Am i insane?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Smifty

Am i insane?

Postby Smifty » 10 Aug 2014 12:08

Hello lucid dreamers from around the world!
I would like to share with you the probably scariest event i have ever had in my life.

It occured today in the morning when i woke up. I had an unintentionally lucid dream.
I can`t remember much of the dream so i will basicly start in the middle of my dream.
It was around 9PM and allready dark outside. I was packing my working bag with some sandwiches
and 2 bottles of water. I also packed in a sweater because my work involves going into
cold places like a cold warehouse where it can be -0°C to -20°C. I also have to carry
a book around me because it is my first year and i have to document everything i do
in my job like which clients we visitet on that day, what problems they had with their
cooling system and so on. It is a red and thick calendar book. At some point of the night
my mobile phone began to ring. I answered it and it was my slightly older sister (i also
have a younger sister). I said:"hello *my sisters name* what is going on?". She answered in an
extremly shy voice:" Hello brother how are you?" We continued talking for a few minutes
about my new job when suddenly she came up with an extremly irritating question:" Brother
would you do me a favour?" I asked her what i could do for her and she said:" Would you
come over and have sex with me?" I was shocked because she sounded serious about that.
So i immediately said to her:" What the f***. Are you out of your mind? No i wont have sex
with you!" After that i heard hear crying and hanging up the phone. This was weird because
she would NEVER EVER ask me this.

Please do not think that in real life she is attracted to me in any way or the other way around.
This is one reason why i coudn`t share this story with my family and had to share it with you guys.

At this point i was sitting on my chair, palming my forehead with both of my hands while starring
at the ground. I tried to think about reasons why she was asking me that question. Shortly after
she called me again:"Please please have sex with me!" I screamed:"NO!" and hung up the phone.
She tried this several times until i realized that i was dreaming. Knowing nothing could go wrong
i said to her:" OK OK fine! I am comming to you right now. Just give me a few minutes." This made
her really happy and made her take away all her stress. Since we live in different places i had to
drive to her. I also took my working bag with me for some reason. Driving to her place i noticed
that not a single person or a single car was outside which is unusual for my place at this time.
I was curious because i didn`t know what was going to happen after i arrived at her place.

At this point i need to tell you that i am a muslim. No i have no intentions of bombing myself
or being a terrorist. I don`t even believe most of the stuff that they tell me, so i hardly even
consider myself a muslim. It is my Mom and Dad that forced me into this.
Usually a muslim prays 5 times a day to god/allah. But i don`t do that. I just go with my dad
to some kind of church (i do not know the exact english word for this i am sorry) every friday
afternoon when we have the opportunity and prey together with a bunch of other muslims.
We also have a book called "kuran" in which we read out our preys. This book is holy and as
a muslim you are only allowed to touch it if you redeem yourself. This information could be
curical for the upcomming event.

So i finally arrived at her place and turned the engine off. And for whatever reason i decited to
take my calendar book out of my working bag. At this point i noticed that my heart was punding
really fast. I took it out and somehow it turned into the kuran with the nazi symbol drawn onto it.
I just thought why on earth would a kuran be in my bag with a nazi symbol. I don`t even have one.
Then i realized that i didn`t redeem myself befor touching it and this is when things started to get
incredibly scary and real. While the book itself seemed harmless to me i could feel my body shaking.
Something was scaring my body while on my mind i tried to stay calm. I did not see a demon or
something but at some point my body was shaking so hard that i just had to wake myself up.
I opened my eyes, but couldn´t control them. They were basicly moving in every directions really
fast and i could see through them, which was pretty scary. It felt like a demon took control of my
body, much like in the movie "The Exorcist". I started to have panic and tried to take control of my body.
I tried to scream, or more like i had the urge to scream, hoping that someone will hear me and try
to help me but i just coudn`t. Instead i just breathed rapidly. I tried to fight the shaking, but instead i slowly moved over the edge of my bed falling on my shoulder. I could feel the pain somehow and i thought i was about to die, but shortly after my body started to calm down. After i knew i had control over my body again i slowly opened my eyes and i couldn`t believe it. I was still on my bed for some reason and my heart beat was normal. Moments ago my heart beated with a rate of approximately 160 beats per minute and i could feel that my body was sweating. But after i woke up my heart was pounding normal and i had no sweat on my body.

So yeah this is my story. I was just wondering if you guys have had similar experiences as I had today
so i can calm myself down from this monstrosity of a dream.

torakrubik

Re: Am i insane?

Postby torakrubik » 10 Aug 2014 23:13

What you experienced was sleep paralysis. Normally, the mind is asleep at this stage, however you seemed to have woken up with your body still paralysed, and your panic led to some nasty hallucinations. You are not insane, there is nothing to worry about!
Dreaming is my drug

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 12 Aug 2014 04:21

Instead i just breathed rapidly. I tried to fight the shaking, but instead i slowly moved over the edge of my bed falling on my shoulder. I could feel the pain somehow and i thought i was about to die, but shortly after my body started to calm down. After i knew i had control over my body again i slowly opened my eyes and i couldn`t believe it. I was still on my bed for some reason and my heart beat was normal. Moments ago my heart beated with a rate of approximately 160 beats per minute and i could feel that my body was sweating. But after i woke up my heart was pounding normal and i had no sweat on my body.

The heart beating insanely fast was just the dream, which is why you were still in your bed and stuff.

I don`t even have one.
Then i realized that i didn`t redeem myself befor touching it and this is when things started to get
incredibly scary and real. While the book itself seemed harmless to me i could feel my body shaking.

This is where you went wrong with your train of thought, you immediately thought about how you did something bad by touching the Qur'an. The bad thing turned into bad thoughts and then derailed into loss of control.

What you experienced was sleep paralysis. Normally, the mind is asleep at this stage, however you seemed to have woken up with your body still paralysed

It doesn't seem like he woke up until the very end.

I wouldn't think much of the dream, just was pretty strange and got derailed fast by the Qur'an touching which became a bodily nightmare.
Three steps from bliss.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Aug 2014 19:20

Smifty wrote:I was just wondering if you guys have had similar experiences as I had today
so i can calm myself down from this monstrosity of a dream.

I wrote this in my Dream Journal Feb. 23, 2012:

I was in a bed, which I found odd, because I knew I was sleeping on the couch downstairs. I was laying belly side down, and felt something push down on my back behind me. It felt malevolent, but I wasn't terrified. (This wasn't the first time it happened to me, so I tried to remain calm). I also noticed the headboard had bars like no other I know, so I knew it was a dream. This thing behind me became very violent and pushed on my back repeatedly, not a steady pressure like someone sitting on you but someone pressing hard over and over so hard I was bouncing up and down on the mattress, like a basketball. Then I was hoisted up to the ceiling and slid along it by an invisible entity like a scene from The Exorcist. Then I saw a reflection of myself in a large mirror like (in another bedroom I use to have). It freaked me out. My head was a giant eyeball and my neck looked like something snake-sized wrapped around 3 times. My body was just shadowy. I realized I needed to take control and I was on the ground now trying to walk. I was very disoriented and could barely walk as though I was drunk. After several steps however, I left the room and all of a sudden, I HAD CONTROL!
Leaving the room behind, I had a long intense lucid dream after that! :D

So you are not alone, and you are not insane. I'm still not entirely sure why this sort of thing happens, but it's quite common in this world. I personally haven't had anything that intense in over 2 years, and I think it was sharing my stories and talking about it here that allayed my fears of it. Although it may feel like a demon, or being possessed, I still don't believe in that. I think it was just my own deepest fears coming to life in my dreamy, hallucination-prone mind.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”