One of the best LDs I've ever had and hands down best DCtalk

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Vonozar

One of the best LDs I've ever had and hands down best DCtalk

Postby Vonozar » 09 Jun 2014 23:36

This is one of the best if not the best lucid I have ever had, and hands down the best DC conversation I have ever had. Everything about it was just incredible. Definitely one of those dreams that makes you go "Wow, now THAT'S a lucid dream!" and leaves you with a huge energy burst for the rest of the day when you wake up. :mrgreen:

The dream started in the upper level of a good sized 2 story house. A good sized family lived here, and I was walking around looking at the house. One of the younger boys who had straight blonde hair and looked about 8 years old grabbed my hand. "Let me show you my room!" He said happily and led me into a room at the end on the hallway. There were two twin sized beds in the room and red blinds over the window. He started pointing out different things in his room like a toy T-Rex and his lamp, then a voice from downstairs (His dad I presumed) called up "Boys! Get everyone together and let's go outside!" The little boy ran out of the room and down the hallway where he met up with 3 other boys who looked a little older than he was and the four of them began climbing down something to the bottom floor. I followed and when I came to what was supposed to be the staircase, found that there wasn't one but a beat up wooden bunk bed in it's place. I began slowly climbing down it. It broke and I fell on the ground. A woman with shoulder length black or dark brown hair was near me and a large black (or maybe dark brown) dog was jumping up and down barking excitedly by her feet. She looked at me with a look of hesitation and uncertainty, then turned around and started walking towards a door. Suddenly I was outside in the backyard of the house. It was a large yard, most of it being a field of dried grass with snow clumps here and there near a blue, round, kiddie pool. One of the boys came up to me with the dog. "Watch what she can do!" He held out a hula hoop for the dog. The dog ran back a ways, then ran towards the hula hoop and jumped through it into the pool then jumped out. As it left the water, the water froze. The dog ran back around and jumped through the hoop again into the pool. The water turned back to a liquid state. I began to become aware as I watched the dog do this. "Is this a dream?" I asked myself. The woman was standing near me and turned to look at me with a strange look I couldn't quite understand. I looked at my hand and found that I had 6 fingers, one of which was split at the top and had a two finger hand growing from each split. I looked out into the dream world, trying to step back a bit and remember what it was I wanted to do with a clearer mind. I become fully lucid and debate with myself which of my remembered goals I wanted to do. As I was doing this, the woman interrupted me. "Can I ask you something?!" she said quickly. I turned to her, glancing down at her little blonde haired daughter (Sarah as I suddenly knew) in the process. "Do you know what's going to happen here before it does, or do you just watch it happen?! I mean, it's your mind!" She seemed quite uneasy around me. It was obvious she knew I was in control of this world and had a respect and fear of that. I nodded thoughtfully. "Hmm." I looked out towards the yard. I saw two men, one of which was her husband, talking to each other. Both were wearing athletic wear, one blue and one purple.In an instant a couple different scenarios played out in my mind as to what they could do next. I knew that if I favored one idea or thought too much of it the thought would no longer be just an idea, but fact. "Both I guess. I mean first of all, how do I see here?" The little girl, Sarah, looked up at me with a look of certainty. "You have eyes." Her mom glanced down at her, then back at me. "Yes, I suppose I do have eyes. Well, at least it appears I have eyes. Do I really though? Are these real eyes, necessary for sight here? What if I were to loose them? Could I still see? The thing is, I could. I don't need eyes here. I'm inside my head, this whole world is me. I can know what will happen before it does by thinking it, or other times I just know it will happen as if it was beamed into my bran. Other times I don't know. I could will something to happen and something different could happen instead. I can also just watch and see what will happen as you would. As someone in the 'real world' would." Sarah smiles at me. "That's when WE know what's going to happen next. When WE control this world." Her mom no longer seemed hesitant about talking with me, but excited and eager as if she were waiting for her next chance to talk. "Who's we?" I ask. We had started walking as we were talking, and now we were walking down a street and it was night. Sarah opens her mouth to respond, but her mom interrupts her. "That's another thing. You're here in this world...and this world is your MIND! Anything you can imagine is possible! But how are you even here? How did you come inside your own self? I mean look around! You are here before us, and at the same time all of this is you!" I could see a small nebula form suddenly in the sky surrounded by millions of stars outlining what appeared to be a path to the small orange, blue, and red nebula. The pathway remained up in the sky, but continued to hug the boarders of the road as if to say "Hey, if you want to walk on the road, that's cool. But if you wanna walk on the stars I'm right here waiting for ya!" It was gorgeous, more beautiful than anything I consciously had placed in the sky before. I knew the woman had put it there. I grinned at her. She grinned back. "That's awesome! But I feel as though you're avoiding my question. What did Sarah mean by 'We'?" She looked intently at me and suddenly a wave of thought came to me and I started blurting out everything that came to mind. "If this world is me and we're inside it right now, then where am I thinking? As I'm thinking of what to say next, the words aren't floating in front of you or blaring from the sky. There has to be another layer of thought unseen, of one's mind!" She smiled and nodded at me. "Now you're getting it." I stared at her with my mouth open, a hundred questions going through my mind of what to ask next. This is awesome! Sarah tugged on my arm. "Time to wake up." She said. I shook my head. "No, not yet." She gave me a look of a kid about to throw a temper tantrum. "No, I said IT'S TIME TO WAKE-" I wake up quickly with the word "UP!" strongly in my memory as if someone had just said it while I was awake. I tried to close my eyes and enter back into the dream, but I was way too awake and excited to go back to sleep.

I'm freakin walking on sunshine today, guys. I'm ecstatic. :D :D :D

HAGART

Re: One of the best LDs I've ever had and hands down best DC

Postby HAGART » 10 Jun 2014 01:12

It's amazing when a dream is so vivid, and we are so lucid, and even the others in the dream are lucid too!

It truly does make you wonder: If all of this place here in the dream is my thoughts, why are the DCs thinking on their own without me? And why do I have a sense of body, separate from everything else around, if it is all thoughts and therefore all me?

How can thoughts become 'solid' and 'alive'? :o

Vonozar wrote:There has to be another layer of thought unseen, of one's mind!" She smiled and nodded at me. "Now you're getting it."

There does seem to be layers of thought. Maybe we have several thoughts running at once, one is "us" in the dream, another one is controlling the dream characters, and another is creating the environment(s).

In the end, the layers were shutting down. The environment faded/disappeared first, and for a brief moment the thought layer that was making the DC was still active, saying the word, "UP", and finally you awoke with the familiar layer we all know, "me".

In a non-lucid dream the thought layers may create a scene, with DC's, but not a fully developed sense of self. I've had some very short dream images form when I try to sleep and jolt awake. They are like a scene is created and that is the ONLY thought layer. I've even heard voices in between lucid dreams when I remain calm and try to re-enter, and that is like both DC, and "me" thought layers are active, but no scene has developed.

Your dream has got me thinking. We can use any words we want, but there does seem to be at least 3 aspects to dreams that seem to operated independently from one another, and when they are all active (and perhaps there are more), it makes a very vivid and memorable lucid dream!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Karin

Postby Karin » 10 Jun 2014 13:28

Totally awesome!!! There seems to be many deep teachings in there... :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Jun 2014 05:52

That's an awesome LD. Thanks for sharing it. We can have the most profound experience in the most normal environment.

Your post made me think of peoples experiences with Tulpas as what you described in your dream is the kind of interaction with many with those have with their Tulpas... the tulpas (or thought form characters) are capable of altering the environment themselves (and will commonly show their creator what they have created). Tulpas also tend to be aware of how they've come to be.. so I couldnt help thinking how much your DCs were acting like these. They were acting with the awareness of Tulpas. Tulpas also tend to be aware that they are vulnerable to us, that we can alter their environment and even destroy it and them (they think about and get concerned about the same kinds of things a normal living being would have as they have a sense of self and have sentience). It only takes one Tulpa to possibly end up with a family of them as they create and feed the thoughtforms of the others they can create.

In a LD we have us.. our normal waking self creating the dream, our subconciousness creating the dream.. and up till now I hadnt thought of this third kind of aspect possibly coming into play and creating the dream too. If your dream characters could be like Tulpas (and if I think about this I can see no reason why this couldnt happen at times), this would mean they (that part of your subconciousness) is capable of rational acting and rational thinking too, like yourself.. in fact it may be even smarter then yourself at times.

Like a part of your normal thinking and rational self consciousness has combined with a subconscious part and formed like this new kind of consciousness thing (new kind of thought form which can think and act normally and doesnt act like a most DCs do as it has good awareness of things).

Tulpas are smarter then normal DCs as they develop and grow and seem to be able to learn. Think of a part of your subconsciousness splitting off (thou of cause still also connected) and forming its own identity (it does this some every time there is a DC in a dream) but imagine if its been without your knowlege focused on the same character over and over.. and the consciousness of the character starts to develop and grow to the point its easy to communicate with. (people create tulpas by putting intense focus onto a character they wish to create..but maybe your subconciousness did that itself to have formed an aware DC with its own identity).

.. thanks.. you've taught me to see something new.

if these were like Tulpas, these LD characters are probably more stable then ordinary DCs (they will keep themselves in like existance in your mind.. rather then your normal waking self doing that) and I think you should be able to interact with these again.

If they are tulpas, it is possible to tune in to these and actually hear then when one is fully awake (with some practice). If you are uncomfortable with anything I said, please ignore my post.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 11 Jun 2014 21:55

HAGART wrote:It's amazing when a dream is so vivid, and we are so lucid, and even the others in the dream are lucid too!

It truly does make you wonder: If all of this place here in the dream is my thoughts, why are the DCs thinking on their own without me? And why do I have a sense of body, separate from everything else around, if it is all thoughts and therefore all me?

How can thoughts become 'solid' and 'alive'? :o

Vonozar wrote:There has to be another layer of thought unseen, of one's mind!" She smiled and nodded at me. "Now you're getting it."

There does seem to be layers of thought. Maybe we have several thoughts running at once, one is "us" in the dream, another one is controlling the dream characters, and another is creating the environment(s).

In the end, the layers were shutting down. The environment faded/disappeared first, and for a brief moment the thought layer that was making the DC was still active, saying the word, "UP", and finally you awoke with the familiar layer we all know, "me".

In a non-lucid dream the thought layers may create a scene, with DC's, but not a fully developed sense of self. I've had some very short dream images form when I try to sleep and jolt awake. They are like a scene is created and that is the ONLY thought layer. I've even heard voices in between lucid dreams when I remain calm and try to re-enter, and that is like both DC, and "me" thought layers are active, but no scene has developed.

Your dream has got me thinking. We can use any words we want, but there does seem to be at least 3 aspects to dreams that seem to operated independently from one another, and when they are all active (and perhaps there are more), it makes a very vivid and memorable lucid dream!

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 11 Jun 2014 22:15

taniaaust1 wrote:That's an awesome LD. Thanks for sharing it. We can have the most profound experience in the most normal environment.

Your post made me think of peoples experiences with Tulpas as what you described in your dream is the kind of interaction with many with those have with their Tulpas... the tulpas (or thought form characters) are capable of altering the environment themselves (and will commonly show their creator what they have created). Tulpas also tend to be aware of how they've come to be.. so I couldnt help thinking how much your DCs were acting like these. They were acting with the awareness of Tulpas. Tulpas also tend to be aware that they are vulnerable to us, that we can alter their environment and even destroy it and them (they think about and get concerned about the same kinds of things a normal living being would have as they have a sense of self and have sentience). It only takes one Tulpa to possibly end up with a family of them as they create and feed the thoughtforms of the others they can create.

In a LD we have us.. our normal waking self creating the dream, our subconciousness creating the dream.. and up till now I hadnt thought of this third kind of aspect possibly coming into play and creating the dream too. If your dream characters could be like Tulpas (and if I think about this I can see no reason why this couldnt happen at times), this would mean they (that part of your subconciousness) is capable of rational acting and rational thinking too, like yourself.. in fact it may be even smarter then yourself at times.

Like a part of your normal thinking and rational self consciousness has combined with a subconscious part and formed like this new kind of consciousness thing (new kind of thought form which can think and act normally and doesnt act like a most DCs do as it has good awareness of things).

Tulpas are smarter then normal DCs as they develop and grow and seem to be able to learn. Think of a part of your subconsciousness splitting off (thou of cause still also connected) and forming its own identity (it does this some every time there is a DC in a dream) but imagine if its been without your knowlege focused on the same character over and over.. and the consciousness of the character starts to develop and grow to the point its easy to communicate with. (people create tulpas by putting intense focus onto a character they wish to create..but maybe your subconciousness did that itself to have formed an aware DC with its own identity).

.. thanks.. you've taught me to see something new.

if these were like Tulpas, these LD characters are probably more stable then ordinary DCs (they will keep themselves in like existance in your mind.. rather then your normal waking self doing that) and I think you should be able to interact with these again.

If they are tulpas, it is possible to tune in to these and actually hear then when one is fully awake (with some practice). If you are uncomfortable with anything I said, please ignore my post.

I didn't really understand what you meant by Tulpa, so I looked it up. According to Urbandictionary.com it is a Sanskrit word used to refer to a practice in Tibetan Buddhism, in which the practitioner creates a sentient being through the power of thought. So sort of like a DC then, right? It sounds like it has to be consciously created though, which I didn't do. They were just there. It's weird, but most of my DCs speak logically to me and answer my questions. I mean they don't go around doing things on this level very often at all, they mostly just like to help me out and help me to gain or keep lucidity or answer some of my questions that aren't this deep. I don't try to create any sentient being, really. I just go up to a random DC and start talking, or they come up to me and start talking like what happened here. I mean I'm not complaining, I love how they interact with me (usually...)! I'm just not sure it fits the description is all. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Jun 2014 12:41

Vonozar wrote: I didn't really understand what you meant by Tulpa, so I looked it up. According to Urbandictionary.com it is a Sanskrit word used to refer to a practice in Tibetan Buddhism, in which the practitioner creates a sentient being through the power of thought. So sort of like a DC then, right? It sounds like it has to be consciously created though, which I didn't do. They were just there. It's weird, but most of my DCs speak logically to me and answer my questions. I mean they don't go around doing things on this level very often at all, they mostly just like to help me out and help me to gain or keep lucidity or answer some of my questions that aren't this deep. I don't try to create any sentient being, really. I just go up to a random DC and start talking, or they come up to me and start talking like what happened here. I mean I'm not complaining, I love how they interact with me (usually...)! I'm just not sure it fits the description is all. :)

Yeah the traditional and common meaning of it is a sentient being (like a DC in ways) created by the practioner by power of thought. Ive just read stories of some of those who create these ending up with more, as the ones they created, then went and created more of these themselves. That doesnt really fit the traditional description but at sites they are calling the ones their subconciousness created (well their tulpas create) tulpas too.

The most common reaction I hear of DCs when people try to discuss dreaming with them, is they usually try to deny they are just part of a persons mind creation. Im not sure if Ive read an LD experience till yours in which the DC knew. So thought your experience was a bit different to the normal with the DC seeing to have more awareness.

Anyway. I'd love to have an interaction like you had with your dream. :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamingbig

Postby dreamingbig » 01 Jul 2014 21:20

Thank you for posting that amazing dream. I know the sense of elation you talk about. I am so glad to find this forum and hear people talking my language about a world most don't pay attention to. I have not been having made in depth conversations with DC's lately but have in the past. I would like to set this as an intention. Lately I have been doing a lot of simple exploring of the dream world and taking pleasure in the sensory world there. I'm doing "experiments" so to speak to see how real or unreal food tastes and smells and I've been trying to get better at moving my body through seemingly solid things. There is so much more room for growth and movement in my LD's. I can't wait for more!!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”