Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Share Your Lucid Dreams

Sorry Mum, but im tripping balls.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Sorry Mum, but im tripping balls.

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 May 2012 05:43

Right I used to make topcis about how I would do drugs in dreams that I have never tried before, so far I have done cocaine, heroin and opium in dreams and felt amazing effects, and I have yet to try them in real life.

However this experience tops everything. Lately (in the real world) I have been planning to give magic mushrooms another shot with one of my friends, so I have been reading up on it and preparing myself mentally, getting myself into a good spiritual state to increase the chance of a good trip. It seemed like I have been rewarded surprisingly early!

Basically at 4:30 am I got up and listened to Binaural Beats for 30 mins (this has been giving me very good success with WILDS now) and I had a couple of WILDS where I instantly transition into a dream without trying to. After a while I became lucid and started climbing a mountain of gym mats (it was literally the size of a mountain) with a friend. At the top I lost my balance and came crashing down the mountain by jumping from mat to mat, each gym mat broke my fall a little so I didnt get hurt when I hit the bottom (this in-itself was also a very fun experience, scary as shit though)

Afterwards when we fell down my friend offered me this weird drug I have never heard of before, it probably doesnt exist. We sat down on the sofa and basically took a sip of this weird chocolate sunday, then poured the rest of it on our hands. As soon as we did this my Mum burst into the room and started screaming at me, complaining about some chore I never did.

Thats when it hit me, my hands felt this strange sensation and my lips felt like I had spilt tequila on them. I felt extremely light and it just felt good, if you have ever tried N20 it was like 10x better than that. It was better than all of the other herion dreams and such, and suddenly the dream just dissapeared and my vision turned all colourful, I just left the room mentally.

So im wondering if anyone else has weird dreams where they feel very vivid sensations that they have never felt before or imagined before?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."
Jack Reacher

Re: Sorry Mum, but im tripping balls.

Postby Rebecca » 24 Apr 2013 07:16

Hope you don't mind me digging up an old thread... I'm really intrigued now by what you said, as the night before last I had a really disturbing nightmare that involved some kind of acid trip, even though I have never taken LSD before.

I am in a restaurant with the cast of Happy Endings, when one of the girls (not sure her name, Jack Bauer's daughter) wants me to go to the bathroom with her. She heads in one of the stalls and asks me to hold her umbrella. I take hold, and it grips me back, the metal arms wrapping themselves around my wrist.

Then a recorded voice comes out of the umbrella: "toxic gas release in 5... 4... 3..." and as I panic and try to rip it from my arm, a green gas pours out. I hold my breath. The voice goes on "this is nerve gas, the next release will be xxxxxx gas (I cant remember the word) in 5...4...3..." I'm freaking out, still holding my breath trying to get away from the gas as it releases different toxic fumes into my face.

Finally, I cant hold my breath any longer. I draw in a massive lungful of the gas which happens to be a highly hallucinogenic compound, the recorded voice says. Some guy rips off the umbrella and flings it out a door but it is too late. The dream explodes into nightmarish scenes.

One by one, different characters walk past with horrific things to say/show me. Kim Bauer says "there's blood everywhere!" and blood graphically starts pouring out of her joints. Then the others parade past, one is holding a baby about to do something horrific to it. Another is turning inside out from his mouth. Another is glitching in front of me with elements of The Ring coming out. It's not just gross, it's downright terrifying, I have a feeling of complete and utter dread in my bones. There is also a feeling of being trapped in space, like I can't escape mentally or physically, and this being inexplicably trapped plus all the mayhem makes me feel like I'm stuck having a bad acid trip.

I'm rocking in a corner now, and finally have the clarity of thought to shout "I'm dreaming, wake up, wake up!" Usually I would attempt to figure the dream out and have some lucid time too but this is all too overwhelming, I just want out. As I become aware of my real body in bed, something is just barely touching my right armpit, but in the dream this translates to that awful feeling you get when someone is tickling you hard and wont stop, it becomes more and more frustrating as the thing pushes into my armpit which I cant move or defend, until I want to scream.

The drama goes on around me, the dream scene flashing and glitching and weird creatures climbing the walls - and I can see it all even though I have my eyes closed. I shout "WAKE UP, WAKE UP" a few more times and finally GASP and awaken, as the unmistakable feeling of sleep paralysis wears off.

Even though I have never wanted to take acid in real life anyway, this nightmare has absolutely 100% put me off!

What inspired such a horrific nightmare? All I can say is, that night was the first night in a LONG TIME I actually got to sleep properly without having to do baby duty - 11 whole hours meant catching up on an awful lot of serious sleep deprivation. This, as I have learnt (along with all the other firsts this year), has given me some really shocking sleep paralysis / nightmares. I was also practicing WILDs around 5am (the dream happened at 9am) and I have a lot of real life anxiety going on right now. So, I guess I am really asking for it!!
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby DeltaV » 24 Apr 2013 07:27

I had taken drugs in a nonlucid. The effects were that the environment flashed in different colors, music started playing, and my sense of balance leaving in an escape pod. Not being able to walk annoyed me so much, that I said I wanted it to stop, which worked. More proof that you can control your dreams when not lucid.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!
DeltaV

Postby Rebecca » 25 Apr 2013 05:21

DeltaV wrote:More proof that you can control your dreams when not lucid.

I'd suggest you actually were lucid, if only in part... Lucidity = self-awareness / self-recognition / conscious will among other things.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 06:58

So im wondering if anyone else has weird dreams where they feel very vivid sensations that they have never felt before or imagined before?

I cant remember having a dream of taking drugs but I do find that experiences can be so very more intense in dreams then in real life.

Rebecca. I think I would of woken myself up too with a dream like that. That sounds horrific. I had a a dream last year in which a little baby was being horribly multilated.. just that alone happening in a dream was bad enough for me. I woke up gagging from that dream, I still feel sick thinking about it.

The symbolics of your dream are interesting.. eg umbrella is a protection symbol (it usually protects from "bad weather" ie "rain") but instead you get toxic gas. I wonder with that symbolism of having a protective symbol there, if its saying that you should be feeling safe in life with your current situations and with the people around you but you just arent. It could mean you are needing to trust your life situation more. Maybe you are feeling like your life is kind of crazy.

Holding breath=anxiety, trying to get away= trying to run from a life situation (may be not wanting to face something or just wanting to get away).

"Some guy rips off the umbrella and flings it out a door but it is too late" .. you have support/help thou maybe not when you feel like you are needing it

Bleeding joints. maybe could be being drained of energy due to having to be flexible in life.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 25 Apr 2013 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself
taniaaust1

Postby DeltaV » 25 Apr 2013 07:18

Rebecca wrote:
DeltaV wrote:More proof that you can control your dreams when not lucid.

I'd suggest you actually were lucid, if only in part... Lucidity = self-awareness / self-recognition / conscious will among other things.

Well, I wasn't actually conscious of myself or the surroundings. I just got annoyed of not being able to walk, and mumbled to myself. The dream reacted to it. Though this was a form of self-consciousness in a way...
I've had these kind of thoughts before, actually. Sometimes during the dream I just think things to myself, like "I got to remember this". It might be a form of semi-lucidity.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!
DeltaV

Postby RayBanCharles » 25 Apr 2013 07:20

Excuse my ignorance but what is a WILD?
RayBanCharles

Postby DeltaV » 25 Apr 2013 07:27

RayBanCharles wrote:Excuse my ignorance but what is a WILD?

Acronym for Wake Induced Lucid Dream. More information here:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html
DeltaV

Postby Rebecca » 29 Apr 2013 06:49

taniaaust1 wrote:Rebecca. I think I would of woken myself up too with a dream like that. That sounds horrific. I had a a dream last year in which a little baby was being horribly multilated.. just that alone happening in a dream was bad enough for me. I woke up gagging from that dream, I still feel sick thinking about it.

The symbolics of your dream are interesting.. eg umbrella is a protection symbol (it usually protects from "bad weather" ie "rain") but instead you get toxic gas. I wonder with that symbolism of having a protective symbol there, if its saying that you should be feeling safe in life with your current situations and with the people around you but you just arent. It could mean you are needing to trust your life situation more. Maybe you are feeling like your life is kind of crazy.

Holding breath=anxiety, trying to get away= trying to run from a life situation (may be not wanting to face something or just wanting to get away).

"Some guy rips off the umbrella and flings it out a door but it is too late" .. you have support/help thou maybe not when you feel like you are needing it

Bleeding joints. maybe could be being drained of energy due to having to be flexible in life.

This is a really insightful & accurate interpretation as things are really quite stressful for me at the moment. But I hope that will change soon with some big shifts coming up. Thanks v much for sharing ;)
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Summerlander » 29 Apr 2013 09:50

I've tried different types of drugs a long time ago in waking life. Magic mushroom and salvia divinorum trips were my fave. The latter would make me have flashbacks in dreams. A friend of mine at the time described salvia like a brief acid trip. I've never taken acid before but have experienced my mind's theory of what it's like in dreams.

I would relegate myself to taking heroin in waking life though. I'm also sure cocaine would produce better effects in lucid dreams than in waking life. In my opinion coke is not really what people rhapsodise about: there are far better drugs and far less addictive.

Then again this is coming from someone who favours psychedelics over stimulants. Nowadays I don't feel the need to take any drugs in waking life. Lucid dreaming far exceeds all. Our minds just have the potential to go beyond.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Summerlander

Next

Return to Share Your Lucid Dreams