dream I went back in time

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Can

dream I went back in time

Postby Can » 10 Nov 2014 07:17

I just had a dream where I went back in time. This is what happened. DREAM STARTS: I was sat with my mum and sister, they were discussing my sister's wedding. I told them "but she's already married" they both looked at me strangely. I asked them "what year is it?" I was told it was 2010. I was shocked and so were they. I put my hand on my heart and told them I'm from the year 2014 I swear believe me." I told them my sister would get married in 2012. I told my sister to give me a pen and paper so I could write down things that would happen in her future. I had to tell my sister to make sure I didn't fall asleep (which would mean I woke up in real life in 2014). Then, my sister and mother were in the bathroom and when I went close to them they closed the bathroom door I think they were laughing. I walked back to the bedroom which had blue wallpapers I think it was my brother's room. I sat down to continue writing things about the future. I heard my sister go into the room next door closing the door behind her. My sister then went downstairs jumping over the staircase rail. Then she picked me up and took me to the bathroom we both looked in the mirror and we were going to take a picture of us so we had a memory before I went. I wanted to tell her about her future and how her best friend would cheat on her with my sister's boyfriend. But I didn't. My sister said she didn't want to know about the future because then she wouldn't know how to live her life knowing everything that would happen. I agreed with her and told her "Yes, I couldn't live like that either." In another scene/part in my dream was that I overheard my mum saying to a woman that my sister was going to get married on Thursday. I felt like texting someone and telling them this. DREAM OVER. So now I'm thinking that is it that we live the same lives over and over again? So when we die we actually start again as the same person living the same life but ofcourse not everything will be the same as there may be some changes. Is this why we experience deja vu? Because we have lived before doing the same thing? In my dreams, it was 2010, and my brain was current in 2014 since it is 2014 right now. I think we are living the same lives after we die but some things may change depending on how we lived in our previous lives, for example, if I myself read this in my next life and I knew I had written it in my previous life then things would change since I would know some things that would happen in the future so I may be able to change them. But I am confused about the dream I went to, it was 2010 so right now at this moment in time where is that dream? I mean is it a life that is happening right now? It must be right? It's just that I can't access it right now since I am awake. But it is another life that is happening.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Derpybunneh

Re: dream I went back in time

Postby Derpybunneh » 11 Nov 2014 17:12

That is a really interesting dream.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Nickfan40

Re: dream I went back in time

Postby Nickfan40 » 17 Mar 2015 17:23

I have done that a few times myself, but I'm not sure just how long ago it was:

I was walking through my house, recognizing some, but not all of it, because it was a long time ago. I didn't know what year it was until I went into the downstairs bedroom. The walls were pink, there was a baby bed by the window, and on the big bed in the room, was a baby; it was me!

I looked to be only a few months old, but there was no one in the room with me. I was afraid to touch the baby because I thought I was time traveling for real, and would get "sucked inside" my past self. The walls were pink in those days, which was 1976!

I was surprised that there was no one else in the room, because my mother watched me like a hawk, afraid I'd fall off the bed, which was exactly what had happened to her when she was a baby.

The second dream was some time later. I was in an unfamiliar house, but I knew without knowing that it was a relative's house in West Virginia.

I was sitting on a plaid couch, away from everyone else in the house. A little girl, probably only about 3 years old, walks into the room. She had long blonde hair, brown eyes and looked like me at that age. At first, I thought it was my second cousin, Allison, who is now 11, but she looked so much like me. After much "arguing with myself", I finally decided that it *was* me.

She came up to me, put her hands on my knees, and I picked her up. She felt so real in my arms, and she hugged me around the neck, trusting me. I hugged her back as hard as I could. I still feel strange when I think about this dream. I knew that I was not time traveling for real, this time.

Where I got the idea that I would be "sucked into" my past self if I touched it was from Steven L. Gibbs. He said that if you travelled physically, to avoid your past self at all costs. If you got close enough to touch, you'd be sucked in and you'd have to "trade places" with yourself. Sounds nutty. I'm not even sure if it's true or not. I've been trying to get in touch with Dr. Fred Alan Wolf to see if this is even possible, but I can't email him.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”