Unwanted Lucid Nightmare Confusion

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
buonotomato

Unwanted Lucid Nightmare Confusion

Postby buonotomato » 10 Mar 2014 06:05

Hi. I have never posted in this forum before, nor have I studied lucid dreaming, but I do not know where else to go with the recent experience I had.

When I was very young, about 3-6 years old, I had the power to end my nightmares just by realizing they were nightmares. As I grew up, I lost that power.

Last night I had a horrible graphic nightmare. At one point during the nightmare, I realized I was dreaming. I thought that that would be enough to stop the nightmare, but to my shock, it was not. I turned to the main villain of my nightmare and said to him, "You are not real. This is a dream." He told me that he was real and that I was not dreaming. At this point I was very scared. I finally was able to escape the dream by shaking my head until I woke up.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone else had a lucid nightmare?
2. Has anyone in your lucid dreams ever insisted that they were real?

Thank you. Any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

GalMutzafy

Re: Unwanted Lucid Nightmare Confusion

Postby GalMutzafy » 10 Mar 2014 06:41

I didn't have a full lucid dream or a lucid nightmare, but I know the answer for the second question, that is sometimes in a lucid dream you can talk to a dream character and tell him ''you know, you are in my dream'' and he will just argue with you that this is not a dream and you are lying, and sometimes the opposite, sometimes they just know.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”