Rape..

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
doo

Rape..

Postby doo » 28 Mar 2014 09:20

Someone was being raped and I couldn't do anything about it and when I woke up it just pissed me off so bad. i couldn't do anything to help her and it was really stupid cause the guy said she was the one for me and all man I don't know. It was just horrible.

Dreamometer

Re: Rape..

Postby Dreamometer » 28 Mar 2014 13:23

I wish it would happen only in dreams...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

doo

Postby doo » 28 Mar 2014 17:53

I wish it wouldn't happen at all. There isn't any reason to rape anyone I mean if you're that desperate get a girlfriend.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Mar 2014 08:02

doo wrote:Someone was being raped and I couldn't do anything about it and when I woke up it just pissed me off so bad. i couldn't do anything to help her and it was really stupid cause the guy said she was the one for me and all man I don't know. It was just horrible.

I dont understand why you got pissed off after you awoke seeing it was just a dream. Dreams arent real so need need to get pissed off.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 29 Mar 2014 12:36

taniaaust wrote: I dont understand why you got pissed off after you awoke seeing it was just a dream. Dreams arent real so need need to get pissed off.[/quote]

Have you never had a dream that effected you emotionally upon waking? Lucid or non-lucid, it takes me a while to gather myself together after a particularly difficult dream. I never write off my dreams as 'just a dream', I reckon life is 'just a dream' too but i still honor it lol! :)

doo, writing/journaling the dreams are by far the best thing (or sharing here as you did) as it aids bringing attention and awareness to uncomfortable dreams thus helping us deal better with issues such as helplessness in dreams in the future.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Mar 2014 11:12

TillyPink wrote:taniaaust wrote: I dont understand why you got pissed off after you awoke seeing it was just a dream. Dreams arent real so need need to get pissed off.

Have you never had a dream that effected you emotionally upon waking? Lucid or non-lucid, it takes me a while to gather myself together after a particularly difficult dream. [/quote]

No not anger as I'd have to have something real to get angry about.. and I wouldnt feel peaved in a LD either as I know its a dream so Im not going to get angry at something I know isnt real. Hence I was and am very confused at the post as Ive never experienced that (Ive been studying my dreams for over 10 years too).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 30 Mar 2014 18:43

Oh Ok well that makes sense. You sound like you personally have a good emotional and rational grip on what is dream life and what is waking life. Some people do feel emotions upon waking even with the understanding that dreams are a fiction of the mind. The reason is that while you're dreaming, even lucidly, dreams have an emotional impact, a physiological effect on the body and state of mind. So upon waking, it is easy to carry these feelings over temporarily, or if they have a link to something in waking life, a dream may bug a person for a longer time. I have awoken before feeling frustrated or angry at someone I have been mad at in a dream...i just lie with it for a while in non-judgment, before writing in diary.

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 30 Mar 2014 20:13

I agree wich I am one of the people who had dreams before that kinda affected me that day...

For example I had this dream that something really bad happend, and I was in the dream like ''I wish this is not real... please make this not real'', and when I woke up in the middle of the night, I just started crying like a little kid just because of the relief of it just a dream...
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”