Was I Lucid?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Parap

Was I Lucid?

Postby Parap » 24 Jan 2015 06:19

I feel like if i have to ask the answer is no but i'm wondering if this was my first lucid dream or the start of one. So i was in the car with my dad, he was driving and we were going somewhere i'm not sure. We passed by this guy wearing a motorcycle helmet standing in the middle of the highway, and my dad pulled out his phone and started texting. So i told him he might have hit the guy if he kept doing that, and he told me it didn't matter since I was only dreaming. I didn't believe him, and i kept looking at my hands but couldn't see anything abnormal (when i woke up i realized my fingers were like twisted in all different directions) So i decided to indulge my dad a bit, i thought he was messing with me and i said "oh yeah, sure, i'm dreaming. I wonder what i'll do" and i laughed like it was a joke. He was really adamant though, like REALLY persistent that it was a dream. For some reason i decided it was a good idea to open the car door while we were on the highway as a test, and when i did he screamed at me to close it. I said that since i felt fear, it couldn't be a dream; obviously i realize how stupid that was when i woke up lol. Anyways, my dad again insisted that it was a dream and he said I should try to wake up, so i did. As soon as i opened my eyes i said "SHIT!" out loud, haha. The weird thing is i felt concious going from the dreamworld to the waking world.. like my thought process carried over, it was interesting, i was almost sure i had a false awakening or that i was still dreaming but no such luck :(

buildit

Re: Was I Lucid?

Postby buildit » 24 Jan 2015 06:40

Sounds like you were lucid but not in control. The two are mutually exclusive. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 14:05

The weird thing is i felt concious going from the dreamworld to the waking world.. like my thought process carried over, it was interesting, i was almost sure i had a false awakening or that i was still dreaming but no such luck :(

It sounds as if you did have "some" of your normal conscious awakeness in this dream. I assume you felt like you had been awake all along when you woke yourself up (consciousness followed throu). Hard to say thou how much waking consciousness you had in it, I think a low level as you didnt notice your fingers were weird when they were even thou you were looking for weirdness (this shows your subconscious was still strongly in control of your thought processes, you may of been less consciously aware then you thought).

This thou cant be called a lucid dream as such as you werent aware you were dreaming, even with all the help your own subconsciousness was trying to give you. I dont think it could of spoken stronger, it even gave the message in your authority figure (your dad!). Maybe this incident will be enough to teach you to listen to it next time. Maybe next time something like that happens, you may remember this incident and have it make you wiser. :)

The dream shows you have successfully programmed into your subconsciousness what you wish to do.. but that wont help much if you dont listen to it. I do think you got to feel thou what it felt like to wake up with a bit of waking consciousness present.

Best luck with having your first LD soon.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 14:16

Thou the programming yourself to look at your hands and check those has worked well (as far as getting it happening during dream anyway), seeing they didnt startle you into knowing you were having a dream even when they were very weird you accepted them as being so, so maybe you need a different reality check on top of doing that one.

How about doing something like checking a clock a few times and see if you can notice that being weird... or doing something else you think may trigger you to becoming aware (try to program into yourself that if you see something weird with your reality check.. it IS a dream).

I suggest just before sleep each night spending a minute or two thinking about all the weird ways your hands could appear in a dream (I often have things growing out of my fingertips) and focusing on that if you see those things, it WILL tell you you are dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”