one of my first lucid dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
witch123

one of my first lucid dreams

Postby witch123 » 04 Jun 2014 02:25

I have had a few lucid dreams before, I was into it a couple of years ago but stopped trying, and stopped having them. Today while taking a nap I became completely lucid, more than I have ever been before. I was having a dream where I was in a movie theatre with my coworker, that I was convinced that he and I had been to before, but I couldn't remember many details of going there just bits of it, and he was convinced that we had not been there. Suddenly, everyone in the movie theatre froze as if time had stopped, and a kid came up to me and told me that I remembered it because it was the place I go to lucid dream, but my coworker did not remember because we had only been there in dreams. I then became completely lucid, I only remember bits and pieces after that, the dream ended with me free falling off a building and changing the scene just before i hit the ground (I had planned on letting myself hit the sidewalk and get up and walk away, but I chickened out last minute).

This has gotten me wanting to start lucid dreaming again, but I have a question if anyone has advice on this..
Everytime I have ever been lucid I always feel as if I am in danger, like someone is going to kill me, and sometimes would just stop being lucid because of the fear it brought to me, I had that fear last night as I was in a subway train, watching myself, everyone froze again but I had a feeling that someone else in the subway car was lucid and was going to kill me, so I hid into a corner and woke up my friend who began crying. I ended up changing the scene and going back to the movie theatre, which is where I ended up running up the stairs and jumping off the building.
What might be the best way to get over this fear?

Also for those who ever watched the tv show Heroes, it is very similar to the moment in the train where Peter realizes he can stop time, and Hiro from the future walks down the train.
Thanks hope someone reads this haha :D

taniaaust1

Re: one of my first lucid dreams

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jun 2014 09:36

Your fear could well just be normal human fear of the "unknown" which is then manifesting as "someone is watching me and wants to kill me". It is common to get fears when one is doing something new.

Best way to deal with it is to simply try to ignore it. If you play into it, it will grow and is likely to create a scary situation in your LD. Hiding or running are acts which could intensify that dream fear. You could also try to directly face it to overcome this fear quicker and get rid of it eg you could try screaming at the dream if you think something scary is there.. "come out and show yourself!".
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”