Awakenings

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Mithrandiri

Awakenings

Postby Mithrandiri » 23 Nov 2014 00:49

The world had been entirely swallowed by the sea. Shay and I floated silently, aimlessly, between a sorrowful sky and a glass smooth sea. Neither of us worried for our lives or the innumerable lost lives of others. We floated as content as could be.

"I wish there were waves. This floating grows tiresome," I said aloud. And at my wish, the sea pushed up ever growing waves that sent Shay and I rising and falling across the endless sea. I was surprised that the sea had heard and obeyed. "I wish the waves would stop," I said aloud. The sea obeyed.

I righted myself in the water and pulled Shay close. I whispered, "We're in a dream, I think." I let myself slip below the waves and I inhaled deeply. My lungs pulled in nothing but air. I swam to the surface and yelled, "We ARE dreaming."

Shay stayed floating.

I peered below me into the water which had turned a rotten shade of shadow. "Let's swim to the bottom to see what lives there," I suggested, eager to see what things would call such murk their home.

Shay refused.

"Then let's fly as high as we can to see what lives beyond the sky," I suggested.

Shay refused. She was content to float.

I grew confused. We were in a dream and all she desired was to float aimlessly across a sea. I looked down into the darkening depths again and remembered a story I'd once read, and my heart filled with delicious dread, "I'm going to call for Cthulhu," I confessed to my floating friend. "I'm going to scream the name over and over until he comes to meet us."

Shay sank into the water and surfaced again, gasping for air. Her eyes were frantic and fearful, "NO." was all she said.

"But I want to. No. I need to call that name. I want to see what will happen." And my heart became consumed with the insane desire to waken the ancient beast. "I need to do this."

Shay wept. She wept in the heart breaking way that a small child will weep after waking from a hideous nightmare. She wept over and over again a single word, "No."

I couldn't bear to see her so hysterical with fear. I pushed away the desire to waken the ancient beast and together we floated in lucid silence.
Twitter Dream Diary: Olorion Mithrandiri

taniaaust1

Re: Awakenings

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2014 16:30

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading that due to how well it was written.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”