Had my first semi-LD last night

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LD43081

Had my first semi-LD last night

Postby LD43081 » 10 Jun 2014 14:39

Took about two weeks, with taking four nights "off" in the middle. I have pretty vivid dreams and good recall already, but this was definitely a step up in both departments (took FOREVER to get it all down in my journal).

I'm counting this as "semi-LD" as I did a reality check (fingers through the hand) and it failed to indicate a dream. For whatever reason I didn't do another one. Still, it's progress. The funny thing is I've been thinking about a lot about dreams signs and which I've been missing in my dreams. There was no dream sign; I was having a conversation with someone, one of us told a bad joke and I suddenly thought "Wait, I think I'm dreaming this."

Excited to see what happens tonight!

taniaaust1

Re: Had my first semi-LD last night

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Jun 2014 05:26

"There was no dream sign; I was having a conversation with someone, one of us told a bad joke and I suddenly thought "Wait, I think I'm dreaming this."

Yeah it often does happen like that with a person becoming spontanously lucid out of the blue.

I'd say you were lucid in this dream.. as you'd became aware that you were probably dreaming. Its the reality check part which screwed you up. Ive seen many times when people realise they are actually dreaming but still to do a reality check (allowing doubts to creep in).. those checks often seen to fail then(the subconsciousness acts on the doubt! hence the check then fails).

If you are thinking you are dreaming something, you can be 95% sure you probably are and you can try at this point to treat it as a dream and see what happens, they often will soon show they actually are. Try to leave that doubt behind (of cause do not go jumping off of any tall buildings till you are 100% sure you are dreaming!).

I strongly suggest to not do that reality check again (well anytime in the near future anyway) as a check which has failed once is more likely to fail again and screw up things for you. Choose other reality checks now to do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LD43081

Re: Had my first semi-LD last night

Postby LD43081 » 11 Jun 2014 14:53

taniaaust1 wrote:I strongly suggest to not do that reality check again (well anytime in the near future anyway) as a check which has failed once is more likely to fail again and screw up things for you. Choose other reality checks now to do.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's a REAL good point! I'll have to find a new favorite reality check. :)

Thanks,
LD

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”