourself. The aliens subconciously sympbolically represent yourself. Emotions you have at the time in a dream will affect your dream and change your LD situations.

Unfortunately, I forgot to keep telling myself it was a dream, and I think my dream brain started to control again, because I somehow got the idea into my head that the Mary Poppins music (in the dream) was going to wake up my parents (in real life) if I didn't turn it off, and then they might come wake me up. (I know that makes no sense, that's why I think I might have started to lose lucidity.)

yeah..sounds like you did loose some of your lucidity at that point. We experience various levels of lucidity in LDs (sometimes one can hold the same level through out..but its easy to loose some and possibly keep loosing till one is completely non lucid.. if that happens one can wake up and may not remember the LD). Try to never forget you are having a LD if you dont want to start loosing it. I find if Im focused on my LD goals and always keep in mind of my next LD goal (look forward to the next while still focusing on another one).. it helps me to keep aware Im dreaming.

Some do quick checks to themselves to keep a good lucid level by asking themselves a set of questions every now and then.. eg who are I in real life? What do I do in waking life? Who's my family in waking life? If you start slipping in awareness.. you may notice you are finding it very hard to answer questions or feel confused a bit when doing so. This is a sign you need to focus on that fact that "Im dreaming!!" and that you have a body and life elsewhere too.. till brain has more waking clarity (do this too much thou and you will go the other way and drop out of the dream). There is a balance to maintain to stay having a LD with full clarity.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2014 03:38

I forgot to say.. thanks. Ive never thought about growing myself before in a LD and going to add that one onto my LD challenge list.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”