False Awakening (3 in a row)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DesertExplorer

False Awakening (3 in a row)

Postby DesertExplorer » 22 Dec 2014 16:13

Well, it was three but not in the row that you think.

After I read the very helpful answer to me by Summerlander in http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15402 , I went to sleep and this is what happens;

I had a dream (don't remember), and then a false awakening. I reality checked and felt myself floating in parallel position to my bed. I rubbed my hands together as I was suggested, but I couldn't move from there, nor could I change anything in my view. When I tried to move my body as I was floating, I did a 360 turn and been in the same position, again. And.. woke up!

I fell asleep in a couple of minutes and I dreamt something (don't remember), and a false awakening. I reality checked and I finally could move. I rubbed my hands as much as I could and got a very clear image of my room. I ran to my balcony (I don't know why I didn't float) and jumped across a building. I would continue to parkour :D , but I woke up.

I went back to sleep and you know the rest; a regular dream, false awakening, reality check. BUT, I spent a lot of time being lucid in my house for the first time (probably three minutes or more). So, I did many things, but I couldn't create characters or different places. I spun around myself and I got a long hallway for a change, but it became my house all over again. And after some time I woke up. :roll:

Do you have any advice on creating characters and places? I really find trouble on doing that.
As it seems I will be able to do that every night from now as I can identify easily a False Awakening. :D
Last edited by DesertExplorer on 23 Dec 2014 11:27, edited 2 times in total.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

JonSnowLD

Re: False Awaking (3 in a row)

Postby JonSnowLD » 22 Dec 2014 16:40

False awakenings are always so weird XD gotta love them!

I have difficulty creating places and people too-I use the spinning technique to make a new place and try to imagine where I want to go in vivid detail as I spin. It's usually not exactly how I want but close enough so I just go with it ;) don't worry about it changing back once you're in a different scene-try and engage in the new scene so it can't change back!

People wise I just look around the dreamscape for the person I want and the dream brings me into contact with them... If my subconscious is feeling so inclined that is... ;)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 22 Dec 2014 18:43

Thanks! I will try tonight again. The thing is that I didn't think of any place when I was spinning and that was a mistake. I wonder now how it came to a hallway.. :shock:
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 22 Dec 2014 21:31

This is similar to a bad dream i used to experience, I used to dream I laying awake in my own bed often, I once had this occurrence where I would dream that I just woke up in my own bed, then I would get up and try to turn the light on only it would not turn on, so then I would walk out onto my stairway and try the light there and again it would not work, so I would proceed thought my entire house trying to turn lights on only none of them would work which used to freak me out, then I would open my front door and look outside only this would not be the outside of my house, instead everything was just gone and the sky would just be covered with rusted dirty orange metal for as far as you could see, thats as far as it ever got before I figured out I was dreaming, and as soon as I figured out it was a dream which I used to do every time at some point of the cycle more often than not after trying just a couple of lights in my house, once I released it was just a dream I would just try to wake myself up only to reset the loop again in my dream.

Sometimes this loop would continue many many times over, and the more times it occurred in succession the scareior it become, sometimes it felt like I would never get out of this loop.

Can't really offer you any advise on what to do about it, it used to horrify me for years between this, seeing dream characters in my room while I was dreaming leading me to believe I was been haunted and a few other random bad dreams I used to have, all I can say is that I did get over it and now have a much higher level of control over my dreams, but I would not wish this on anyone to suffer for as long as I did, its been a good 5 or 10 years since I dreamed that way and just thinking about it still give me the creeps.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 22 Dec 2014 22:11

DesertExplorer wrote:Thanks! I will try tonight again. The thing is that I didn't think of any place when I was spinning and that was a mistake. I wonder now how it came to a hallway.. :shock:

That another option of course-spinning and seeing what random place you end up in :D I kind of want to try that way now!

And that does sound surreal and unsettling stormsharkX D:

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 22 Dec 2014 22:36

StormSharkX wrote:This is similar to a bad dream i used to experience, I used to dream I laying awake in my own bed often, I once had this occurrence where I would dream that I just woke up in my own bed, then I would get up and try to turn the light on only it would not turn on, so then I would walk out onto my stairway and try the light there and again it would not work, so I would proceed thought my entire house trying to turn lights on only none of them would work which used to freak me out, then I would open my front door and look outside only this would not be the outside of my house, instead everything was just gone and the sky would just be covered with rusted dirty orange metal for as far as you could see, thats as far as it ever got before I figured out I was dreaming, and as soon as I figured out it was a dream which I used to do every time at some point of the cycle more often than not after trying just a couple of lights in my house, once I released it was just a dream I would just try to wake myself up only to reset the loop again in my dream.

Sometimes this loop would continue many many times over, and the more times it occurred in succession the scareior it become, sometimes it felt like I would never get out of this loop.

Can't really offer you any advise on what to do about it, it used to horrify me for years between this, seeing dream characters in my room while I was dreaming leading me to believe I was been haunted and a few other random bad dreams I used to have, all I can say is that I did get over it and now have a much higher level of control over my dreams, but I would not wish this on anyone to suffer for as long as I did, its been a good 5 or 10 years since I dreamed that way and just thinking about it still give me the creeps.

But, I didn't have a false awakening after another (there was a break of some minutes, that I actually woke up!). You misunderstood my situation. In first, I have a regular dream and nothing happens. But, later I wake up in my room (not really) and reality check. When my LD ends, I wake up (for real). And this happens another two times.

I don't want to fix it.
You see, I look forward for it to happen again, tonight. It seems that it is the only way for me to be lucid every night. I just needed an advice on how to change the environment and create characters, which it seems that it is not too hard (it's already in my mind :D ).

But well, yeah.. In that way you describe it is scary, indeed. One after another? God!! :|
Last edited by DesertExplorer on 23 Dec 2014 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

~David Gerrold

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 22 Dec 2014 22:39

JonSnowLD wrote:
DesertExplorer wrote:Thanks! I will try tonight again. The thing is that I didn't think of any place when I was spinning and that was a mistake. I wonder now how it came to a hallway.. :shock:

That another option of course-spinning and seeing what random place you end up in :D I kind of want to try that way now!

And that does sound surreal and unsettling stormsharkX D:

Do you have the ability to be Lucid every night? If so, for how long?

~David Gerrold

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 23 Dec 2014 00:22

I wish! :/ Nahhhh, at least not yet-one day hopefully ;) I'm just getting back into lucid dreaming actually after a 2 or 3 month break so I'm expecting to be back at square one again unfortunately :(

Are you able to LD every night!?

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 23 Dec 2014 08:13

DesertExplorer wrote:
StormSharkX wrote:This is similar to a bad dream i used to experience, I used to dream I laying awake in my own bed often, I once had this occurrence where I would dream that I just woke up in my own bed, then I would get up and try to turn the light on only it would not turn on, so then I would walk out onto my stairway and try the light there and again it would not work, so I would proceed thought my entire house trying to turn lights on only none of them would work which used to freak me out, then I would open my front door and look outside only this would not be the outside of my house, instead everything was just gone and the sky would just be covered with rusted dirty orange metal for as far as you could see, thats as far as it ever got before I figured out I was dreaming, and as soon as I figured out it was a dream which I used to do every time at some point of the cycle more often than not after trying just a couple of lights in my house, once I released it was just a dream I would just try to wake myself up only to reset the loop again in my dream.

But, I didn't have a false awaking after another (there was a break of some minutes, that I actually woke up!). You misunderstood my situation. In first, I have a regular dream and nothing happens. But, later I wake up in my room (not really) and reality check. When my LD ends, I wake up (for real). And this happens another two times.

I don't want to fix it.
You see, I look forward for it to happen again, tonight. It seems that it is the only way for me to be lucid every night. I just needed an advice on how to change the environment and create characters, which it seems that it is not too hard (it's already in my mind :D ).

But well, yeah.. In that way you describe it is scary, indeed. One after another? God!! :|

It may not scare me as much these day to be honest, now I know what lucid dreams are and can in some respect control them, but at the time I never even realized what a lucid dream was or anything about them, to me at the time this was just a reoccurring nightmare that I was at least able to recognize as just a dream , without any knowledge really of what the recognition of the fact I was dreaming could have meant, so at the time the only thing I wanted to do and tried focusing all my efforts on was trying to wake up, its quite funny know I think about it, because in a way I guess I was successfully controlling the dream in the scene I was guiding my dream back to the point where I was waking up in bed, so who knows what could have happened if only I realized and had of instead attempted to explore some fantasy dream worlds like I would probably do know given the same situation.

And as for some of the other dreams especially filling my room up with dream characters, these where not even lucid I seriously used to think I was really awake and these characters where spirits haunting me, I used go to be just praying they would just leave me alone, that was the most scary part about it.

But for what its worth now the only effort I put into lucid dreaming is to try and guide the environment that I will lucid dream in, I near always recognize a dream that is vivid enough no matter what it is about, I dont reality check or anything it just comes natural to me without trying, sometimes a dream just starts and for some reason I just think to myself "this is a dream" and thats it, thats all it takes for me to enter a lucid dream, even proving to myself that I am in a dream becomes pointless it just seems so obvious.

So maybe all those years of torment and trying to wake myself up over and over again, only to succeed in waking up in my dream sense with what I can only describe a a perfect score in the fact that I would rewake myself up in my dream every single time I tried, and try every single time I realized I was dreaming, so I guess there is a huge chance that this lead be to be able to lucid dream the way I do now.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 23 Dec 2014 10:45

JonSnowLD wrote:I wish! :/ Nahhhh, at least not yet-one day hopefully ;) I'm just getting back into lucid dreaming actually after a 2 or 3 month break so I'm expecting to be back at square one again unfortunately :(

Are you able to LD every night!?

No, I had stopped for 2 or 3 months, but I wished to try again so I got some advice from a member the night that I decided to do it again and worked! Three times!! It was awesome, I tell you.

But, yesterday I tried, but I hadn't a false awakening, so I couldn't do it. :cry:

Does it happen for you to know how to get false awakening every night, maybe??

~David Gerrold

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”