A lucidity spa

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Vonozar

A lucidity spa

Postby Vonozar » 03 Apr 2014 06:03

For those of you who know what some of my lucid dreams can be like, this is another one of those interesting ones. :lol: I was having a semi-lucid dream and was having quite a bit of trouble keeping lucidity. I decided to call out to the dream for stabilization, and then everything went dark, then I was standing in the road near one of the houses close to mine. I was lucid, but I was having problems. I was half blind (had 'Dalmatian vision'. I could see only splotches here and there.) and the dream felt very unstable. I looked at my hand and tried to focus on it, but it was too blurry so I tried to feel the texture of my fingers. While I was doing that, a woman with long, black hair and an olive skin tone ran up to me and motioned for me to follow her. She began fast-walking towards the front door of the house I was near. Soon she passed into one of the black spots of my vision and I lost sight of her. "Wait, come back!!" I called out to her. I looked around and found her waiting a ways ahead of me, looking back at me and again motioning for me to follow her. I did so, repeating out loud to myself "I'm dreaming." and "Don't forget this is a dream." When I caught up to her at the front door, I saw an older man sitting in a whicker rocking chair. She went and stood next to him. I was still having a hard time staying lucid, so I looked around for something to focus on. I decided to go with the old man, so like a total creeper, I walked right up to him and started staring at his face. His eyes looked like cat eyes and I watched them dilate as I got within a foot of them. "No, that's not why we brought you here. You're going to get distracted if you keep doing that. I don't like you in my face, anyways." He said in a rough, scratchy voice. "Uh, sorry..." I mumbled, backing off. "Why did you bring me here?"
"You are having problems." The woman answered. "This is a lucidity spa." I didn't quite understand. "A...what?? What is a 'lucidity spa'?"
"It's a spa for lucid dreamers. It helps to increase awareness to help ground the dreamer to the dream." In my semi-lucid mindset I replied "Does it cost anything?" They both laughed at that and said no. The woman told me to stand on this metal duct built into a stair. I asked why. "It will blast...something, at your feet. I won't tell you what. You tell me. This is aimed to increase YOUR awareness after all. It won't work as well if I tell you what to expect." I stand on it and feel hot air blasting up at me. "Air? Hot air?" The woman doesn't acknowledge me and hands me an orangey green orb that looked a lot like a candle, but wasn't at the same time. "What do you smell?" I was fading in and out of lucidity at this point and said "I don't smell anything and I don't want to." (I don't know why I didn't want to. XD ) The man glares at me. "No. That's not a good answer. Smell it. NOW." I smelled it and it smelled like an odd flower. "It smells like a flower." The man, now satisfied, nods and sits back in his chair. "Go through." The woman said. I walk through the door and head up some stairs into a small room with white carpet. In it is a small group of teenagers who I know are supposed to symbolize other lucid dreamers. They are talking among themselves comparing the 'secret gatherings' within dreams to speakeasies during prohibition. I go up to one girl and ask about the lucidity spa and ask why DCs are always helping me. She looks at me, obviously annoyed, and says "OH NO. We are not talking about this again, are we? Ugh, I don't want to, go away." I wake up.

TillyPink

Re: A lucidity spa

Postby TillyPink » 04 Apr 2014 20:40

I love the lucidity spa. It's almost as if you were so close to waking you unconsciously manifested it, and your DC's were initially supporting this. But by the time you got to the group of teenagers who represented other lucid dreamers, one in particular was ready to sabotage the dream. I am interested what you meant by this: "They are talking among themselves comparing the 'secret gatherings' within dreams to speakeasies during prohibition." I did not quite understand.

I loved the archetypal wise old man in the wicker chair. I think that staring at one thing for too long can bring you out of lucidity, so perhaps his advice was spot on. Cat's eyes...cats eyes see acutely, perhaps that's what you needed to help bring about better vision. And i loved that you were beckoned into the deepness of the dream by the mysterious woman who set you the exercise on the step. Interesting, and yes, spa like, as it sounds like she was trying to spurt life into you, to invigorate you, but needed you to understand what it was through experience rather than her telling you, as that would again heighten your analytical mind and invigorate your dream body thus aiding lucidity. Although it seems you didn't feel the power of the blast of hot air. And the candle/orb. Wow. Again, the effort to try to heighten your senses through smell, leaving you once again unsure of what you were supposed to be smelling/feeling.

I see this as a progressive lucid dream, a learning ground. It ran out of steam. Teenagers are so...Oh no not this again, just can't be bothered!

Awesome as always!

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 04 Apr 2014 21:45

TillyPink wrote: I am interested what you meant by this: "They are talking among themselves comparing the 'secret gatherings' within dreams to speakeasies during prohibition." I did not quite understand.

Sure Tilly. :) Prohibition was a time in American history (1920's to early 1930's I believe) where the sale and distribution of alcohol was made illegal. People didn't like this very much, so speakeasies (illegal liquor stores and liquor gathering spots) started forming. I think what they meant was that the gathering was not supposed be allowed for some reason, but they were holding a meeting in secret anyways. I'm not quite sure what the meaning behind this was. :?

TillyPink wrote: I loved the archetypal wise old man in the wicker chair. I think that staring at one thing for too long can bring you out of lucidity, so perhaps his advice was spot on.

Yeah, I think in this case it was. Usually I will try to focus on something to help stabilize the dream, but I think in this case I was having too much trouble maintaining lucidity and I would have completely lost it. I would have gotten too distracted! I wasn't thinking about that when I was in the dream, I was just half-mindedly doing whatever came to mind without giving it much thought. He was the voice of reason in this dream. I don't think I would have been able to maintain lucidity without his help as well as the woman's. :)

TillyPink wrote: And i loved that you were beckoned into the deepness of the dream by the mysterious woman who set you the exercise on the step. Interesting, and yes, spa like, as it sounds like she was trying to spurt life into you, to invigorate you, but needed you to understand what it was through experience rather than her telling you, as that would again heighten your analytical mind and invigorate your dream body thus aiding lucidity. Although it seems you didn't feel the power of the blast of hot air. And the candle/orb. Wow. Again, the effort to try to heighten your senses through smell, leaving you once again unsure of what you were supposed to be smelling/feeling.

I see this as a progressive lucid dream, a learning ground. It ran out of steam. Teenagers are so...Oh no not this again, just can't be bothered!

Awesome as always!

I'm blown away every time this happens. It's interesting as I have had dreams in which the DCs take on a different way to help me maintain or increase lucidity. Sometimes they help prove that it's a dream by showing me impossible things or making my use lucid abilities that I obviously couldn't in waking life. Other times it's something like this where they create ways to increase my awareness and get me to think and focus more on the dream. I am really curious as to why this is (not complaining about it though!!), so I was a little frustrated by the teenage girl's response. Usually they are more than willing to talk and at least try to answer my questions, so this was quite frustrating. :? I'm not giving up though! :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2014 07:47

I loved reading this, thanks for sharing. You are so lucky that subconciousness is trying so hard to keep you in your LD, I wish mine would do that instead of making me do all the work.

I had 'Dalmatian vision'. I could see only splotches here and there

Dalmation vision :lol: .. I loved that term, maybe this is a term which could stick in LD sites.

Anyway. I think you did excellent to hold onto this dream, dalmation vision and all.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 05 Apr 2014 13:30

taniaaust1 wrote:I loved reading this, thanks for sharing. You are so lucky that subconciousness is trying so hard to keep you in your LD, I wish mine would do that instead of making me do all the work.

I had 'Dalmatian vision'. I could see only splotches here and there

Dalmation vision :lol: .. I loved that term, maybe this is a term which could stick in LD sites.

Anyway. I think you did excellent to hold onto this dream, dalmation vision and all.

I actually thought that 'Dalmation vision' was probably a term i'd not come across in LD'ing as i'm still fairly new to all the lingo lol! I DO love it too.

Vonozar, i thought of your dream in my lucid dream this morning (a little spontaneous one) as I always do the same reality check, so I thought at risk of becoming robotic i'd try another one (poking finger through palm) the idea of it always makes me feel a little queasy, so i guess that's why it failed. It made me lose the stabilization of dream and for the first time I understood what that felt like, and my vision went funny. I started touching a brick wall (i was still in flight at this point) and thought to myself, 'This is like in Vonozar's dream (I used your real name from Skype), I can't see properly!' I didn't think to say dalmatian vision though! Hehe!

I personally think that you are very in touch with your consciousness, so this is reflected in your dreams and DC's. And also, one dream like this, and a fascination with it, will create more dreams and DC's of that nature as it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy...and it's a cool cycle you have created - just an idea anyway. But at least now you can create an intention to go and ask why they help you directly - perhaps manifest a big megaphone and blast out the question in your next LD?! I shouted out a name very loudly in my LD this am and it's always almost eerie the way all the DC's stop what they are doing and turn around and look at you! :D

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 11 May 2014 23:26

This is the most entertaining LD ive read in a while, very interesting!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”