lucid nightmare :(

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
sg101

lucid nightmare :(

Postby sg101 » 26 Aug 2014 10:33

I woke up dazed and tired. My goal after waking up suddenly was to perform the mundane ritual of getting a drink of water and falling back asleep. With this in mind, I get up and out of bed. For reference, I sleep in an upstairs room. Once reaching the bottom, the bathroom is instantly to the right. I walk to my bedroom door and proceed down 1/2 of the stairs. THIS is where I took control.

I realize I'm dreaming and wonder why the hell I'm walking down my stairs.

My heart stopped.

I heard a noise approaching the stairs. My mind fills with complete dread and fear as I feel my insides churning. Note, It would be completely dark if it wasn't for the faint ambient light managing to hit the part of the house I was in from what I believe was coming from opened blinds. Despite the unknown slowly creeping towards me, and against any common sense or hesitation, I cautiously continue down, getting a spark of curiousity. I have a 'do-it-or-die-attempting' kind of mentality, which I should say isn't really best for me in the long run, but helps out in certain situations. After almost reaching the bottom, a figure appears out of the opposite corner, startling me. It would be best described as pitch black smoke or haze.

I am now in fight or flight mode. I chose flight. I attempt to run back up the stairs, but this thing grabs me by the leg and drags be back. I tried screaming, banging, but nothing would register. Every movement I made had no sound. Note, this was before I learned how to overcome nightmares, so I was basically powerless.

I woke up on my side curled up, twitching and shaking, which lasted a few seconds. This whole dream lasted 5 minutes.

LucidityMaster

Re: lucid nightmare :(

Postby LucidityMaster » 26 Aug 2014 10:38

Thanks for sharing your lucid nightmare!

I've had similar lucid nightmares, where I've been chased by an unknown entity.

By the way, you seem to be a good writer :D

Have you ever thought of pursuing a career in writing?

sg101

Postby sg101 » 26 Aug 2014 10:51

LucidityMaster wrote:Thanks for sharing your lucid nightmare!

I've had similar lucid nightmares, where I've been chased by an unknown entity.

By the way, you seem to be a good writer :D

Have you ever thought of pursuing a career in writing?

I'm actually more of a musical person. Thanks for the compliment though. I guess all of the stories I've read or listened to must have indirectly expanded my ability to describe events in a decent amount of detail.

As for the lucid nightmare, it could have also been a false awakening, since I always see the same picture around me every time I wake up during the night.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 26 Aug 2014 11:00

There are many talented lucid dreamers on this forum, and I'm sure you will learn a great deal about lucid dreaming.

You say you have the ability to overcome nightmares. Is this true for all nightmares?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”