It's not a nightmare, however...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ruir

It's not a nightmare, however...

Postby Ruir » 03 Jan 2015 05:22

It's almost a week since I joined this forum.

Last night (January 2-3, 2015), I was on long trip to a place, and it took exact 12 hours. I traveled with bus and it went on 19.00 (GMT +7), so I used the time (19.00-07.00) to sleep, sleep, and sleep. I knew that sleeping in the bus is difficult; first because the temperature is quite cold, second because I have to sleep in sit position. I've decided to try lucid dreaming in the bus using MILD technique. These made me to sleep and forcefully awakened every 2 hours. If calculated roughly, I made 6 lucid dreams. However, I can only remember 3 of them. I couldn't use dream journal in the bus because things like reading and writing would make me intoxicated(?) or such as that.

Actually, I am not sure they were lucid dreams. However, those dreams are editable by my imagination(s). So while I was dreaming, at the same time I was imagining something. This something, unfortunately, made my dream become worse than before and it led my dream unto nightmare, such as the (1) I was the survivor and other characters become zombie, (2) I was in 200 A.D war and my dream is full of zombies and ghosts, (3) I was playing fps game with zombie character, and the sky always dark!

How did I sleep? I tried to imagine my world quietly (I did this after I was awakened and I wanted to sleep again). I imagined various world, a world from my school (which led me to the dream (1)), a world from game (which led me to the dream (2)), and a world from another game (which led me to the dream (3)). I successfully enter my dream consciously. And then, bad things happened: while I was enjoying my dream, the world was gradually changing to be gloomy and terrible. Zombies and/or ghosts were changing other characters and they were filling my dreams, all of it. The sky that was dark in the beginning, became darker.
Since in the beginning, I realized that "this is a dream (or nightmare?)" and the appearance change didn't shake me. However, this is terrible. Fiuh...

buildit

Re: It's not a nightmare, however...

Postby buildit » 03 Jan 2015 06:10

Nobody can scare you like you can.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Re: It's not a nightmare, however...

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Jan 2015 11:54

Dont let the dream turning into a dark one get to you... either confront the things in it which scare you (when a person does that they usually all go away) or just ignore what the dream is becoming and hold your mind on positive things and emotions, giving the dream a chance to change itself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”