First lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dhannen

First lucid dream?

Postby dhannen » 25 Jan 2015 15:58

I just had what I think was a lucid dream so I typed in lucid dream forum to see if I can talk to somebody who knows about them and this popped up so here I am. So here's what I have to say: A few weeks ago I read about lucid dreaming but I wasn't sure if I wanted to because it kinda scared me but I still did reality checks but not very commonly just to see if I was awake. Last night as I went to sleep I said to myself I would be ok with it if I had one and I think I did. Now we get to the actual dream. I remember being in this weird town with stone roads and buildings lining them sort of like those italian towns. So I look at this door and think can I go in there? And I could. My mom and her friend were sitting in a room down the hall and aparently I was supposed to be cooking some food called "margot" so as I'm about to step into the kitchen I get really scared and run to my mom but I pretend I wasn't scared and I just wanted to talk to her. Then I head back to the kitchen where the fear of a small shadow in the corner was gone and I wake up(or so I thought...). I go into the kitchen to tell my mom about my dream and she is busy so I go to tell my neice who lives with us but then I wake up again and I was thinking where am I didn't I already wake up? I realized I had a false awakening and then it made sense. There is two reasons I think this was lucid 1. even though I had no real control of the events I had a sense I was dreaming the entire time even during the cooking part and the whole thing was much more clear and easier to remember. 2. Both the fact I had a false awakening and when I was in it I was exited because I thought the part before was a lucid dream. This turned out really long but thanks if you can tell me what this was.

dhannen

Re: First lucid dream?

Postby dhannen » 26 Jan 2015 03:30

Well looks like I am on my own to figure this out maybe ill learn more tonight.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 13:20

I think you may of more so had a vivid dream due to you seem to be seeking out reasons why this may of been a lucid one. When you have a LD you will really know you are lucid during it.

You then had a false awakening... had you done a reality check at that point, you probably would of gone into LD with a good level of waking awareness.

If you want to have a LD its always a good idea to do a reality check when you first awake to make sure you arent in a FA esp do a reality check if you think you've just woken up from a FA as these can happen more then once in a row.

Being clear and easier to remember happens more with the more vivid a dream is.

2. Both the fact I had a false awakening and when I was in it I was exited because I thought the part before was a lucid dream.

When you were having the false awakening you didnt know you were still dreaming, so that part cant be called a LD. Lucid dreaming is the term for when one is lucid and knows it at the time.

Getting excited over the other dream only "after" you believed you'd woke up, I guess shows too you werent really lucid in that part before. If you gained awareness during that other part, you would of got excited at the time you really knew you were dreaming and had awareness.. not after you thought you woke up from it (and at a time in which you still didnt know you were dreaming at that moment in time).

With a LD you will know at the time you are dreaming and even if you dont have good LD control, you will feel excitement or fear or another emotion due to knowing you are dreaming, at the time you know you are.

It does thou sound as if you are getting very close to having an LD (you only just missed the boat one could say with this experience).. so keep up the reality checks.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dhannen

Postby dhannen » 26 Jan 2015 22:30

I think it sounds very interesting and maybe I will have one if I keep trying I've only heard of them before but never tried.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”