Im dreaming? No, im awake? Am I dreaming?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dreamstudent

Im dreaming? No, im awake? Am I dreaming?

Postby dreamstudent » 26 Sep 2014 19:35

This morning I had a dream in which I was conscious but not lucid it went like this:

I set my alarm the night before for 8:20 A.M. (in real life)

(Dream)
I'm in my bed I "wake up" the clock says 8:49 A.M. I know I set my alarm for earlier because I have a class at 9:00 A.M. and am upset the alarm didn't go off. I think "oh I better wake up". I instantly wake up look at my clock (real life) it says 8:10 A.M. I get up and prepare for the day normally.

Now its interesting because in the dream I looked at the clock and it said 8:49 A.M. and knew I was going to be late for class, so immediately the first thing I think is, "better wake up" (This shows I was obvious lucid/conscious in some way). So basically I was in too much a rush to think oh damn im in a dream and have fun with it. No instead I acted very quickly rather than thought it out and I SHOULD HAVE said to myself "wait why would I wake up if im already awake and im looking at the clock right now?"..

Just like damnit there goes a good lucid dream I could of had.. Oh well.. lol more to come right?

buildit

Re: Im dreaming? No, im awake? Am I dreaming?

Postby buildit » 26 Sep 2014 22:24

Something you shouldn't take for granted is the ability to be surprised by your dreams. Since I learned others can LD I haven't had a dream where I was in full control. They've been good dreams and there is no reason to ruin the story. :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Re: Im dreaming? No, im awake? Am I dreaming?

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 03:52

Hm ill try looking at it from that perspective thanks buildit! :D

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”