First lucid dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
asdfjkl
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2014 21:39

First lucid dream!

Postby asdfjkl » 30 Sep 2014 21:48

Ok, so I'm 14 and have been practicing lucid dream techniques for about a week, when last night I had my first lucid dream! I was dreaming about a school reunion, and the lucidity was actually triggered by a classmate of mine confessing to me, and then back-tracking and saying he took it all back. In the dream, I felt pretty downcast about it, thinking about how only people confess in DREAMS. I realized that I was dreaming, and it was amazing! I focused the dream by rubbing my hands together and I was amazed to see how real it looked.

I have a few questions, though. When I tried to do a reality check by trying to push my hand through a door, it didn't work. Maybe because I was kind of expecting it to be solid...? Also, I found it extremely hard to remain lucid. I kept having to remind myself, and I couldn't really do anything amazing at first, like make fireballs in the palm of my hand. I understand that I need to practice that, but any tips? Also, any tips for having your SECOND lucid dream?

Thank you SO much! :)
Lucid dreams so far: 4
How long I've been practicing: 2 months

User avatar
torakrubik
Posts: 559
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 20:44
Location: England

Re: First lucid dream!

Postby torakrubik » 30 Sep 2014 23:34

asdfjkl wrote:When I tried to do a reality check by trying to push my hand through a door, it didn't work. Maybe because I was kind of expecting it to be solid...? )


That's almost definitely it! You have to convince yourself it is possible, that's just a mental barrier which is easily overcome. I'd recommend having a look at dream stabilisation so that your next LD is longer and clearer. This is a good article on that: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

Congratulations and good luck with your endeavours :)
Dreaming is my drug

asdfjkl
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2014 21:39

Re: First lucid dream!

Postby asdfjkl » 01 Oct 2014 02:34

torakrubik wrote:
asdfjkl wrote:When I tried to do a reality check by trying to push my hand through a door, it didn't work. Maybe because I was kind of expecting it to be solid...? )


That's almost definitely it! You have to convince yourself it is possible, that's just a mental barrier which is easily overcome. I'd recommend having a look at dream stabilisation so that your next LD is longer and clearer. This is a good article on that: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

Congratulations and good luck with your endeavours :)

Ok, thank you so much for the help!! :)
Lucid dreams so far: 4
How long I've been practicing: 2 months

Howtolucid
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 Oct 2014 19:13

Re: First lucid dream!

Postby Howtolucid » 12 Oct 2014 19:48

It's great that you're learning to lucid dream at such a young age. It's what I did!

As for the door, it probably was as you say because you EXPECTED it to be hard and so on.. Your expectation creates much of what happens in the dream.
Visit HowToLucid DOT com for free Lucid Dreaming lessons!

asdfjkl
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2014 21:39

Re: First lucid dream!

Postby asdfjkl » 16 Oct 2014 01:06

Howtolucid wrote:It's great that you're learning to lucid dream at such a young age. It's what I did!

As for the door, it probably was as you say because you EXPECTED it to be hard and so on.. Your expectation creates much of what happens in the dream.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind!! Thank you so much for the encouragement! So far, I've only had one other lucid dream, but I'm still trying hard!
Lucid dreams so far: 4
How long I've been practicing: 2 months

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2968
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: First lucid dream!

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Oct 2014 11:23

If a reality check fails like that one did, I suggest for you to try a couple of others next time eg looking at a clock and then away then back to see if time alters in strange ways, can be a good check.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

asdfjkl
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2014 21:39

Re: First lucid dream!

Postby asdfjkl » 21 Oct 2014 02:37

taniaaust1 wrote:If a reality check fails like that one did, I suggest for you to try a couple of others next time eg looking at a clock and then away then back to see if time alters in strange ways, can be a good check.

Ok! I'll try that next time! Thank you so much. :)
Lucid dreams so far: 4
How long I've been practicing: 2 months


Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest