sense of excitement

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
ILFlint

sense of excitement

Postby ILFlint » 05 Jan 2015 07:10

I've studied LDing for some time, but only recently got serious about it. I thought that because I had been studying lucidity for a time, that when I finally gained full control of a LD that I would avoid the beginner's experience of being kicked out due to excitement. For the first 20 seconds or so, it was true, as I had to overcome an obstacle in the dream environment. Then i jumped off a wall and landed softly, despite trepidation of being hurt. At that point, I had an uncontrollable excitement that came over me, and I jumped up and down a couple times cheering. It was the beginning of the end of the lucidity because I lost focus. i tried to reestablish control with the hands trick, but I think because it was the first time achieving full lucidity, i got over involved in the dream again. Just wanted to say that despite training myself for the moment, actually achieving the lucidity was emotionally exhilarating, and not something I could ration when it happened. Thought I'd share. Have a good one.

hectorjose

Re: sense of excitement

Postby hectorjose » 06 Jan 2015 23:43

Thanks for sharing! I can relate to the lucid dream getting cut short from getting too excited, then watching the scene fade out and next thing you know you are opening your eyes in bed saying, damm it!! A little experience and I came to learn just the right level of excitement I could feel... and still remain in the lucid dream. Definitely in the beginning, I woke up alot of times from a lucid dream from getting too excited. Kissing a beautiful woman and realizing how real (and awesome) it felt..... it was easy to start to get too excited when all the possibilities start entering your mind....It takes practice to get excited and not wake up...i definitely know how you feel!
“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly. Soon I awoke, and now I do not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”
― Chuang-Tzu

ILFlint

Postby ILFlint » 09 Jan 2015 00:41

Thanks for your response. It's always easy to talk about how you are going to handle a situation. It's another to be there and follow through. And working within your mind in such a circumstance is a new ball game altogether. Appreciate the input.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Jan 2015 18:39

I never lost control over excitement about lucidity. I now lose control only about minutes later that I lose Lucidity and wake up instantly. keep calm and don't forget the hands-trick for clarity. Whenever your conciousness starts to fade away, do it! Was this your first?
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2015 06:31

I think if you think excitement is going to wake you up from a dream, that probably makes it even more likely that it will. It's a tricky thing... Yes it can make people drop out, but it also can be used to hold one in one.

I use excitement at times to keep me in a dream ..as a stabilizer. Thing is one needs the "right balance" but when one is a "little" excited it can help keep ones focus more intensely in the dream and the interactions there.

eg I use an exboyfriend as a stabiliser. and will get a DC of him to touch me, to help hold me in a dream (when Im so close to a drop out that any movement I make will make me loose it. so I create his DC to connect with me and help me stay there till Im stable enough to go about the dream again).

The thing is I need to keep my sexual self control as if I let the touching go too far, it would make me loose the dream. I get him to touch me just enough to get me stable then I send his LD away (which is quite funny as after a few times of that, his DC gets annoyed when he's rejected LOL).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 12 Jan 2015 12:36

It seems you haven't overcame your relationship, have you? ;)
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”